My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

TheCusian said:
Hilarious. How about if fans don't like them they don't have to wear.. them... Hmmm.

Since 90% of the fans in the Dome wore orange, I'd say the fans did a better job of repping the school name and colors.

Since 90% of the fans in the Dome wore orange, I'd say the fans did a better job of repping the school name and colors.

I agree Bees, Just give them the DAMN Orange pants and be done with it. What!!!!!!!

Respect the past rep the future, pretty cut and dry really. WIN-WIN

Yes, orange pants would look better. The uniforms look like nothing special on TV, because it's not the Syracuse "Blue" / "Gray" (or whatever pewter/platinum/silver they call it) / "White", it's the ORANGE.

As far as the game goes ...

The edge DE is really quick, but whomever it is has to stop blowing past the QB and giving him a running lane, or a way to buy extra time to look downfield.

The defense didn't do that bad, save for the 3rd down conversion percentage, but that punt return TD sure looks big when the offense cannot accomplish anything.

I'm not certain I'm for pushing the tempo, because I don't know if SU has the players who can pull it off. Should they fail at it, and time of possession stats that look like
14:40-4:03 or 37:48-22:12 become common, I don't think they'll be looking at 7 or 8 wins. They are not a team that can afford to blow through a 3-and-out in 1:12. Not with the offense not working, not with an unsettled DL situation.

Offensively, I just thought they were boring. Pace is good; if you do something. When Hunt was in, they didn't do much. Short passes, swings, no QB draws. 35 pass attempts for 185 yards. When Wilson came in, it didn't even look like they changed the gameplan to account for a less mobile QB, a QB less ready, and a QB who can throw better. Slow the game down, as neither guy is truly experienced, make sure everyone is ready for the play, and make it effective. The pace worked great with Nassib as a senior, not a redshirt freshman or junior. The OL being a mess didn't help, especially on those plays with Moore in the redzone. Thanks for the blocking guys, you want a red cape to wave at the DL as they run past you next time?

Kev

Sent a picture of the jerseys to a couple buddies of mine who go to other schools. All of them loved the jerseys as do seemingly the players. They're here to stay.

I am anxious to see how the whites look vs. CMU.

I've been hating on the unis since they were unveiled, but they looked a lot better on TV (or iPad if you will) than I thought they would. Jury is out on the whites until I see them on TV.

Great Recap!

I noticed Miller getting pushed around as well. Anyone think that when Palmer and Robinson come back that they go back to Trudo at C? I knew they abandoned it in spring, but he has to be better and Palmer and Robinson are both beasts in the run game. Seems like the goal should be the best 5 guys and with Trudo at center it allows that.

Pat Kelly said:
Sent a picture of the jerseys to a couple buddies of mine who go to other schools. All of them loved the jerseys as do seemingly the players. They're here to stay. I am anxious to see how the whites look vs. CMU.

Not 1 person in my section liked them at all. Not the numbers which were hard to see not the blue blue. Change the pants to orange as IB said and outline the numbers with white.

Last edited:
Just give me some freakin orange anywhere but trim! Shirts or pants I don't care but one or the other. And those Coppertone helmets are crap also. Metallic orange fine, but not a sun tan lotion. Nike designers have stolen our heritage for Pete's sake. Who is running the show on the hill anyway?

Just give me some freakin orange anywhere but trim! Shirts or pants I don't care but one or the other. And those Coppertone helmets are crap also. Metallic orange fine, but not a sun tan lotion. Nike designers have stolen our heritage for Pete's sake. Who is running the show on the hill anyway?
God I love Orange trim...

(Sorry)

Not 1 person in my section liked them at all. Not the numbers which were hard to see not the blue blue. Change the pants to orange as IB said and outline the numbers with white.

how many are under 40 in your section? just curious...

I wouldn't say he was "featured".

He was featured a lot more than he should have been. 2nd most carries on the team at 10, one behind PTG. Averaged 1.9 ypc, and that was boosted by his one 13 yard run in OT. Other than that one, 9 carries, 6 yards. Understand the o-line sucked, but McFarlane got one carry and this guy got 10? For an offense that wants to be uptempo? Doesn't make any sense.

SUFan44 said:
how many are under 40 in your section? just curious...

No idea. Want me to ask? The all blues are horrible. I'm not alone in that opinion.

SUFan44 said:
He was featured a lot more than he should have been. 2nd most carries on the team at 10, one behind PTG. Averaged 1.9 ypc, and that was boosted by his one 13 yard run in OT. Other than that one, 9 carries, 6 yards. Understand the o-line sucked, but McFarlane got one carry and this guy got 10? For an offense that wants to be uptempo? Doesn't make any sense.

Many of his carries were in the goal line offense. The OL was the problem and the PS broke down every play and who was at fault. He's getting the ball in those situations. Should we have tried something else down there? I think so. But that's not featuring a player.

rrlbees said:

Meh. Was talking about the actual uni's. Don't think 90% of the fans were wearing the uni? Point is: why complain and tell them to wear orange and like it or quit (Kaisers take) when you don't have to wear the thing?

If you're a fan and want to wear orange, do it.

If you're a player and you're afforded the choice to decide what uni combo you want to wear - do it, play hard, and rep the school with pride (all without worrying for one second what some old guy thinks).

TheCusian said:
Meh. Was talking about the actual uni's. Don't think 90% of the fans were wearing the uni? Point is: why complain and tell them to wear orange and like it or quit (Kaisers take) when you don't have to wear the thing? If you're a fan and want to wear orange, do it. If you're a player and you're afforded the choice to decide what uni combo you want to wear - do it, play hard, and rep the school with pride (all without worrying for one second what some old guy thinks).

You think the players were given the option to wear orange pants?

rrlbees said:
You think the players were given the option to wear orange pants?

Nope. But then Kaisers beef is with he athletic dept and Nike, not the players.

My take is always this:

Players wear the uni's. While I care what my favorite teams uni's look like - I'll gladly defer to the kids who actually have to wear them. Uni's are not designed to appeal to older fans.

I'll worry about what I'm going to wear to the game and that's it. I don't get confused about who's who because the giant S and I'm a fan and internet.

And I will not berate a player for liking something different than me when I'm 15 years older with different expectations and history with Syracuse Football.

I actually like the uniforms. Even if they did have more orange I have a feeling most people still wouldn't like them.

Many of his carries were in the goal line offense. The OL was the problem and the PS broke down every play and who was at fault. He's getting the ball in those situations. Should we have tried something else down there? I think so. But that's not featuring a player.
Didn't mean "featuring" in the strict sense of the only back carrying the rock. He should be the number four in this style of offense. He's big, slow, seems easy to go down, and he blocks no better than Morris or MacFarlane. "Feature" to me, at this day and age with a RB, means he is one of the top two. AAM has no business carrying the ball with three stud RBs on the roster.

Xanadu said:
Didn't mean "featuring" in the strict sense of the only back carrying the rock. He should be the number four in this style of offense. He's big, slow, seems easy to go down, and he blocks no better than Morris or MacFarlane. "Feature" to me, at this day and age with a RB, means he is one of the top two. AAM has no business carrying the ball with three stud RBs on the roster.

I don't think we have a top 2. I think we have a top 1 maybe then the situation dictates the rest. I also think the coaches have assessed that AAM gives us more than what people think. He can't be fat, slow, unable to block and goes down easy. I give the coaches more credit than that when they named him #2.

Uniforms (or costumes in our case) are just for the players - who the hell wrote that rule? Our uniforms are a large part of our brand and our brand is ORANGE. Now, when I see orange, I think of Clempson. When I stop writing checks, going to games and watching on TV, then I will have to defer to the players - until then, fans are at least as important as players with respect to this issue.

Beside, I am pretty sure that not one player decided to come to SU because of these uniforms. USC and PSU don't even have names on their uniforms and they don't seem to have their kids clamoring for Nike's crap.

Is it not possible to have new uniforms that feature orange and are still new and "modern"? Can we not have a metallic orange helmet rather than Coppertone?

We have let some designer at Nike run wild. Fortunately, sooner of later, Nike will run out of ways to avoid orange as they sell us new crap each year. I will outwit the bastards!

Crusty said:
Uniforms (or costumes in our case) are just for the players - who the hell wrote that rule? Our uniforms are a large part of our brand and our brand is ORANGE. Now, when I see orange, I think of Clempson. When I stop writing checks, going to games and watching on TV, then I will have to defer to the players - until then, fans are at least as important as players with respect to this issue. Beside, I am pretty sure that not one player decided to come to SU because of these uniforms. USC and PSU don't even have names on their uniforms and they don't seem to have their kids clamoring for Nike's crap. Is it not possible to have new uniforms that feature orange and are still new and "modern"? Can we not have a metallic orange helmet rather than Coppertone? We have let some designer at Nike run wild. Fortunately, sooner of later, Nike will run out of ways to avoid orange as they sell us new crap each year. I will outwit the bastards!

Sigh. So you feel you have more right to what they wear based on spending your money? Recruits have said they love the new uni - while not the sole reason anyone should choose a college - it does make a difference. Actual HS coaches and recruits parents have said as much.

Orange uni is coming. Probably this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom