Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know he’s killed it recruiting at Alabama and has nothing to show. If he doesn’t make a final four this year it’s the perfect time for him to leave.

I also don’t think JB will push back on an external hire he’ll be calling marquee games for ESPN and watching his kids he’s Mr Syracuse but probably knows the ship has sailed on playing AD (which he obviously could have at plenty of times.)
JB is a coach and he’s never wanted to do anything else. He’s had zero interest in ever being an AD.

I don't think we can touch the money Bama would find to keep him and I also don't think he'd leave the better basketball conference just to coach in the ACC. If people think the Big 10 -ACC challenge was hard, wait until next year.

I really don't care about Oats. Chances are we aren't hiring him and we only care about him because he coached Buffalo. There will be other hot shot coaches like him to hire. I hope Alabama loses every game. Outside of Duke or are traditional rivals I never want to see an SEC team win sht in basketball.

Last edited:
I’ve insulted you?
Sorry. There are 47 states I wouldn’t want to love in. Bama just happens to be particularly objectionable. I have my reasons. Which likely wouldn’t affect you. So you got that goin’ for you. Which is nice.…

Not in the least. I just think it's a weird sales pitch.

Any hoops coach is a 1% type who will live an insular life with similar types.

Not in the least. I just think it's a weird sales pitch.

Any hoops coach is a 1% type who will live an insular life with similar types.
Personally, I love being able to golf 10 months out of the year instead of 4. If I got paid millions to do what I love while I was at it? It’d be hard to pry me away. Syracuse basketball is a huge deal for us because we grew up with the team, if we didn’t, we might not see it any different than Indiana or NC State

Personally, I love being able to golf 10 months out of the year instead of 4. If I got paid millions to do what I love while I was at it? It’d be hard to pry me away. Syracuse basketball is a huge deal for us because we grew up with the team, if we didn’t, we might not see it any different than Indiana or NC State
There’s 7 months of golf in upstate..Cmon

There’s 7 months of golf in upstate..Cmon
Consistently? You get mid-May to mid-October, so I guess it’s moreso 5-6. Climate change is making it better, but it’s still 40s-50s in the weeks surrounding which isn’t exactly golf weather.

Most of it goes to football.
Yes but if you have a bigger bucket of NIL for football and basketball, that small % is still a lot of $$$ compared to other schools.

Rumor was that they offered Pete Nance a sizable NIL deal before he went to UNC.

Most of it goes to football.

I can't find the article now but Saban was specifically interviewed where he said he absolutely wanted to share football funds to help the basketball program thrive. Not sure if that was only when they were looking for a coach or after.

Consistently? You get mid-May to mid-October, so I guess it’s moreso 5-6. Climate change is making it better, but it’s still 40s-50s in the weeks surrounding which isn’t exactly golf weather.
Dudes are playing golf march through November up here bud. The good tracks are April through end of October. Every year

JB is a coach and he’s never wanted to do anything else. He’s had zero interest in ever being an AD.
Kind of. 2016 when Coyle left for Minnesota would have been a good time to become AD and put Hop in the role.

Most pro coaches would rather be GMs look at Parcells who coulldn't wait to get off the sidelines guys like JB and Belichick are the outliers. Brad Stevens was younger than most NBA coaches and couldn't wait to get the GM job first offering. Long tenured successful coaches like JB become AD's pretty frequently.

Oates hammering Kentucky today.
For anybody that says they wouldn't want him as coach for any reason is nuts.

Carry on, beat the who's
He will have better offers. He could end up at Texas.

Kind of. 2016 when Coyle left for Minnesota would have been a good time to become AD and put Hop in the role.

Most pro coaches would rather be GMs look at Parcells who coulldn't wait to get off the sidelines guys like JB and Belichick are the outliers. Brad Stevens was younger than most NBA coaches and couldn't wait to get the GM job first offering. Long tenured successful coaches like JB become AD's pretty frequently.
That's usually long standing football coaches. I haven't heard of too many basketball coaches becoming ADs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom