Mess at Baylor continues to smell | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Mess at Baylor continues to smell

I just don't get it.
Why do you ask a football coach if you should go to the police?
If you are assaulted you go to the police. Strange. Very strange.

I just don't get it.
Why do you ask a football coach if you should go to the police?
If you are assaulted you go to the police. Strange. Very strange.
Guessing she had feelings for Lozano and was hurt and confused as to what to do.

Guessing she had feelings for Lozano and was hurt and confused as to what to do.

Or knew the coaches.

Edit: BTW, she apparently did go to police at the time of the incident.

BTW, one Baylor fan had this thought, and I think it's very plausible, particularly since this was not a one-time thing by Chafin:

She obviously started with Chafin's mom because she had been bullied and probably threatened from telling anyone. Chafin's mom pressures her not to say anything, then Lebby and staff started pressuring her not to say anything too. Imagine being pressured by the most powerful people on campus and feeling like you can't say anything to anyone. And then you go to your own coach (Acrobatics and Tumbling), the SWA and the chaplain, all of which gets you nowhere. Then she had no choice. She went to police.

That's only the ones that have been reported. As with other cases (PSU, Cosby), I wouldn't be surprised if others come forward, now that it's in the open.

There will be more, though others will keep quiet.

Grobe needs to go to a zero-tolerance policy on assaults (I'm sure that he has) and the university needs to set up a safe place for victims to report assaults. Any incidents that occur going forward where the victim is not taken seriously or there is any smell of a coverup could sink the university as a whole (not just the individuals that could've/should've known or did know).

There will be more, though others will keep quiet.

Grobe needs to go to a zero-tolerance policy on assaults (I'm sure that he has) and the university needs to set up a safe place for victims to report assaults. Any incidents that occur going forward where the victim is not taken seriously or there is any smell of a coverup could sink the university as a whole (not just the individuals that could've/should've known or did know).
I think he already has as he just dismissed two JUCO'S for violation of team rules.

Are any of the implicated players still associated the team?

I can see if allegations are still being investigated without clear indications that a player is suspended, pending outcome of the investigation. But, if it's clear that something happened in relation to these situations then the player should be removed from the program and possibly the institution altogether.

Are any of the implicated players still associated the team?

I can see if allegations are still being investigated without clear indications that a player is suspended, pending outcome of the investigation. But, if it's clear that something happened in relation to these situations then the player should be removed from the program and possibly the institution altogether.

I believe there has been a recent accusation in which the victim stated the player was still on the team.

Baylor scandal: Despite calls to bring Art Briles back in 2017, action unlikely
"A person with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the discussions, said there is indeed a faction of voices within the school’s Board of Regents still supporting Briles and urging the school to bring him back. But those voices, the person said, were few in number at this point and considered to be on the margins."

The Baylor fans are on a Penn State level of ridiculousness.

@premierlady89:
@OurDailyBears Baylor defamed Art's character and that's almost unforgivable especially from a university that purports Christian values.

The Baylor fans are on a Penn State level of ridiculousness.

@premierlady89:
@OurDailyBears Baylor defamed Art's character and that's almost unforgivable especially from a university that purports Christian values.

That is precious - unforgiveable to defame someone's character, but not unforgivable to persuade victims into keeping quiet, or questioning them to begin with.

The worst types of human beings in the world are the worst types of human beings in the world because they just don't care that they're the worst type of human beings in the world.

This entire situation, if true, is what makes this world so impossible to stomach at times. I don't even watch the news anymore.

Why are we even discussing Briles and/or Paterno on this site? It has nothing to do with Syracuse football.

We sure as hell didn't like it when the other schools were talking about Bernie Fine and Jim Boeheim. :confused:

Why are we even discussing Briles and/or Paterno on this site? It has nothing to do with Syracuse football.

We sure as hell didn't like it when the other schools were talking about Bernie Fine and Jim Boeheim. :confused:

We talk about everything going on in the college sports world, not just Syracuse sports world.

SU68 said:
Why are we even discussing Briles and/or Paterno on this site? It has nothing to do with Syracuse football. We sure as hell didn't like it when the other schools were talking about Bernie Fine and Jim Boeheim. :confused:

Since Babers cites him as a major influence, it's pretty clearly relevant.

I'm hoping it includes X's and O's but not off field discipline.

Do we have a shot at any of these guys?

Most have already signed with other schools. Four with Texas, one with OU, another looking at Houston. Safe to say, most will be staying in or close to Texas.

Most have already signed with other schools. Four with Texas, one with OU, another looking at Houston. Safe to say, most will be staying in or close to Texas.

The take-away here is that these kids are wanted elsewhere by top teams. The system works and this is the caliber of recruit Babers will soon be bringing to a Dome near us.