Mularkey's back, there's hope for Marrone yet! ** | Syracusefan.com

Mularkey's back, there's hope for Marrone yet! **

Marrone could be next HC at Tennessee
he'll carry on whisenhunt's punting traditions

would be great if they fired a guy for being a stupid punter, replaced him with a bills quitter, and replaced him with a bills quitter who is just as stupid about punting

i wouldn't put anything past any NFL team though

Has anyone ever seen Mike Mularkey and Kevin Costner in the same room at the same time?

The Tennessee job was always the one that Marrone was targeting after he got squeezed by the Jets last year. I would say he will have a great shot at that one unless the Titans shoot higher. If they shoot safe Marrone is prob the guy.

The Tennessee job was always the one that Marrone was targeting after he got squeezed by the Jets last year. I would say he will have a great shot at that one unless the Titans shoot higher. If they shoot safe Marrone is prob the guy.

He's in a really good position to scout the division. Can't say the guy doesn't do well at turnarounds.

He's in a really good position to . . . . . the division. Can't say the guy doesn't do well at turnarounds.
that's disgusting. this sounds like chip's saturday

Millhouse said:
quitting bills coach gets another shot (his second go around as interim)

Ahh, hadn't seen that Tennessee fired Whisenhunt.

Nothing says safe like hiring a guy who quit both of his head coaching positions.

Nothing says safe like hiring a guy who quit both of his head coaching positions.

So the definition of every coach that leaves for another job is a quitter?

Got it.

As for Buffalo, he had a specific condition in his contract that gave him an out in case of ownership. He asked for some actions and assurances he didn't get them so he exercised that right. He didn't just decide to leave for no reason.

He walked away from an owner who believed Rex Ryan was an upgrade. To me , it sounds like a smart move by Doug, especially considering the 4 million of said owners dollars that he took with him.

So the definition of every coach that leaves for another job is a quitter?

Got it.

As for Buffalo, he had a specific condition in his contract that gave him an out in case of ownership. He asked for some actions and assurances he didn't get them so he exercised that right. He didn't just decide to leave for no reason.
let me be clear...

marrone QUIT.

So, that will be four head coaches at Tenn in three years?

Would going to that kind of dysfunctional franchise be a good career move for Doug?

Would going to that kind of dysfunctional franchise be a good career move for Doug?
whisenhunt was terrible. he gave the bills a win this year with really foolish punts.

munchak was like shafer, long time assistant who never would've been a head coach anywhere else, gets his shot with a short leash, replacing a guy who quit, got let go

lesson: don't the job to someone internal who isn't really a good head coach candidate (shafer/munchak) and don't give the job to a dumb meathead who loves to punt (whisenhunt). let's not be like the titans

It is if his wife wants to move home.

They also have a QB who looks like he could be good, but someone else picked, so he isn't tied to him.

And it's a weak division.

It is if his wife wants to move home.

They also have a QB who looks like he could be good, but someone else picked, so he isn't tied to him.

And it's a weak division.
that recent espn magazine article got me wondering how much she calls the shots

marrone would jump at the chance to coach mariota, he's not gonna turn down any head coaching job again

Helen is from Tennessee. He will surely be going hard after this job, plus they have $26.2 mil in cap room to spend. Young pieces already in place and in an awful division makes it that much more attractive.

Don't be surprised to see him there soon.

let me be clear...

marrone QUIT.

He tried to use what leverage he had, the $4M parachute clause, to improve his situation there. He also thought he had chance at some other openings. Worse case he gets a paid vacation for a year.

Buffalo didn't want to deal, probably didn't think he was serious, and he exercised his rights.

He was just doing business, he didn't want his fate tied to EJ, the whims of Doug Whaley, and some potential "football czar".

A lot more to it than he just quit.

He tried to use what leverage he had, the $4M parachute clause, to improve his situation there. He also thought he had chance at some other openings. Worse case he gets a paid vacation for a year.

Buffalo didn't want to deal, probably didn't think he was serious, and he exercised his rights.

He was just doing business, he didn't want his fate tied to EJ, the whims of Doug Whaley, and some potential "football czar".

A lot more to it than he just quit.
you just gave a bunch of reasons why he'd exercise his right to quit

GoSU96 said:
He tried to use what leverage he had, the $4M parachute clause, to improve his situation there. He also thought he had chance at some other openings. Worse case he gets a paid vacation for a year. Buffalo didn't want to deal, probably didn't think he was serious, and he exercised his rights. He was just doing business, he didn't want his fate tied to EJ, the whims of Doug Whaley, and some potential "football czar". A lot more to it than he just quit.

Agreed.

If he ends up at Tenn this year, he won. $4 mill to not get fired, name tarnished a touch - but back coaching that soon?

He walked away from an owner who believed Rex Ryan was an upgrade. To me , it sounds like a smart move by Doug, especially considering the 4 million of said owners dollars that he took with him.
The offense under Rex Ryan is already better than it ever was under supposed offensive-minded Marrone.

And I have yet to see any mind-blowing game management goofs from Ryan that Marrone was known for.

He walked away from an owner who was willing to spend as much as possible to put a winning product on the field. Smart move, Dougie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom