NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

So Houston traded Capela and a first for Robert Covington (a couple other small parts in their).

Atlanta gets Capela.
Denver was an intermediary, lost a few young assets, got weaker ones in return + a non lotto first.

Houston's center is now PJ Tucker.

Houston is taking the no center thing a little too far here if this is all they do. I can only assume they are planning to make a small trade to at least get a big body that will be needed for certain situations / start certain games. Or maybe via buyout.

So Houston traded Capela and a first for Robert Covington (a couple other small parts in their).

Atlanta gets Capela.
Denver was an intermediary, lost a few young assets, got weaker ones in return + a non lotto first.

Houston's center is now PJ Tucker.

Houston is taking the no center thing a little too far here if this is all they do. I can only assume they are planning to make a small trade to at least get a big body that will be needed for certain situations / start certain games. Or maybe via buyout.

They'll certainly bring an actual big man in, but it sounds like their intention is to roll with Tucker as their C until they're forced to play a legit big by the couple of teams in the league that can force that.

It's crazy, but I gotta admit I admire Morey's willingness to continue to push the boundaries of what is considered sane in the NBA. I imagine his thinking is something along the lines of "post shots aren't efficient, so let's bait people into inefficient shots while we continue taking efficient shots".

They'll certainly bring an actual big man in, but it sounds like their intention is to roll with Tucker as their C until they're forced to play a legit big by the couple of teams in the league that can force that.

It's crazy, but I gotta admit I admire Morey's willingness to continue to push the boundaries of what is considered sane in the NBA. I imagine his thinking is something along the lines of "post shots aren't efficient, so let's bait people into inefficient shots while we continue taking efficient shots".

His thinking there is “there is zero percent chance we come out of the west playing conventionally with these guys..., there’s a 1% chance this gimmick works..1>0 and I needed to get below the luxury tax”

Yeah it's really unlikely to "work", but anything they did was unlikely to work, and this will certainly be different.
They played against Dallas last week, first time since 1963 or something a team played a full game with no one taller than 6-6.

It is hilarious how they tried to find the loophole with the Nene contract, the NBA said no, and he just hasn't played at all

Yeah it's really unlikely to "work", but anything they did was unlikely to work, and this will certainly be different.
They played against Dallas last week, first time since 1963 or something a team played a full game with no one taller than 6-6.

It is hilarious how they tried to find the loophole with the Nene contract, the NBA said no, and he just hasn't played at all

I have no doubt that they’ll be the first team to attempt only 3’s in a game.

Don’t they have Tyson Chandler? Joakim Noah is available.

I have no doubt that they’ll be the first team to attempt only 3’s in a game.

The other big part of the offence is Harden getting into the lower mid range and key area and flailing around too draw fouls. They won't give that up.

To me Iguodala does nothing for the Heat. Personally I think playing him weakens the team and he is close to washed up.

But potentially adding Danilo Gallinari as is being reported, is a big move for them.

Only way they can get both under the cap is if Waiters and James Johnson leave.

To me Iguodala does nothing for the Heat. Personally I think playing him weakens the team and he is close to washed up.

But potentially adding Danilo Gallinari as is being reported, is a big move for them.

You think?

It's tough to say, i think sitting out this year could help to keep him fresh. And he's such a smart player. He was a good player in the playoffs last year, And I guess he's their best or second best (behind Bam) guy to potentially check Giannis?

You think?

It's tough to say, i think sitting out this year could help to keep him fresh. And he's such a smart player. He was a good player in the playoffs last year, And I guess he's their best or second best (behind Bam) guy to potentially check Giannis?

Giannis would demolish Iggy IMO (like he would most players). He just doesn't have the athleticism to hang with Giannis anymore.

I think I'm probably still leaning towards wanting Milwaukee to just keep the team intact or maybe deal one of the reserves for a 2nd rounder and keep an eye on the buyout market, but IF we were to make a trade, I think Luke Kennard and Denzel Valentine are the two guys I'd be most interested in at the moment. I'd be willing to part with the Pacers 1st rounder (plus other stuff) for Kennard. I wouldn't include the 1st for Valentine, but I'd gladly swap some of our spare parts and 2nd round picks for him.

Still not particularly scared of any of the teams in the East even if Miami pulls off this Gallo thing.

This season/trade deadline would have been soooooooooo much more interesting if Bradley Beal didn't extend last season. :(

Although once Wall comes back for the Wiz, watch out! lol

and they are extending him? Iggy doesn't shift the power of the conference one inch. Don't understand the deal.

and they are extending him? Iggy doesn't shift the power of the conference one inch. Don't understand the deal.

It sounds like it's a fake extension; Miami can cut him and get all (or most of) the money back if they want to.

looks like the Knicks are hiring my brother's brother to run the team

:cool:

Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill going to Miami in this Iggy deal for Justice Hill.

Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill going to Miami in this Iggy deal for Justice Hill.

And Dion. Also Justise Winslow, not Justice Hill haha.

Happy to see no Gallinari, at least yet.

Golden State what are you doing.
So basically you turned Kevin Durant and first round pick which won’t be traded for D’Angelo Russell.
Now they are flipping Russell for Andrew Wiggins and first round pick in 2021 and 2022 2nd round pick.

Don’t get it. Wiggins is a bad fit for the shooters they have.

So basically you turned Kevin Durant and first round pick which won’t be traded for D’Angelo Russell.
Now they are flipping Russell for Andrew Wiggins and first round pick in 2021 and 2022 2nd round pick.

Don't think this is necessarily true. In fact it might be the complete opposite if Kerr can get through to him. I think this was a good trade for them.

On the flip side, where does D'Angelo fit in on that team once Steph and Klay are back? I think the Warriors intention all along was to sign D'Angelo and trade him for another piece.

I hope the Celtics do this trade for Bertens.
Trade Pourier and a filler/first round pick for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom