Melo Moaning.... | Syracusefan.com

Melo Moaning....

newmexicuse

All Conference
The chatter is that Melo did not approve of the Knicks taking Porzingus. Pretty clearly Porzingus had the most upside of anybody available to the Knicks @ #4. Yes, he wasn't the most ready or the safest pick at that slot, but the draft is all about upside. Phil did a nice job in getting Grant for Hardaway later in the first round.

As for Melo, he could have landed on a contender last summer, but opted for the big $$$ - surprise, surprise. Next, the Knicks were a team that maybe should have been a playoff team at the beginning of last season, but it wasn't happening. Melo just couldn't get it done with the cast that was on hand. That put Phil in a position where he pretty much had to tear it down and start at ground zero. Some of the reports are saying that Melo felt betrayed by all of this. There just weren't enough pieces or talent on hand for Phil to build a winner around Melo, at least not after the ill advised Chandler trade.

If those reports are true, maybe it is time for him to leave NY. I think Melo needs to decide if he wants to be a part of what will be a tedious rebuilding process in the Big Apple or not. If the latter, I think Phil would accommodate moving Melo on if he received any semblence of fair value in return.

I am both a Knick and a Melo fan. Obviously, I would love to see the Knicks re-build a contending winning franchise with Melo as the centerpiece. However, it might be best for Melo to go somewhere where he can contend & for the Knicks to accumulate some young talent in return.

Thing is, Melo didn't even say anything. This is all "sources say" stuff. Who knows. The media are sharks.

They are also dumb and shortsighted. If they want to be critical, the story should be how Fisher went buckwild to win those 2 games at the end of the year. Without that they've got Okafor or Russell and there's no story.

As it stands, they took a guy that many teams would've taken if they picked 4th. NY media is really stretching this out to be a story as much as they can.

Melo was sold a bill of goods about making the team competitive now including going out to get another big name. That's also why he resigned. They've done nothing close to it and while this kid might be good some day, the Knicks keep kicking the can down the road. I'd demand a trade.

maybe Jackson is setting the stage to trade melo. I hope so, unless he has about 3 aces up his sleeve in FA. otherwise, I think melo might be the most snakebit pro I can think of.

Phil Jackson has how many nba championship, melo has how many? Melo should be listening to Phil hes the first coach since JB that he should be listening to. Just my opinion though, everyone has one.

As a diehard Knicks fan who truly loves Melo, he needs to calm down. He signed the biggest deal he had on the table because it was best for him and his family (admitted). Phil may have "sold" him a bill of goods, but Melo knew that was a big risk. He gambled and will STILL be paid, but winning a championship will be difficult.

At the end of the day, he needs to step up and be the leader of this very young group. They will likely be ungood in 2015-16, but have a chance to be competitive in '16-17.

Love the Jerian trade as long as they can negotiate for a legit 2 guard.

Phil Jackson has how many nba championship, melo has how many? Melo should be listening to Phil hes the first coach since JB that he should be listening to. Just my opinion though, everyone has one.
Except that Phil is not his coach. Phil wouldn't coach this cast he has put together. Steven A said it very well last night. They lied to Melo. I too am a Knicks and Melo fan bit I hope he figures a way out of there.

Phil Has zero championships in his current role.

Melo was sold a bill of goods about making the team competitive now including going out to get another big name. That's also why he resigned. They've done nothing close to it and while this kid might be good some day, the Knicks keep kicking the can down the road. I'd demand a trade.
What could the Knicks have done that they haven't?

Phil won nothing as a GM and is not the coach.

Melo was commenting to people on IG last night basically saying that the rumors aren't true and KP was the steal of the draft. The NY media and SAS is drumming up issue to have stories.

Bernas for example reported Melo was all in on KP. Next day he switched to Melo being upset. What is it?

Frank Isola is trolling everyone with these reports. Melo hasn't said anything and according to reports, sat in on Porzingis's workout and liked what he saw.

I would have rather taken Mudiay but we'll what happens in Free Agency. Not a fan of Phil so far but he has a summer to make moves to change my mind.

The Knicks are not one player away from contending first of all and second melo picked the paycheck over being a contender so I for one can't feel bad for him. If he wanted to win he should have went to Chicago

Frank Isola is trolling everyone with these reports. Melo hasn't said anything and according to reports, sat in on Porzingis's workout and liked what he saw.

I would have rather taken Mudiay but we'll what happens in Free Agency. Not a fan of Phil so far but he has a summer to make moves to change my mind.
Supposedly the Knicks were going to take Mudiay, but then they were able to put together the Hardaway deal for a pick where they thought Grant would still be on the board. I think the Knicks had a great draft. Zinger is risky, but high upside. Even if he doesn't totally pan out he will not be another Weis. There just weren't any no brainers available at the 4 slot. Grant should be solid and serviceable and is athletic. Less upside, but more proven than Mudiay at PG.

I found it interesting that when the Knicks dealt for the 2nd round pick that Rak was still on the board. I saw a few brief clips of that Spanish center, and the only thing IMHO he had over Rak was legit 5 spot size. I was hoping going into the draft that the Knicks would get a 2nd rounder & draft Rak.

As a diehard Knicks fan who truly loves Melo, he needs to calm down. He signed the biggest deal he had on the table because it was best for him and his family (admitted). Phil may have "sold" him a bill of goods, but Melo knew that was a big risk. He gambled and will STILL be paid, but winning a championship will be difficult.

At the end of the day, he needs to step up and be the leader of this very young group. They will likely be ungood in 2015-16, but have a chance to be competitive in '16-17.

Love the Jerian trade as long as they can negotiate for a legit 2 guard.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/s...ering-to-carmelo-anthony.html?ref=sports&_r=0

glad the pr!cks errrr knicks stayed away from rak-
they are the worst run organization in sports- hands down

to be in the worlds biggest market and not do anything for decades other than look like a piss poor run organization -says it all

Isaiah thomas rehire speaks volumes on the owners ability to surround himself with hoops intelligent personal

The clock is ticking and, as I too-well realize as I get to the latter phase of my "career," more rapidly, Melo has to get out of Dodge asap if he wants to ever get a taste of a deep playoff run before the curtain goes down. I would never work for a slug like Dolan, and I've worked for some slugs, that messed-up franchise is a reflection of his lameness.

Philip may have a lotta rings, blah blah blah, but big whoop-de-doo, he may be in over his head and realizes he made a mistake falling for Dolan's come-on. It's clear Carmelo doesn't have as much juice with the hefes as he'd like. I was hoping last year there was some truth to the talk he might hook up with LeBron (heart be still). I'd love to see Carmelo in Chicago, somewhere other than a lame lottery team. The Knicks are so messed up they blew a shot at a stud, immediate-impact player like Towns, Russell or Okafor by going on a 2-game winning streak at the end of the season. Schmucks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/s...m-catering-to-carmelo-anthony.html?ref=sports

Thing is, Melo didn't even say anything. This is all "sources say" stuff. Who knows. The media are sharks.

They are also dumb and shortsighted. If they want to be critical, the story should be how Fisher went buckwild to win those 2 games at the end of the year. Without that they've got Okafor or Russell and there's no story.

As it stands, they took a guy that many teams would've taken if they picked 4th. NY media is really stretching this out to be a story as much as they can.
It is incredible to me that once Phil threw in the towel and decided to trot out a summer league-quality roster for the remainder of the season, they were stupid enough to win a few games late when all it could do was hurt them on ping pong ball night. Someone should have explained Murphy's Law to Fisher and how it applies to the Knicks. Was Phil even watching those games? Did he realize that winning those games might move the Knicks down in the pecking order of putrid teams and come back to bite them? I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
The clock is ticking and, as I too-well realize as I get to the latter phase of my "career," more rapidly, Melo has to get out of Dodge asap if he wants to ever get a taste of a deep playoff run before the curtain goes down. I would never work for a slug like Dolan, and I've worked for some slugs, that messed-up franchise is a reflection of his lameness.

Philip may have a lotta rings, blah blah blah, but big whoop-de-doo, he may be in over his head and realizes he made a mistake falling for Dolan's come-on. It's clear Carmelo doesn't have as much juice with the hefes as he'd like. I was hoping last year there was some truth to the talk he might hook up with LeBron (heart be still). I'd love to see Carmelo in Chicago, somewhere other than a lame lottery team. The Knicks are so messed up they blew a shot at a stud, immediate-impact player like Towns, Russell or Okafor by going on a 2-game winning streak at the end of the season. Schmucks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/s...m-catering-to-carmelo-anthony.html?ref=sports
Nothing will be told until after next years FA class, and with the cap going up and Dolan never shy about spending, Melo may get the support he needs while the Knicks did not mortgage the future. As the past has taught us, counting on FAs as the staple to building a team is a fools errand.

Had Steve Kerr listened to Phil Jackson he wouldn't have a ring and would be in discussions about being fired.

Melo should have signed a two year deal or went to Chicago... Instead he got 124 million not going to feel bad for him...he took the cash in lieu of a chance to compete year in and year out with the bulls in the playoffs.

A draft pick who takes years to develop and one free agent aren't going to put the Knicks over the hump.

Melo's value to the Knicks is ticket sales. They gave him a big contract to ensure gate receipts. Beyond that, I don't think they feel any obligation to him.

IMO Melo is way over reacting. The only immediate game changers in the draft were the 3 guys who were already off the board when the Knicks picked fourth. Nobody after that is a first year impact player. Who did Melo want? Winslow? He plays the same position. Unless the NYK got Towns or Okafor or maybe Russell, it was always going to be up to signing a few free agents to remake the team. That can still happen. With a couple of nice signings the Knicks can contend for a #7-8 playoff spot in the East. If that doesn't happen then he has more of a case for feeling let down. Right now Melo needs to pipe down because he just looks like a spoiled a--. What he really wanted was to sign for the extra $50 million AND go to a contender... which wasn't possible. He chose what was most important to him...the money. So now get on board with the rebuild. If he tries to force his way out for a second time, he will only cement a very unfavorable legacy for himself. And i'm a HUGE Melo fan and love the guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom