Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judah getting no love for AA consideration so far despite 19.8/3.2/3.7/2.2. I guess he will need some big games vs the UNC's and the Duke's and we will need to find a way to shut down the RJ Davis's, the Armando Bacot's and the Kyle Filipkowski's.

It’s because he’s putting up numbers on a mediocre team. If we won more notable games (esp. Tenn when they played poorly), then he would get more national attention. Our best win is neutral Oregon with half their team missing.

I didn’t say that at all. I said it was his best case comp. I’m trying to find dudes comparable to him that actually had success in the league. I’m not trying to compare him to some other random second rounder that had a cup of coffee in the league.

I’ve watched the NBA for 30+ years (and probably watch it more than college at this point). You don’t have to tell me how difficult it is to stick in the league. I have zero delusions of grandeur that Judah is a top 10 pick. I’m merely looking at a successful guy in the league with similar measurables and characteristics to Judah who played a fairly similar style to Judah in his one year in college. It’s not as outrageous as your outright dismissal makes it to be.
He’s a poor man’s Norman Powell.

It’s because he’s putting up numbers on a mediocre team. If we won more notable games (esp. Tenn when they played poorly), then he would get more national attention. Our best win is neutral Oregon with half their team missing.
Disagree
His AST/TO ratio is awful. He had 5 TO's to 4 assists vs. Gonzaga, and 4 TO to 2 assists vs. Tennessee. Not to mention 6 TO's vs. Oregon. These are not good - much less AA - numbers.

Then, he's getting 35% of his points from free throws (some games, a lot more).
He can't reliably shoot threes.

How does this compare to others? How will he play the rest of the ACC schedule?

Disagree
His AST/TO ratio is awful. He had 5 TO's to 4 assists vs. Gonzaga, and 4 TO to 2 assists vs. Tennessee. Not to mention 6 TO's vs. Oregon. These are not good - much less AA - numbers.

Then, he's getting 35% of his points from free throws (some games, a lot more).
He can't reliably shoot threes.

How does this compare to others? How will he play the rest of the ACC schedule?
To be in the eyes of the national media, you need to get Q1 wins. No one is really talking about how well Jesse Edwards is doing in the national media because WVU has been really bad.

To be in the eyes of the national media, you need to get Q1 wins. No one is really talking about how well Jesse Edwards is doing in the national media because WVU has been really bad.
Are we still talking about draft stock or team wins?
Does a player need to be on a top-20 team to get drafted first? Or 30th?
Because 2024 and 2025 first round mock drafts have an increasing number of international, G-League, and “undecided” players.
Along with those on USC (currently 6-7), Rutgers (8-4), etc.

You realize that’s only 24 players?

Givony’s top 25 prospects that came out 12/5 has seven point guards/combo guards in that group of 25.

Not counting pure SGs.

Judah has work to do.

This is one of the least-valued drafts ever. Judah has half a season to make a leap. The opening is there. But he has to take advantage.

Put 2 NBA Allstars on any college team they will probably be undefeated.
Put Lebron and MJ on the local high school team and they’re probably winning a championship

Judah will get drafted and will play in the nba. His ability to get to the rim will be nice in the hands off NBA. The jumpshot will improve and be fine. All fixable
Without knowing the specifics……I wonder what exactly was the feedback he got during the combine? Assuming it was his outside/3 point shooting needs to improve, wouldn’t you think to prove that he is capable threat out there, he would actually shoot more outside/3 point shots? He seems to be doing the exact same things as last year. Which didn’t get him drafted…….

Without knowing the specifics……I wonder what exactly was the feedback he got during the combine? Assuming it was his outside/3 point shooting needs to improve, wouldn’t you think to prove that he is capable threat out there, he would actually shoot more outside/3 point shots? He seems to be doing the exact same things as last year. Which didn’t get him drafted…….
I give him credit for playing within himself then as opposed to chucking up 3s he can’t make. We’ve seen that show before.

Judah will get drafted and will play in the nba. His ability to get to the rim will be nice in the hands off NBA. The jumpshot will improve and be fine. All fixable

You think the defense will be easier to dissect in the nba because it’s “hands off”?

That’s a take, for sure.

He is good. He can get drafted. But you’re talking about him like he has elite athleticism or speed. And he does not.

Jeff Teague. Second-level decision-making. That’s how he sticks. That’s how he makes it in the league.

I agree his shot will come along.

The NBA is stacked. Y’all are talking about him like he’s going to be a top three offensive weapon on an nba team. I don’t see it.

He’s not ready. Unless he wants to get drafted in the mid second round than fade away into oblivion.

man Judahs game is really hard to pin down in a way

he does so much to win...plays hard...is exciting to watch...at times explosive..hes a fun player to have on your team!

sometimes he just takes over a game

but then again there are the lulls and flaws...

sometimes I watch him and Im surprised at some mistakes he makes. Like in the Pitt game...he got beat a lot on defense from gambling and their guards were scoring well. same with beekman...if judah couldve matched reece the orange wins that game. and the tenn game he was a non-factor.

perhaps he is counted on too much at times and needs a rest in games...idk

i beleive in him...but the NBA is really really hard to make.

to be that 1st round talent he has to dominate vs the top 25 teams ... lets see how this week goes ...big next 10 days for this team.

for me, Judah, still has one more step to make: do it big time vs the top dogs...

You think the defense will be easier to dissect in the nba because it’s “hands off”?

That’s a take, for sure.

He is good. He can get drafted. But you’re talking about him like he has elite athleticism or speed. And he does not.

Jeff Teague. Second-level decision-making. That’s how he sticks. That’s how he makes it in the league.

I agree his shot will come along.

The NBA is stacked. Y’all are talking about him like he’s going to be a top three offensive weapon on an nba team. I don’t see it.
Where did I say anything about elite athleiticism speed or top 3 offensive weapon? You read a lot into posts lol. He will get to the nba.

PS he is pretty athletic…maybe not elite like Cuffe getting up but pretty dang good.

man Judahs game is really hard to pin down in a way

he does so much to win...plays hard...is exciting to watch...at times explosive..hes a fun player to have on your team!

sometimes he just takes over a game

but then again there are the lulls and flaws...

sometimes I watch him and Im surprised at some mistakes he makes. Like in the Pitt game...he got beat a lot on defense from gambling and their guards were scoring well. same with beekman...if judah couldve matched reece the orange wins that game. and the tenn game he was a non-factor.

perhaps he is counted on too much at times and needs a rest in games...idk

i beleive in him...but the NBA is really really hard to make.

to be that 1st round talent he has to dominate vs the top 25 teams ... lets see how this week goes ...big next 10 days for this team.

for me, Judah, still has one more step to make: do it big time vs the top dogs...
His defense at times is very good and at times is awful. So hard to understand and half the time he lets the offensive player get him on their hip for some unknown reason

His defense at times is very good and at times is awful. So hard to understand and half the time he lets the offensive player get him on their hip for some unknown reason
On PnR defense, if he can't fight through the pick, he ends up just chasing his man around the pick, essentially taking himself out of the play. Every time. Aren't you supposed to switch and roll to the basket to try to get in the pick man's way?

He's not the only one on SU who does this but it seems to happen to him every time.

On PnR defense, if he can't fight through the pick, he ends up just chasing his man around the pick, essentially taking himself out of the play. Every time. Aren't you supposed to switch and roll to the basket to try to get in the pick man's way?

He's not the only one on SU who does this but it seems to happen to him every time.
No, you are correct. We switch all pics, but for some reason he does not at the beginning of the year JJ was not switching either and getting caught in the same position, but he seems to have figured it out. There still are a few plays though where Judah gets caught on the back hip, even without the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom