My Take | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

I know we have had some comments about kids liking the uniforms.. but thats taken in a vacuum.. are kids really going to say they suck even if they think so? and i dont see any comments about other teams uniforms sucking as well and they cant all be great. I really dont think the recruiting class is changing all that much whether kids like or dislike the uniforms, but the fans perceptions sure does change. Did anyone post a picture to the recruits about the classic McNabb era uniforms , maybe they like those too?

I know we have had some comments about kids liking the uniforms.. but thats taken in a vacuum.. are kids really going to say they suck even if they think so? and i dont see any comments about other teams uniforms sucking as well and they cant all be great. I really dont think the recruiting class is changing all that much whether kids like or dislike the uniforms, but the fans perceptions sure does change. Did anyone post a picture to the recruits about the classic McNabb era uniforms , maybe they like those too?

They wondered if they were from the 70's.

TheCusian said:
Sigh. So you feel you have more right to what they wear based on spending your money? Recruits have said they love the new uni - while not the sole reason anyone should choose a college - it does make a difference. Actual HS coaches and recruits parents have said as much. Orange uni is coming. Probably this year.

That's a tired argument. Not one recruit nor their parents have ever been given a choice of these or those.

Sent a picture of the jerseys to a couple buddies of mine who go to other schools. All of them loved the jerseys as do seemingly the players. They're here to stay.

I am anxious to see how the whites look vs. CMU.
Well - if your buddies at other schools love them, that's good enough for me! :rolleyes:

Didn't mean "featuring" in the strict sense of the only back carrying the rock. He should be the number four in this style of offense. He's big, slow, seems easy to go down, and he blocks no better than Morris or MacFarlane. "Feature" to me, at this day and age with a RB, means he is one of the top two. AAM has no business carrying the ball with three stud RBs on the roster.
Good God man, get off his nuts already! You do realize he had 4 freakin carries through 4 quarters right? He got a TD, a 7 yd run, a 2yd and -2. On a night where everyone was getting blown off the ball and no one outside of Gulley did a dam thing from the position. This coming to conclusions about players and coaches after 1 dam game is ignorant at best. The night sucked, we all get it already!

If his position coaches and the oc, had him jump from #4 on the depth chart up to #2 only because he's bigger than two good young rb's, they should not be coaching college ball at all. And after watching all the film from spring and fall, Shafer signed off on that? Gimme a break...

People need to back up and go watch the opening NFL weekend and re-group for CMU. This has gotten ridiculous

That's a tired argument. Not one recruit nor their parents have ever been given a choice of these or those.

Last years recruits saw what our uni's had been and what they would be - and liked them. It's true that they haven't seen an all orange uni to compare either to.

And yes - this conversation is tired ;).

TheCusian said:
Last years recruits saw what our uni's had been and what they would be - and liked them. It's true that they haven't seen an all orange uni to compare either to. And yes - this conversation is tired ;).

Fwiw, I don't like all orange either. Orange helmet, blue jersey orange pants. Then as a ONE off, the all whites with orange helmet for a road game and at home use the gray jersey with the orange helmet and pants.

I really do think McFarlane's one of our most versatile offensive players.

its not Syracuse, and if the kids dont like the Syracuse Orange, then they can go to.
So, let's kick everyone off the team who prefers to wear blue?

Get off your rocking chair.

Yep.

Gone.

If they are so much the nancy boy that they need a special color to play football in, then I don't want them representing my school.

A school that embraces 1 color...Orange.

And no freaks, this is not anti-gay or pro-straight...it's anti-ridiculousness and pro-hardnosed...line up and play football.

The team's name is the Syracuse Orange. Not the Syracuse Blues. ORANGE. Not saying we need to wear all orange, but to diminish the color to just the numbers (which are hideous, BTW) is just ludicrous. Blue jerseys and orange pants are perfect. And get off my lawn.

Sigh. So you feel you have more right to what they wear based on spending your money? Recruits have said they love the new uni - while not the sole reason anyone should choose a college - it does make a difference. Actual HS coaches and recruits parents have said as much.

Orange uni is coming. Probably this year.
That is not what I said - is it? I dd not say more I said at least as important.

The team's name is the Syracuse Orange. Not the Syracuse Blues. ORANGE. Not saying we need to wear all orange, but to diminish the color to just the numbers (which are hideous, BTW) is just ludicrous. Blue jerseys and orange pants are perfect. And get off my lawn.
The problem is all Orange is just hideous. I don't disagree, I'd like to see more Orange, but the jerseys weren't as terrible as all on here are making them out to be.. I'm not as wealthy as some on this board, but I had no issue identifying players while watching the game on my 60" Samsung using Apple TV. Sounds like you all need to update your tv or internet connection.

The problem is all Orange is just hideous. I don't disagree, I'd like to see more Orange, but the jerseys weren't as terrible as all on here are making them out to be.. I'm not as wealthy as some on this board, but I had no issue identifying players while watching the game on my 60" Samsung using Apple TV. Sounds like you all need to update your tv or internet connection.
I said in my OP I'm not saying all orange. Just saying the diminishing of orange is silly.

Crusty said:
That is not what I said - is it? I dd not say more I said at least as important.

My fault. Misread your post.

I guess we disagree. I worry about what I'm wearing and root for my team. I'll let the kids be excited about the uni's...

KaiserUEO said:
Yep. Gone. If they are so much the nancy boy that they need a special color to play football in, then I don't want them representing my school. A school that embraces 1 color...Orange. And no freaks, this is not anti-gay or pro-straight...it's anti-ridiculousness and pro-hardnosed...line up and play football.
The contradictions in this post should make one embarrassed to be an SU grad (which I'm not). Players -- you know, the guys who actually hit people -- who like blue are "nancies," but those who speak about color-preference ad nauseum on an Internet message board are voices of fortitude? It's insanely easy to Google images of the '50s/'60s teams wearing all white -- so stop the bull about embracing one color (and let's not even mention the pea and green). Special color? Pro-hardnosed? Line up and play? You're on record as talking about how the color orange represents a personal sense of worth -- which I wish Shafer (who gets 18-year-old recruits; and supports the new uniforms) would respond to -- paraphrasing a line from SU's Aaron Sorkin -- "I have honest to God battles to fight -- I don't have time for the cosmetic ones."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom