Mock NBA Draft by Chris Mannix CNNSI has Ennis projected to go to | Syracusefan.com

Mock NBA Draft by Chris Mannix CNNSI has Ennis projected to go to

Those would be solid situations for those guys.
OKC has a lot of depth at the forward spots - that might be a guaranteed D League assignment . . . which is not necessarily a bad thing for Jerami, if my assessment is in the ballpark

OKC has a lot of depth at the forward spots - that might be a guaranteed D League assignment . . . which is not necessarily a bad thing for Jerami, if my assessment is in the ballpark

So instead of coming back to school for another year, being the go to guy, playing in the best conference in the country, he is going to play in the d league.

Briancuse said:
So instead of coming back to school for another year, being the go to guy, playing in the best conference in the country, he is going to play in the d league.

And his jumper doesn't develop or his body doesn't bulk up and he's in the second round. Never mind injury.

And his jumper doesn't develop or his body doesn't bulk up and he's in the second round. Never mind injury.

With his athletic ability there is no way he would fall to the 2nd round, much less in a weaker draft. He would have to forget how to play the game next year for that to happen.

I can honestly say I'm shocked that Ennis is that high up on the board.

Assuming the 76ers have 2 picks before 12 they're not going to draft him. Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Randle are absolute locks ahead of him. Two point guards Exum and Smart are going ahead of him.

Take out one of the 76ers picks for one of the big 4, add Exum and Smart that's 5 players ahead of him, add in the 76ers second pick and that's 6 spots. Are you telling me that there are only 6 more players in this draft better than or have more potential than Tyler? Not to mention, who knows if the next 6 teams even need a point guard.

I think Tyler is a great college guard, I just don't think is a guy I see as a great NBA player. If he is a top 15 pick, yeah, I think he should go and hold no ill will towards him, but I can honestly see a big drop for him past 15 and maybe into the low 20s.

Briancuse said:
With his athletic ability there is no way he would fall to the 2nd round, much less in a weaker draft. He would have to forget how to play the game next year for that to happen.

Lack of improvement after another whole year in an important aspect of the game is huge. If he's projected in the 20s now and doesn't improve his jumper after a whole year, why is it crazy he drops? Is this draft really that impressive after the first top 6 players? No disrespect to Ennis but he isn't MCW and they're projected to go in about the same spot, and I think most people agree that MCW coming out last year was a lot less shocking than Ennis, and for good reason.

My thought was more that OKC seems to do a pretty good job of developing young players.

I don't know. Some people think guys going to the D-league is a terrible thing. I'm not so sure, especially if you're a D-league player cashing an NBA paycheck.

yeah, for a couple million dollars

I know you'd rather keep him a slave for your personal viewing pleasure, Commodus

Give me a break, ya he is breaking his back for us. I would hate to get a free ride to school,play in front of 30,000 fans, play in the acc, and have fans drool over you, that is a tough life.

jerami grant was an all ACC honorable mention. you really think he reached his college ceiling ? and just being projected in the 20's ? also factor in that the family doesn't at all figure to be cash strapped. dumb move imo. best of luck jerami.

One nice thing about not being a top 5 player in the draft, you might get lucky and be a nice piece of the puzzle for a talented team.

can anybody here name the last 3 nba D league champions ? or can anybody here even name 3 nba D league teams?
there is a certain value to be placed on playing on the national stage .

Last edited:
Give me a break, ya he is breaking his back for us. I would hate to get a free ride to school,play in front of 30,000 fans, play in the acc, and have fans drool over you, that is a tough life.
1) The ACC scuks, it was terrible last year and looks to be worse next year
2) No player will turn down millions of dollars to play a handful of games in front of "30,000 fans"...seriously. That is foolish
3) Fans drool over NBA players as well. Especially really rich ones like a 1st round draft pick with a guaranteed contract

Briancuse said:

First contract will give you enough money to set aside to go to any college when your career is over, if you chose to go. 30k fans, ok, have you been to a NBA playoff game? There is a lot of energy, to be honest, probably more than the dome. Fans drool over you? After each NBA game there are probably 30 women waiting on you and you get your choice of them, probably more than one if you choose all while collecting more money than any of us will will ever see through contracts and endorsements. Can't wonder why guys would want to go to the NBA.

I'll never understand why so many in this town are so anti NBA and think it's so awful, the guys that come here to play and it's the same at other top flight schools, they WANT to play in the NBA, we're a stepping stone for their goals and they want to get to their goal as soon as possible. Is it really that crazy of thinking?

First contract will give you enough money to set aside to go to any college when your career is over, if you chose to go. 30k fans, ok, have you been to a NBA playoff game? There is a lot of energy, to be honest, probably more than the dome. Fans drool over you? After each NBA game there are probably 30 women waiting on you and you get your choice of them, probably more than one if you choose all while collecting more money than any of us will will ever see through contracts and endorsements. Can't wonder why guys would want to go to the NBA.

I'll never understand why so many in this town are so anti NBA and think it's so awful, the guys that come here to play and it's the same at other top flight schools, they WANT to play in the NBA, we're a stepping stone for their goals and they want to get to their goal as soon as possible. Is it really that crazy of thinking?
I unlike others have no problem with Grant or Ennis leaving. Would be foolish not to if their projections are correct. But I will tell you why I can't stand the NBA. The game is stale. The intensity isn't there. Sure the fans are better in the playoffs... In the last two minutes. Still no comparison to college atmospheres (Except for OKC). I used to like the NBA but lost interest around the late 90s. If you want to watch exciting pro playoffs watch hockey. More intense from the players and fans perspective.

You've dug a trench so deep on this I'm wondering if you've hit China yet.

Look, I don't think big time college athletics is for you. You clearly despise the players and think they're greedy, ungrateful people. Why do you want to support something you're convinced is so broken?

Last year I seriously doubted that MCW was ready for the NBA, and I was obviously wrong. One has to assume the NBA scouts are better judges of talent than we are.
As for Grant, there were previous posts about extenuating family financial matters which may have driven his decision. If so, I sympathize with him and admire that he was willing to place family above his own wishes. I wonder how much his brother Jerian's changing fortunes influenced Jerami's hand. Jerian was averaging 19 points and 6.2 assists and was a pre-season all-ACC pick, was on track to graduate in May and very likely would have foregone his final year of eligibility to enter this year's draft.

I don't know if some of the detractors are just misinformed, naïve, or just plain stupid.
Given the same choice, most EVERY athlete...in ANY sport, would choose the money and their lifelong dream over "30,000 fans and "excitement".
Just idiotic logic, IMHO. :crazy:

logic being even more money and the dream is there next year. meanwhile you suffer thru the coddled existence of college.

Last edited:
I unlike others have no problem with Grant or Ennis leaving. Would be foolish not to if their projections are correct. But I will tell you why I can't stand the NBA. The game is stale. The intensity isn't there. Sure the fans are better in the playoffs... In the last two minutes. Still no comparison to college atmospheres (Except for OKC). I used to like the NBA but lost interest around the late 90s. If you want to watch exciting pro playoffs watch hockey. More intense from the players and fans perspective.

If you stopped watching the NBA 15 years ago, then you don't realize that it's much better now than that era.

Lamb spent a year in the D League and he's doing fine as a key part of OKC's rotation this year.

1) The ACC scuks, it was terrible last year and looks to be worse next year
2) No player will turn down millions of dollars to play a handful of games in front of "30,000 fans"...seriously. That is foolish
3) Fans drool over NBA players as well. Especially really rich ones like a 1st round draft pick with a guaranteed contract

1. That couldn't be farther from the the truth, it was a down year last year, next year is going to be really good. Lville is coming, duke and unc have loaded classes coming in.
2. If he is taken in the 20's he isn't going be getting millions of dollars.
3. If he is playing in the d league, no one will care.

You've dug a trench so deep on this I'm wondering if you've hit China yet.

Look, I don't think big time college athletics is for you. You clearly despise the players and think they're greedy, ungrateful people. Why do you want to support something you're convinced is so broken?

I don't despise anyone, I am questioning whether someone is ready to make the jump to the next level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom