NBA Combine Invites go out today... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Combine Invites go out today...

rsmith34 said:
So Zags reports on Murray, Maker, Malachi. Then Goodman reports on only Murray and Maker, citing agent Mike George. George is Tyler Ennis' agent. I wonder if (a) George was the source to both and (b) if Malachi has been in contact with George. Obviously he doesn't have the Canada roots as the other 3, but the SU connection is there. Also George works for Excel Sports Management, same as Jeff Schwartz who is MCW's agent.

That's too much math.

From my perspective, let them look him over, if he's good rough to go, he'll go, if not he'll come back. I just didn't want the Virginia game as the last impression they have of him.
That an the oil change. I honestly can't believe that they will like him all that much. Not rooting against him in the least. Good luck and God bless him but what exactly does he do that makes him special? He doesn't pass all that well. He doesn't handle all that well. He is at that level, at best, and this is generous, a average shooter. It seems that there are 100 guys like him. That isn't saying that we don't like him and need him, we don't have 100 guys like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
That an the oil change. I honestly can't believe that they will like him all that much. Not rooting against him in the least. Good luck and God bless him but what exactly does he do that makes him special? He doesn't pass all that well. He doesn't handle all that well. He is at that level, at best, and this is generous, a average shooter. It seems that there are 100 guys like him. That isn't saying that we don't like him and need him, we don't have 100 guys like him.

I think you undersell Mal by a lot. He's clearly more than an average shooter. His shot selection's not great, but he's got prototypical size and length for the NBA and is a tough kid. Lack of athleticism will hurt him. I wish the best for him; the combine will show NBA teams what he's made of. My gut is that he comes back, and if he comes back, I think he stays 3-4 years. But we'll see.

if he progressed and got stronger i could see him like Dion in year 2. but he has a ways to go to get to that level and he will be abused on D where he is right now.

He clearly needs to make the best decision for himself. If it coincides with ours - gravy. We'd be sick with him back. If not, that'll mean the NBA assessment is high enough for him to jump - probably a likely 1st rounder then.

With all due respect to dasher, who clearly forgot more about basketball than i ever did or will know. He may well be right about Mali being just like a 100 others. But I don't recall any of those 100 getting their team to the FF in such dramatic fashion. IMHO, he IS special - the rest is polish. But his combine/workouts just may convince someone to "guarantee" him a 1st rd pick. That'll be hard to ignore. And who could blame him? Thankfully we know we get Tylers back.

It might be. It might not be. But I err on the side that if the pros are interested the player should find out if the time is right to jump.

Thats fine, but if you are a Cuse fan, you are hoping for him to come back next year.

Briancuse said:
Thats fine, but if you are a Cuse fan, you are hoping for him to come back next year.

If you are a Cuse fan, you are hoping for the best for him whether that be staying or going.

When we are young, that is all we think about. But as you get older, you come to realize that even though you are a die hard Syracuse fan, these kids are making the decision of their lives. and if you are a Syracuse fan, you should be rooting for them to make the right decision for them. Not for you.

When we are young, that is all we think about. But as you get older, you come to realize that even though you are a die hard Syracuse fan, these kids are making the decision of their lives. and if you are a Syracuse fan, you should be rooting for them to make the right decision for them. Not for you.

I would never not want a kid to make the wrong decision for him, but as a Syracuse fan you should want what is best for Syracuse basketball. Its not just about me, its about our entire fanbase, the coaches, the players, everyone who is involved with Cuse bball.

I would never not want a kid to make the wrong decision for him, but as a Syracuse fan you should want what is best for Syracuse basketball. Its not just about me, its about our entire fanbase, the coaches, the players, everyone who is involved with Cuse bball.
It's about the player doing what he (and his family) believe are in his best interests. He owes the fanbase nothing. He's given already.

That being said, I hope he gives us another year. But I won't begrudge him the opportunity to make millions.

No. Syracuse basketball is a thing. It doesn't bleed. It doesn't need to eat. My love for syracuse basketball is second to none. But as an adult, I understand what is important in life and what is not. And what lies in between.

It's about the player doing what he (and his family) believe are in his best interests. He owes the fanbase nothing. He's given already.

That being said, I hope he gives us another year. But I won't begrudge him the opportunity to make millions.

I'm not saying he owes the fanbase anything, and if its the right decision to go, I am all for it. I want the best team that we can possibly have on the court next year.

One of the things that is good for 'Cuse basketball is to have a record of sending players to the NBA.

I'm not saying he owes the fanbase anything, and if its the right decision to go, I am all for it. I want the best team that we can possibly have on the court next year.
Guess I misunderstood. "I would never not want a kid to make the wrong decision for him, but as a Syracuse fan you should want what is best for Syracuse basketball. Its not just about me, its about our entire fanbase, the coaches, the players, everyone who is involved with Cuse bball." Sure sounds to me as if you're saying I should want what is best for Syracuse basketball, not what is best for Malachi Richardson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom