Melo Moaning.... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Melo Moaning....

He could have gotten a large sum of money close to the ny deal elsewhere and played with a contender.
I get the perspctive as a fan. I also have personal experience with friends and acquaintances who were pro athletes who were far too generous in their business decisions only to deal with major struggles afterwards. Yes he could have gone to chicago for quite a bit less if you are a math and economics nut like me and look at the real earnings vs just the aggregate total of the contract.

The fact he is making the smart decision for his future may not be as endearing to someone like yourself but i applaud him. Its a smart move.

Smart as it was..it still came with a commitment to putting together a contender for the near future. That gives melo the right to ask for a move if free agency doesn't put several more pieces of the puzzle together.

He never said anything. Frank Isola, who always trolls NYK fans, reported he's mad about it. Melo, on his Instagram, went in defending the draft pick. Who knows what to believe but the only thing out of Melo's mouth has been positive about the draft.

Knicks are in the market for a SG and C. If they can get Ellis, Green or Carroll and one of Jordan, Gasol or Monroe, they immediately become a middle of the pack 3-7 seed playoff team in the East.

Agree across the board.

I just can't get past the fact they were dumb enough to win the last two games. None of this discussion would be happening if they just did what they do best, lose a couple more games. Then they get one of the big three.

You can't blame the guys who were playing for trying hard out there, even winning those last two games, they had the 2nd best chance of winning the lottery.

You can't blame the guys who were playing for trying hard out there, even winning those last two games, they had the 2nd best chance of winning the lottery.
I don't blame those players, I blame the coaches for putting them in a position to win those two games - should not have happened.

I don't blame those players, I blame the coaches for putting them in a position to win those two games - should not have happened.

How could the coaches have hurt their chances more (and also, keep in mind the coach's, much like the players, were trying to win games)? Their starters were just as bad as their backups. The only thing they could have really done is waste their timeouts and continue to call more timeouts so that the other team can get technical fouls lol.

He never said anything. Frank Isola, who always trolls NYK fans, reported he's mad about it. Melo, on his Instagram, went in defending the draft pick. Who knows what to believe but the only thing out of Melo's mouth has been positive about the draft.

Knicks are in the market for a SG and C. If they can get Ellis, Green or Carroll and one of Jordan, Gasol or Monroe, they immediately become a middle of the pack 3-7 seed playoff team in the East.

Ellis would be a poor fit. Green would be good. Carroll would be okay, but he's not really a SG. Gasol and Jordan aren't going to go there. If they come away with Monroe and Danny Green, they're still trying to scrape together the 8 seed IMO.

PG: Calderon/rookie Grant
SG: Danny Green
SF: Melo
PF: ???
C: Monroe

That's still a bad starting lineup, and the bench is even worse.

Ellis would be a poor fit. Green would be good. Carroll would be okay, but he's not really a SG. Gasol and Jordan aren't going to go there. If they come away with Monroe and Danny Green, they're still trying to scrape together the 8 seed IMO.

PG: Calderon/rookie Grant
SG: Danny Green
SF: Melo
PF: ???
C: Monroe

That's still a bad starting lineup, and the bench is even worse.
Deandre Jordan is visiting from everything I've read. I agree it's a longshot but it's not completely out of the question. I agree that Danny Green is who would fit the Knicks the best. I don't know if they would have any money left over for David West after signing a SG and C but if not him, I'd say start Porzingis. Throw him to the fire and see what he's got.

Deandre Jordan is visiting from everything I've read. I agree it's a longshot but it's not completely out of the question. I agree that Danny Green is who would fit the Knicks the best. I don't know if they would have any money left over for David West after signing a SG and C but if not him, I'd say start Porzingis. Throw him to the fire and see what he's got.

I think Porzingis will be more NBA-ready than people seem to think. I think he can play 20ish minutes a night. But yeah, getting West would be big. I wonder how much money he's looking for though. He just turned down $12.5 mil or something from Indy.

And the only reason I think New York even has a remote chance at Jordan is because he supposedly wants to be an all-star, and playing in the East would help. But even then, the PG situation (that he's extremely dependent on) is abysmal in New York.

I think Porzingis will be more NBA-ready than people seem to think. I think he can play 20ish minutes a night. But yeah, getting West would be big. I wonder how much money he's looking for though. He just turned down $12.5 mil or something from Indy.
I think it depends on if we can unload Calderon. If we can, they may have room for SG, C and David West.

Say we sign Danny Green, he immediately starts with either Jerian Grant or Langston Galloway alongside him in the backcourt with the other coming off the bench. That's an unspectacular but solid backcourt trio.

The frontcourt, if Calderon is moved, could be Melo-West-Monroe with Porzingis coming off the bench at the 3/4 or Porzingis starting with West off the bench and then I literally have no clue who else we'll have for depth.

Best case scenario, imo, assuming we're not getting LMA or Gasol is we move Calderon and sign Danny Green, Deandre Jordan and David West. Not sure we'll have the money for that but I've heard it mentioned.

This is NY though so we'll probably end up with Demarre Carroll and Greg Monroe.

the dude averaged 9 points in the euro league- he aint helping the knicks anytime soon-nba aint some euro trash league-

mello took the money thinking the knicks had a plan- like always they didnt dont wont cant

You got to play someone, its not like those guys were all star caliber players.

You got to play someone, its not like those guys were all star caliber players.

Coaches do a lot more than call timeouts and substitute players.

Plenty of tactical things they could do on either end of the court.

For example, refusing to double team an opposing post player who is on a role, manipulating the matchups so a poor defender is on their star, etc.

Per Woj, looks like Monroe and Afflalo are the most likely FAs.

Afflalo sucks. That'd be too bad.
I like the Monroe angle though

Afflalo sucks. That'd be too bad.
I like the Monroe angle though

I want nothing to do with Monroe, the guy is charmin soft, and a Gtown player to boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom