Mt Rushmore of all time great sports photos | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mt Rushmore of all time great sports photos

1588606637106.jpeg

The greatest sports photographer ever is Walter Iooss. He’s shot for SI for over 50 years. Shot every Super Bowl, SI Swimsuit covers (he shot the Cheryl Tiegs one mentioned above), Jordan (Rare Air book), Tiger Woods, and some of the most iconic photos in sport history, including Yogi Berra, and The Catch (Dwight Clark) and Joe Namath photos in this thread. My brother and I worked with Walter on the Got Milk Super Bowl ad campain with Kurt Warner and Steve McNair, Chris Porter (Auburn hoops) cover for SI, Jordan for the 62,000 game here at the Georgia Dome and Davis Love down in Sea Island. He told us some great stories on his photo shoots with Shaq, Randy Moss, Barry Bonds, Iverson, Kobe, and Kevin Garnett. Here’s a link to his story on the iconic Jordan dunk.

Attachments

• B6EB5C35-8095-42CB-A083-91F199337DBC.jpeg
    B6EB5C35-8095-42CB-A083-91F199337DBC.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 69DC3FE5-37BB-4233-9FE5-CBB3DEBC4E22.jpeg
    69DC3FE5-37BB-4233-9FE5-CBB3DEBC4E22.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 80
  • 696BC899-0C32-40E8-9D4F-3E1FD631BF1E.jpeg
    696BC899-0C32-40E8-9D4F-3E1FD631BF1E.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
My life would be complete if I had access to all of the photos used in Ken Burns’ “Baseball” documentary... pictures of those old farm sandlots that all the townpeople played on, the first American professional ball fields - the ones where the fans could be found packed along the INSIDE of the outfield fence! Nostalgia overload. Would love to have some hung about my house.

They are so hard to find online it seems... here is one that I could find easily that leaves me in awe.

53491822-5E01-448E-826D-7AE7DEAB2B7E.jpeg

My life would be complete if I had access to all of the photos used in Ken Burns’ “Baseball” documentary... pictures of those old farm sandlots that all the townpeople played on, the first American professional ball fields - the ones where the fans could be found packed along the INSIDE of the outfield fence! Nostalgia overload. Would love to have some hung about my house.

They are so hard to find online it seems... here is one that I could find easily that leaves me in awe.

View attachment 180782
This is a picture of the scene just before the first World Series game in 1903.

image-placeholder-title.jpg
\

The hero of that World Series incidentally, was Bill Dinneen, a pitcher for Boston who was from Syracuse.

Last edited:
This is a picture of the scene just before the first World Series game in 1903.

image-placeholder-title.jpg
\

The hero of that World Series incidentally, was Bill Dinneen, a pitcher for Boston who was from Syracuse.
Thanks for the Syracuse nugget.

The access those folks (on the field) had! Front seat to the beginnings of American sports history. This is where I would start if I were ever a time traveler.

Thanks for the Syracuse nugget.

The access those folks (on the field) had! Front seat to the beginnings of American sports history. This is where I would start if I were ever a time traveler.
Boston’s ace pitcher was a guy named Cy Young. Pittsburgh’s best player was a shortstop named Honus Wagner, Yes, that would be a good series to check out from a time machine.

That first picture was of the Boston ballpark. Here is what Exposition Park, where the Pirates played, looked like:

Exposition_Park_Pittsburgh_1903.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom