NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

If Golden State is bad for the NBA so were the 90’s Bulls.

I miss the glory days of the Lakers and Celtics playing in the finals every year, and then the Bulls winning it every year!

But LeBron playing in the finals every year and the Warriors winning 3 out of 4 is ruining the league!

Lol, those people are funny.

Seems like the league has always been dynasty based, except for the 70’s when the finals were tape delayed and the league was struggling.

I miss the glory days of the Lakers and Celtics playing in the finals every year, and then the Bulls winning it every year!

But LeBron playing in the finals every year and the Warriors winning 3 out of 4 is ruining the league!

Lol, those people are funny.

Seems like the league has always been dynasty based, except for the 70’s when the finals were tape delayed and the league was struggling.

I mean we have had the Mavs and Pistons, but for the most part the rest of the champions the past 40 years have been relatively predictable.

they lost two years ago. They were down 17 and 15 pts in two separate elimination games this year to a team that was without arguably its best player. they are definitely beatable.
Yet they’ve been in 4 straight Finals and won 3. Losing one in which Steph was hurt and Draymond got suspended.

I’d love to believe that the Warriors can’t just “turn it on” whenever they feel like, but they can, and the Rockets are going to have a painful time trying to keep that team together, meanwhile KD will opt back in and the Warriors will be NBA Champs again next year. Rinse and Repeat.

As to HOFCeluck talking about the Celtics... I wasn’t watching the NBA back then so this is the first I’ve seen of the current iteration of this NBA. One team capable of beating them, maybe, and an entire conference that, at best, is full of 5th-8th seed caliber teams in the West.

Ratings are doing great but I have to believe that eventually that bubble will burst unless the NBA can find some teams (plural) capable of providing resistance. When NBA Reddit and Real GM turns on what the NBA is right now, it means something.

Slate posted an article yesterday that described it perfectly.. This isn’t the 90’s Bulls. This is adding David Robinson to the 90’s Bulls.

Last edited:
Yet they’ve been in 4 straight Finals and won 3. Losing one in which Steph was hurt and Draymond got suspended.

I’d love to believe that the Warriors can’t just “turn it on” whenever they feel like, but they can, and the Rockets are going to have a painful time trying to keep that team together, meanwhile KD will opt back in and the Warriors will be NBA Champs again next year. Rinse and Repeat.

As to HOFCeluck talking about the Celtics... I wasn’t watching the NBA back then so this is the first I’ve seen of the current iteration of this NBA. One team capable of beating them, maybe, and an entire conference that, at best, is full of 5th-8th seed caliber teams in the West.

Having a team that’s great and clearly the best, but also very nearly getting beaten is great for the league IMO. It’s a recognizable star laden team that has done some amazing things, but there’s hope to beat them.

People talk about CP3’s age/injuries, but not Curry’s. He’s 30, which for a guy that slight and with his history of injuries...he could be a guy who loses it fast.

I’m just enjoying the ride. Though I wasn’t rooting for them this year, I like that the freakin Golden State Warriors - one of the worst franchises for 20 years- can become a power. Steph Curry - a guy from Davidson and just another pretty good guard for his first 3-4 years - can become a guy in the running for greatest PG ever. Kerr is a class act. Even Draymond was a second round pick. Klay was what, 11th pick? It’s not like they built this by getting the first pick every year, or by having more money than everyone else.

If Russ wasn’t the hardest watch in the league, I might be mad at Durant. But my God...how can anyone really blame him? Russ’s game is just brutal to watch. Gotta be even worse to play with.

As to @HOFCeluck talking about the Celtics... I wasn’t watching the NBA back then so this is the first I’ve seen of the current iteration of this NBA. One team capable of beating them, maybe, and an entire conference that, at best, is full of 5th-8th seed caliber teams in the West.

You realize this also applies to the turn of the century when youd have the Spurs/Lakers serving as the de facto championship right?

You realize this also applies to the turn of the century when youd have the Spurs/Lakers serving as the de facto championship right?

Yeah, and to a lesser extent: Miami just went to 4 straight finals. Before them it was Boston and Lakers 2 out of 3 years.

This Warriors run is not anything extreme where everyone else should just give up.

Having a team that’s great and clearly the best, but also very nearly getting beaten is great for the league IMO. It’s a recognizable star laden team that has done some amazing things, but there’s hope to beat them.

People talk about CP3’s age/injuries, but not Curry’s. He’s 30, which for a guy that slight and with his history of injuries...he could be a guy who loses it fast.

I’m just enjoying the ride. Though I wasn’t rooting for them this year, I like that the freakin Golden State Warriors - one of the worst franchises for 20 years- can become a power. Steph Curry - a guy from Davidson and just another pretty good guard for his first 3-4 years - can become a guy in the running for greatest PG ever. Kerr is a class act. Even Draymond was a second round pick. Klay was what, 11th pick? It’s not like they built this by getting the first pick every year, or by having more money than everyone else.

If Russ wasn’t the hardest watch in the league, I might be mad at Durant. But my God...how can anyone really blame him? Russ’s game is just brutal to watch. Gotta be even worse to play with.
Honestly, my only issue is KD going to Golden State. It’s the biggest b***h move that I’ve ever seen in sports and it took Golden State from being a potential dynasty that has to actually fight for its dynastic run, to this minor resistance Finals slaughterhouse of the Cavs two years in a row.

Perhaps my beef isn’t so much with the league/dynasties as it is with how strongly KD tipped the scales. I think that’s the common view of most who share my opinion as well. I’m a Bills fans and the Pats get the AFCE gift wrapped to them every year, but at least there’s teams providing resistance along the way. The KD led Warriors faced zero resistance last year and struggled with one team this year while sweeping the Finals. Yawn.

If a splash brothers led Warriors team, minus KD, but with better role players were owning the NBA, it wouldn’t bother me. KD is just on some b***h made cheat code ish.

Honestly, my only issue is KD going to Golden State. It’s the biggest b***h move that I’ve ever seen in sports and it took Golden State from being a potential dynasty that has to actually fight for its dynastic run, to this minor resistance Finals slaughterhouse of the Cavs two years in a row.

Perhaps my beef isn’t so much with the league/dynasties as it is with how strongly KD tipped the scales. I think that’s the common view of most who share my opinion as well. I’m a Bills fans and the Pats get the AFCE gift wrapped to them every year, but at least there’s teams providing resistance along the way. The KD led Warriors faced zero resistance last year and struggled with one team this year while sweeping the Finals. Yawn.

If a splash brothers led Warriors team, minus KD, but with better role players were owning the NBA, it wouldn’t bother me. KD is just on some b***h made cheat code ish.

Honestly think there’s a number of teams well positioned right now though.. LeBron is a free agent, Boston and Philly are potentially monsters on the rise , Houston won 65 games and was up 3-2 on them until their all time great Pg got hurt...they are right there. And as safe as it feels to finally bury the Spurs, I still don’t quite trust it. Because I really thought they were done back in like 2011 when Zach Randolph and the Grizzlies bounced them from the playoffs. I don’t know how, but a franchise that’s been that great still has to be viewed as some type of potential wild card.

Even a New Orleans type of team could become a legit challenger with one great move.

Honestly think there’s a number of teams well positioned right now though.. LeBron is a free agent, Boston and Philly are potentially monsters on the rise , Houston won 65 games and was up 3-2 on them until their all time great Pg got hurt...they are right there. And as safe as it feels to finally bury the Spurs, I still don’t quite trust it. Because I really thought they were done back in like 2011 when Zach Randolph and the Grizzlies bounced them from the playoffs. I don’t know how, but a franchise that’s been that great still has to be viewed as some type of potential wild card.

Even a New Orleans type of team could become a legit challenger with one great move.

Great franchises are great franchises.

KD joining the dubs is no different than Lebron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami to me.

I know he lost to the Warriors the year he joined them, but Russ was continuously getting outplayed by Curry so I’d rather play with Curry too.

I do think the Warriors win next year to regardless where Lebron signs. Eventually they will lose due to injury or boredom. It happens to every team. The Spurs have never repeated and they are awesome. The 80’s Lakers were awesome and they never could 3 peat.

And frankly, even ignoring that his OKC running mate is probably tough to play with, I can’t even fully blame KD...I blame the sports media and sports fans for getting so stupid about things while trying to get their “lulz” off.

The whole “and how many rings does ____ have, lulz” cheapshot jokes at great players. The whole “Kobe was a sidekick for 3 rings, lulz”, stupidity and nonsense. Anyone who participated in that...you created the narrative and atmosphere that it’s all about “rings” to where these guys are going to ensure that they get their “rings”.

Come to the light Lebron. Lets start a new Boston dynasty.

Are Pierce and Lebron friends? Im guessing no

KD joining the dubs is no different than Lebron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami to me.

I know he lost to the Warriors the year he joined them, but Russ was continuously getting outplayed by Curry so I’d rather play with Curry too.

I do think the Warriors win next year to regardless where Lebron signs. Eventually they will lose due to injury or boredom. It happens to every team. The Spurs have never repeated and they are awesome. The 80’s Lakers were awesome and they never could 3 peat.
In no way is it the same thing. The Heat weren’t coming off two Finals appearances, winning one and a tech suspension away from winning the otber. Dwayne Wade wasn’t Steph and Bosh wasnt Klay. LeBron didn’t get beat by them, then decide to leave his contending team to join them. Nah, not even close. LeBron caught heat for what he did but KD dwarfed that move.

That’s a lot of “ifs”. KD said he’s signing with the Warriors. If he does, they’re set for next year. LeBron has to go somewhere that makes sense and can absorb his contract, which will take away from their bench. I’m not sold on Philly, at all. Boston, I like but LeBron isn’t going there and I need to see a lot from them healthy to prove they can hang with the Warriors. The Rockets need to keep Capela and company...there’s no guarantee they will. They also have to give CP3 a tremendously stupid contract that pays him a bazillion dollars when he’s like 40. The Pelicans?... no.

Had a nightmare about the 2010 game 7

Come to the light Lebron. Lets start a new Boston dynasty.

Are Pierce and Lebron friends? Im guessing no

ThumbsDownEmoji.jpg

If LeBron goes to Houston next year, will that surpass the KD to Golden State as the biggest B move? I'd say yes.

If LeBron goes to Houston next year, will that surpass the KD to Golden State as the biggest B move? I'd say yes.
No. Not at all. He’s forced to and lots of anti-KD NBA fans will welcome it as LeBron going somewhere to take down the Warriors.

It’s funny, I used to love “humble” KD and thought LeBron was a primadonna. Over the past few years, while I still think LeBron can be a primadonna, he’s gained my respect x100. On the other hand, KD is probably the player I respect the least in any sport I watch. I find everything about him to be incredibly lame and the fact he so yearns for respect while doing the least respect-worthy thing any superstar has ever done is ironic.

I could care less what Lebron or KD do, but any move they make to go to Miami, Golden State, Cleveland or Houston is done for the exact same reason. To chase rings. Lebron left Miami the last time in part because Wade got old. It’s fine if people just want to root for KD or Lebron, but you can’t not say that either one of them made their moves without the thought of chasing rings. I don’t get the people that criticize KD, but act like Lebron won’t do or hasn’t done the same thing. Lebron never would have went back to Cleveland if Kyrie wasn’t there.

In no way is it the same thing. The Heat weren’t coming off two Finals appearances, winning one and a tech suspension away from winning the otber. Dwayne Wade wasn’t Steph and Bosh wasnt Klay. LeBron didn’t get beat by them, then decide to leave his contending team to join them. Nah, not even close. LeBron caught heat for what he did but KD dwarfed that move.

Wade was an elite top 5 player. And Bosh was a top 20 player all star. Same level as Curry and Klay, IMO.

I could care less what Lebron or KD do, but any move they make to go to Miami, Golden State, Cleveland or Houston is done for the exact same reason. To chase rings. Lebron left Miami the last time in part because Wade got old. It’s fine if people just want to root for KD or Lebron, but you can’t not say that either one of them made their moves without the thought of chasing rings. I don’t get the people that criticize KD, but act like Lebron won’t do or hasn’t done the same thing. Lebron never would have went back to Cleveland if Kyrie wasn’t there.
You have to be able to admit that there’s “chasing rings” like LeBron/CP3 etc did and “chasing rings” like KD did, no? They are so very different in my opinion.

Wade was an elite top 5 player. And Bosh was a top 20 player all star. Same level as Curry and Klay, IMO.
I don’t put them at the same level of Curry/Klay. Curry/Klay changed the league. They’re that influential. Even if you make that argument, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier etc don’t equal Draymond Green, Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala.

You have to be able to admit that there’s “chasing rings” like LeBron/CP3 etc did and “chasing rings” like KD did, no? They are so very different in my opinion.

I have zero problem with players moving. The hot stove in basketball has become bigger than the regular season IMO.

I just don’t see a difference in what Lebron and KD have done in switching teams. They are looking for the most talented teammates to help them get over the top.

I just find it odd a lot of the Lebron fans complain so much about KD and call him a b!!!h on twitter when Lebron will probably make a move this summer to give himself the best chance to beat KD/Steph and the Warriors, but will come up with an excuse why it’s different.

Now if Lebron joins KD and Steph I will be right there with you saying it’s ridiculous and the Warriors have basically created the US Olympic team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom