Class of 2015 - Mystery Commit? Who do you think it is! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Mystery Commit? Who do you think it is!

Wonder when I should announce my commitment.

So I'm just going to throw this out there. Didn't the report say coach said he had 17 commits when everyone else counted 15? That would seem to mean 2 silent commits. And didn't battle lose his offer after returning home to think about committing? And wasn't battle telling us how they wanted him for the y position? Then battle said they had 2 people they offered for the same spot and the other guy committed first? I think a couple people here are right about the guess

So I'm just going to throw this out there. Didn't the report say coach said he had 17 commits when everyone else counted 15? That would seem to mean 2 silent commits. And didn't battle lose his offer after returning home to think about committing? And wasn't battle telling us how they wanted him for the y position? Then battle said they had 2 people they offered for the same spot and the other guy committed first? I think a couple people here are right about the guess

I was thinking the same. Right now we have 18 known commits listed but eric white and co saying 20. Perhaps 1 defense and 1 offense thus multiple people are partially right in naming 1 or the other while overlooking that there are actually 2 commits that haven't yet announced.

I was thinking the same. Right now we have 18 known commits listed but eric white and co saying 20. Perhaps 1 defense and 1 offense thus multiple people are partially right in naming 1 or the other while overlooking that there are actually 2 commits that haven't yet announced.

You are forgetting Lamar Dawson will be part of the 2015 class.

The 17 commits at that time were the 15 we knew about, Dawson (who was delaying his enrollment until January), and one silent verbal.

Understood. He and Bnoro are probably the closest to Francis we have on the football side of things.

There are also several others on here not willing to share a lot of their info because of unnecessary posts attacking the accuracy of one's info. Count me in that group.

There is way more good than bad going on right now in this program.

There are also several others on here not willing to share a lot of their info because of unnecessary posts attacking the accuracy of one's info. Count me in that group.

For those not in the know or on the pay side, all we have is speculation. After the last 10+ years there is reason to be skeptical...

For those not in the know or on the pay side, all we have is speculation. After the last 10+ years there is reason to be skeptical...

So that gives enough incentive for you or others to immediately dismiss someone else's info because you're a skeptic?

I have no idea why people attack people with information. Of all the crazy stuff that happens around here (good and bad) - it remains the most perplexing.

I always, no matter the source, take the info with a grain of salt. File it away as interesting and move on. There are a few posters who seem to have real connections - I tend to have more belief in them when they post.

The other thing that kills me is when a poster who normally has good inside info posts something confirming a newspaper report and gets ripped for it - "we already knew that!" ... Why say anything?

So that gives enough incentive for you or others to immediately dismiss someone else's info because you're a skeptic?
I will start by saying that I think people who attack others with info is what has made these boards hard to read sometimes. I have posted this multiple times. I have never dismissed anyone's "info". I will also say that things like "don't worry, we're fine" and "guess what, I know something and can't share it" are nothing more than speculation to those not in the know. Maybe to those in the know this is info, but to everyone else it's not. Until we see something tangible, it doesn't happen.

And for the record, wasn't saying skeptical of the info, but skeptical of the overall results related to the team.

Last edited:

Nailed it.

I want to like this post but it also makes me a little sad. There use to be a lot more inside info until a small group of posters attacked people and demanded sources. It would be nice to hear if anyone has heard anything about how the informal workouts this summer are going.

I want to like this post but it also makes me a little sad. There use to be a lot more inside info until a small group of posters attacked people and demanded sources. It would be nice to hear if anyone has heard anything about how the informal workouts this summer are going.

I follow Brisly on Instagram and he posts a lot of videos of the guys doing hill sprints, come drills and running routes, as well as the weight room. They all look fast and in top shape.

Continuing with the trend over the last 4-5 years, there is a big focus on maximizing speed, agility and quickness. This goes especially for the defense as they continue to master the blitz schemes and packages. We brought in more speed with last year's class, so you couple that with the players already on the roster and we should see a nice uptick in our overall game speed. A few players leading the informal workouts are Hunt, Lynch and Estime.

Continuing with the trend over the last 4-5 years, there is a big focus on maximizing speed, agility and quickness. This goes especially for the defense as they continue to master the blitz schemes and packages. We brought in more speed with last year's class, so you couple that with the players already on the roster and we should see a nice uptick in our overall game speed. A few players leading the informal workouts are Hunt, Lynch and Estime.

Cool to see that Estime is becoming a team leader.

I have no idea why people attack people with information. Of all the crazy stuff that happens around here (good and bad) - it remains the most perplexing.

I always, no matter the source, take the info with a grain of salt. File it away as interesting and move on. There are a few posters who seem to have real connections - I tend to have more belief in them when they post.

I got hammered last year during the whole Ish Witter debacle. Still to this day I will tell you I was only posting what was being told to me. The staff was extremely confident they were going to get him because that was what the kid was telling them the whole time. Witter knew how to play the game, I wouldn't be surprised if he was telling all 3 schools that he was going to that school. All I could do was trust the information given to me, and look what happened. It ended up blowing up in my face, and you get blasted for it. Recruiting is tough because information changes very quickly. Either way that taught me to be very selective with what I will share, and that PM is your friend. Mainly it discourages people who have information from sharing.

I can only say that I enjoy it all - the real inside story, the speculation and even the harmless nonsense. So many provide great info on this board and have great insights (opinions) that enrich Orange Fandom!

Keep it coming and just ignore the turkeys.
Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom