Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Darius Miles related to the Darius Miles who was drafted out of high school into the NBA in the early 2000’s?

We’ll if anyone things Oats wants to stay at Alabama for the rest of his career and we can’t lure someone from the SEC time to reconsider that.

This is a 12th scholarship player complete bench warmer and who the hell knows why he did it. Ugly embarrassing and awful all around but not really an indictment on his teammates. Coach maybe.

We’ll if anyone things Oats wants to stay at Alabama for the rest of his career and we can’t lure someone from the SEC time to reconsider that.

This is a 12th scholarship player complete bench warmer and who the hell knows why he did it. Ugly embarrassing and awful all around but not really an indictment on his teammates. Coach maybe.
Frankie, can you elaborate for discussion?
You think this incident will trigger Oates to consider the idea of leaving for elsewhere?
I'm trying to think of anything this compares to. Dave Bliss at Baylor. The Duke lax coach did prematurely resign when that whole thing was kind of a sham.

Frankie, can you elaborate for discussion?
You think this incident will trigger Oates to consider the idea of leaving for elsewhere?
I'm trying to think of anything this compares to. Dave Bliss at Baylor. The Duke lax coach did prematurely resign when that whole thing was kind of a sham.
I don’t know but I think the worst player on your roster doing something heinous in your community is kind of a reason to go elsewhere.

You wouldn’t look at other houses if your next door neighbor committed a terrible public crime?

They also only care about football he’s always the bridesmaids never the bride. At Syracuse we draw double an NBA game for our big matchups.

This is the same thing as if Peter Carey murdered someone on Marshall Street. (If you don’t like that comparison we all know why they are DNP scholarship guys it’s a like to like comparison.)

The coach gets some heat. Awful situation.

I don’t know but I think the worst player on your roster doing something heinous in your community is kind of a reason to go elsewhere.

You wouldn’t look at other houses if your next door neighbor committed a terrible public crime?

They also only care about football he’s always the bridesmaids never the bride. At Syracuse we draw double an NBA game for our big matchups.
It's interesting speculation.
I cited 2 college examples, another example is Bill Belicheck coaching Aaron Hernandez. Bill is still there.

Why do you say he was the worst player on the roster? He’s only appeared in 6 games due to injury. Last year he played in 30 games and was 7th on the team with 17mpg.

That's a coach that doesn't have control of his program off the court.

That's a harsh connection to make. Sounds like there has been a bit of confusion around his situation beyond injury(if there was one) for almost a month.

Massive communications fail but hard to say what this has any to do with how he runs his program vs a kid making a decision to ruin his life and take someone else's along the way.

Why do you say he was the worst player on the roster? He’s only appeared in 6 games due to injury. Last year he played in 30 games and was 7th on the team with 17mpg.
Sorry didn’t dig deep he was an afterthought on this years team you are right about last year and I knew the name.

Their bench has been stacked Quinnerly 2 played like 5 mpg last year.

It's interesting speculation.
I cited 2 college examples, another example is Bill Belicheck coaching Aaron Hernandez. Bill is still there.
Yeah that’s fair Bill didn’t care about anything he did until he killed someone.

He wasn’t supposed to play for the Patriots near his local hometown bad influences someone else should have drafted him first most talented tight end I can remember. Was still there in the 4th so we took him.

Again I said Oats owns some of this the teammates and other students don’t. Bad look. Good time to leave that dump of a state and return to NY and save a dying program.

That's a harsh connection to make. Sounds like there has been a bit of confusion around his situation beyond injury(if there was one) for almost a month.

Massive communications fail but hard to say what this has any to do with how he runs his program vs a kid making a decision to ruin his life and take someone else's along the way.
Is it a harsh connection? Lack of institutional control has been levied over lesser that pales into comparison.

Not sure how this is on Oats partially?

Is SU footballs past violent accidents partially on the respective coaches? Nah

Sometimes kids come from violent backrounds and with connections to bad people and it slips through.

Idk if I blame the coaches so much as the kids absolutely blowing a good opportunity to make something of themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom