Class of 2015 - Mystery Commit? Who do you think it is! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Mystery Commit? Who do you think it is!

I got hammered last year during the whole Ish Witter debacle. Still to this day I will tell you I was only posting what was being told to me. The staff was extremely confident they were going to get him because that was what the kid was telling them the whole time. Witter knew how to play the game, I wouldn't be surprised if he was telling all 3 schools that he was going to that school. All I could do was trust the information given to me, and look what happened. It ended up blowing up in my face, and you get blasted for it. Recruiting is tough because information changes very quickly. Either way that taught me to be very selective with what I will share, and that PM is your friend. Mainly it discourages people who have information from sharing.

Bummer that the negative comments of a few have partially ruined things for the majority of us who rely on you guys in the know for information. Count me as one of the folks that really do appreciate the information you do share.

I got hammered last year during the whole Ish Witter debacle. Still to this day I will tell you I was only posting what was being told to me. The staff was extremely confident they were going to get him because that was what the kid was telling them the whole time. Witter knew how to play the game, I wouldn't be surprised if he was telling all 3 schools that he was going to that school. All I could do was trust the information given to me, and look what happened. It ended up blowing up in my face, and you get blasted for it. Recruiting is tough because information changes very quickly. Either way that taught me to be very selective with what I will share, and that PM is your friend. Mainly it discourages people who have information from sharing.

Keep on posting bro. I got whacked myself once too many times so I have stopped posting inside stuff. The turmoil over the end of the HCPP era to HCGR to HCDM and now HCSS over the last decade has been nothing but polarizing. The drama seems to have settled down again surrounding the FB program and it's coaching staff. With the new IPF now coming online - they really have all the necessary assets to compete for quality kids. The only thing left to do for the coaching staff is win and if they lose - no more blowouts!

There are also several others on here not willing to share a lot of their info because of unnecessary posts attacking the accuracy of one's info. Count me in that group.

There is way more good than bad going on right now in this program.

Missed your post - couldn't have said it any better myself - WAY more good than bad - HCSS and his spouse are simply good people to begin with - just had the pleasure to meet them.

So much less politics now but there would have been fireworks if this IPF never got started this year (Oops I guess I just leaked some inside info :blah:).

As a longtime board member who lurks more than posts I'm in favor of insiders using the following quote/clip as a canned reply to douchey posts questioning their info or intent:

"Who is this person who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?"

I am positive. It is a defensive player
Then why the Battle scenario if we are looking for a WR/TE/Y player? Better to have said nothing or was this blown up by PS in the article on the kid?

You are forgetting Lamar Dawson will be part of the 2015 class

Not necessarily the case. January enrollees can count towards last years class. Givin our two non qualifiers I presume that will be the case for Lambo. I am pretty confident in my source as well as some others in this thread thus leading me to believe we have 2 unknown 2015 BOOMs.

Keep on posting bro. I got whacked myself once too many times so I have stopped posting inside stuff. The turmoil over the end of the HCPP era to HCGR to HCDM and now HCSS over the last decade has been nothing but polarizing. The drama seems to have settled down again surrounding the FB program and it's coaching staff. With the new IPF now coming online - they really have all the necessary assets to compete for quality kids. The only thing left to do for the coaching staff is win and if they lose - no more blowouts!

Which is a perfect time to start providing inside info again. C'mon, you know you want to.

Ano, speaking as a rather infrequent poster but looooong time lurker your info was/is always greatly appreciated, and I am not alone in that statement. Other than your many supporters here on the board there are a countless number of us who lurk but do not post and very much appreciate your insight. I just want thank you for your commitment to sharing on this board.

Any information is absolutely appreciated. Would always love know more but do what you feel is right. I think sometimes it's forgotten how fluid and fragile some of these relationships are. Many different coaches and various people involved that have their own agenda. I'm sure it's tough to believe everything that is being said on both side for interested coaches and kids.

Last edited:
I broke something incorrectly regarding basketball that came straight from the mouth of someone involved and it still gets ripped to this day. I'm actually happy the information did not come to fruition because it was not good information. But as a result, any information I have had since regarding the basketball team or a recruit (particularly basketball) silently committing beforehand, I keep to myself. My contacts for football aren't as good anymore since Marrone left.

I broke something incorrectly regarding basketball that came straight from the mouth of someone involved and it still gets ripped to this day. I'm actually happy the information did not come to fruition because it was not good information. But as a result, any information I have had since regarding the basketball team or a recruit (particularly basketball) silently committing beforehand, I keep to myself. My contacts for football aren't as good anymore since Marrone left.

Wasn't your father a former SU Football player? (If I remember correctly) I'd say that's a bit of a connection... We can all talk til we're blue in the face that we used to be more open with information gotten from people we know in the program, having a payside helped that. Especially information with recruiting, things change so fluently. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and spout off when info changes or when they don't necessarily agree with what's being provided. I've seen Bnoro, Rocco, myself, Anomander, and even Francis get flamed through providing information we have gotten. It's why there's the backhouse PM discussion of when people get wind of things. I think the best thing to do in these scenarios is take information for what it's worth. We are all on a Cuse message board because we follow the team and love discussing and getting the information. Be thankful someone is willing to share what they've heard and leave it at that.

Which is a perfect time to start providing inside info again. C'mon, you know you want to.

Ha! Being a HC on the college level can be both distracting and polarizing. HCDM was distracted by outside events beyond his control and he got into things he never should have been involved in yet one of his primary goals was to build an IPF not only to be used for practices but also for recruiting purposes. I saw the plans for the current IPF during year 1 of HCDMs tenure.

If you recall I broke the news here first about the IPF getting the green light to be built. Yet it was the polarizing event of HCDMs departure that finally got the ball rolling (and confirmed much later that it was a key event). I got a bunch of likes when I broke the news but slammed when I tied the 2 together.

However it seems so far that HCSS is better suited to being a college head coach as he has deftly been able to minimize distractions and polarizing events. I've never have been involved on the details of recruiting except on the strategy side. Given the IPF and the Acosta coaching addition - the remaining obstacles to better recruiting have been hurdled. My biggest concern right now is making sure SUAD pays the FB coaching staff competitive wages and doesn't blow it on hiring unnecessary SUAD administrative support staff with the new ACC revenue (I'm not sharing what I know here right now).

Like Rocco stated - far more GOOD going on than ever before...the only thing left now for this coaching staff to do is recruit higher profile recruits (not many but 1-2 this year would really kick start recruiting) & win games. And that will solve the final problem - the fan base.

Given the past decade of SU football and it's coaching turmoil - finally what a blessed relief to be so close to finally standing in a packed loud house and enjoying SU football again!

As I said in the TW Thread, I do not believe we called a HS Coach and told him that his kid was too late, that we had filled the position already. That would not sit well with the coach and other coaches if we were to start going down that path. At some time, this story will probably have to be addressed, especially if we have a late committ at this position. The first thing people will ask is where you the mystery committ, unless ofcourse people are thinking this will all blow over and be forgotten down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom