Myles Farmer transferring to App State | Syracusefan.com

Myles Farmer transferring to App State

Too bad - not sure whatever happened with him. His falling out at Nebraska was probably a bad sign, but I thought he could really compete for a starting spot at Safety.

Too bad - not sure whatever happened with him. His falling out at Nebraska was probably a bad sign, but I thought he could really compete for a starting spot at Safety.

Barron staying has repercussions. Farmer was penciled in to slide into that #1 spot until Barron decided to stay.

If not now, there will be more action in the portal in May, after spring ball.

Barron staying has repercussions. Farmer was penciled in to slide into that #1 spot until Barron decided to stay.

If not now, there will be more action in the portal in May, after spring ball.
I think Barron may move into that DB/Lber Hybrid role in the 4-2-5 so I was thinking Farmer had clear line of sight on SS but maybe I was wrong.

Rivals is reporting him as a grad transfer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104-134715_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104-134715_Chrome.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 25
Where do you see Grant / Clark / Barron slotting in the 4-2-5?

I'm hearing...

Star*: Barron

Safety: Clark

Safety: Chestnut

Gould is still in the room and will compete.

IMO, Grant has to prove himself at this level. He looked good in the MAC, but this isn't the MAC.

Yes. I heard there is talk of Chestnut playing safety. Apparently, there's also talk about some position changes for returning players; WR to CB?

* The STAR position is the fifth DB and from what I've seen while watching Georgia and Texas AM play, this is a very versatile position; strong safety at times against the run, slot corner versus spread offenses. Barron's future is not as a free safety in the NFL.

While watching Georgia and Texas AM in bowl games I noticed a lot of versatility in defensive sets. Much more game situation responsiveness than what we've seen from the 3.3.5 in recent years. I saw variations that looked like a 4.3 with a big safety or small linebacker at Star against 21 or 12 offensive sets, and a three man front with 2 backers and 6 DB's (4 or 5 corners with one or two safeties) against 4 and 5 wide sets.

Remember, the best players will play.

I'm hearing...

IMO, Grant has to prove himself at this level. He looked good in the MAC, but this isn't the MAC.

Yes. I heard there is talk of Chestnut playing safety. Apparently, there's also talk about some position changes for returning players; WR to CB?

* The STAR position is the fifth DB and from what I've seen while watching Georgia and Texas AM play, this is a very versatile position; strong safety at times against the run, slot corner versus spread offenses. Barron's future is not as a free safety in the NFL.

While watching Georgia and Texas AM in bowl games I noticed a lot of versatility in defensive sets. Much more game situation responsiveness than what we've seen from the 3.3.5 in recent years. I saw variations that looked like a 4.3 with a big safety or small linebacker at Star against 21 or 12 offensive sets, and a three man front with 2 backers and 6 DB's (4 or 5 corners with one or two safeties) against 4 and 5 wide sets.

Good observation.

I'm hearing...

Thanks this is really helpful. So sounds like Chestnut leaped Farmer as a Safety then so makes sense why he’d want to be looking elsewhere.

I mean Farmer really didn’t do it for me. Seemed slow and really only made 1 play that stood out.

I mean Farmer really didn’t do it for me. Seemed slow and really only made 1 play that stood out.
He came in as a really late transfer and wouldn't surprise me if he was out of shape.

I'm hearing...

Surprised Grant would transfer here to sit the bench? I’m sure there will be an adjustment but his size/length compared to Duce seems superior. I’ve seen him projected as a future pro. That’s interesting if that’s the case. At Duce’s size and past success i was hoping he would play corner/nickel.

Last edited:
Barron needs to be that Hybrid type to play the next level.. Not fast enough to be a true DB. not big enough to be a LB but there tons of tweeners in the NFL who can fill holes and there will always be a need for that.

Surprised Clark would transfer here to sit the bench? I’m sure there will be an adjustment but his size/length compared to Duce seems superior. I’ve seen him projected as a future pro. That’s interesting if that’s the case. At Duce’s size and past success i was hoping he would play corner/nickel.

I thought Clark was in the top 2 players on our defense this season. He'll be on the field. He's a Fran kid anyways.

Grant will start. Book it. Sure he needs to prove himself but he’s going to start. He’s coming over with UB DC. They were after him hard. Duce a peanut compared to him. He’s an nfl safety. Don’t care if he transferred from morrisville

Last edited:
Grant will start. Book it. Sure he needs to prove himself but he’s going to start. He’s coming over with UB DC. They were after him hard. Duce a peanut compared to him. He’s an nfl safety. Don’t care if he transferred from morrisville

I agree I think Grant will start 100%

I'm hearing...

Chestnut moving to safety could be the best thing for him. He's a strong tackler, and look how well moving to safety has worked out for Iffy with the Lions. being able to play multiple positions in the defensive backfield will do nothing but help him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom