NC State Attendance | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Attendance

Don't understand the reluctance to accept the announced attendance as "real" anymore. Under Dr. Gross they announced not only tickets sold but also anyone who entered the building including staffers, security, concession workers, etc. Current administration adamantly insists the announced attendance in the actual number of tickets scanned entering the building.

Actually, the big trick that the Gross administration pulled was announcing not just tickets sold but tickets distributed. So they could send a couple thousand up to Drum and bump "attendance" by that amount. They were giving away tickets like a minor-league baseball team sometimes.

Actually, the big trick that the Gross administration pulled was announcing not just tickets sold but tickets distributed. So they could send a couple thousand up to Drum and bump "attendance" by that amount. They were giving away tickets like a minor-league baseball team sometimes.
You are 100% correct. The way Mark Coyle and now John Wildhack are handling the ticket count actually shows that the football program is trending in a positive direction with regards to ticket sales.

Now this program needs to start winning on a consistent basis year after year to get our season base back to 25,000+. That will cure all of our attendance issues.

You are 100% correct. The way Mark Coyle and now John Wildhack are handling the ticket count actually shows that the football program is trending in a positive direction with regards to ticket sales.

Now this program needs to start winning on a consistent basis year after year to get our season base back to 25,000+. That will cure all of our attendance issues.

That's the key, both in terms of annual revenue and just building a critical mass of fans who can enhance the atmosphere in the building, convince friends to go, create urgency for tickets, etc. Gotta double season ticket sales, but it's going to take a few years and a lot of winning.

That's the key, both in terms of annual revenue and just building a critical mass of fans who can enhance the atmosphere in the building, convince friends to go, create urgency for tickets, etc. Gotta double season ticket sales, but it's going to take a few years and a lot of winning.

And tomorrow is a huge first step. too often over the last few years it's been one step forward and two steps back. After the huge Clemson win we went on the road for a month (including a bye, I think) and by the time we returned to the Dome the excitement had faded and the team was well into it's end of year collapse. Need a strong finish to build momentum into the offseason and to give the Department something to market beyond "belief without evidence." Beat N.C. State and get to step one - bowl eligibility. Then the balance of the schedule sets up extremely well for us. One game at a time but the opportunity is there!

The other smart move IMHO is folding more seats into the PAR program. Not only gives the Orange Club a larger base that they can cultivate but also aids the revenue base for the AD due to the way revenue is allocated between Athletics and the general University books.

How are the faith tickets in those three new rows selling?

Nate Mink says there should be a window From 4-7 to tailgate. That would be good news for walk up crowd.

NM better keep his day job, bc its gonna rain for 18-20 hrs straight. The only "windows "will be the windows most of the northeast will be looking out all weekend.

the bigger question is how many people actually look at the weather these days? so many times i get to work knowing its going to be a bad ride home and my co-workers have no clue?

Judging by my friends, family, and workplace, i would say conservatively 7/10 people have a weather app on their phone.

Clemson last year was parent's weekend. There was a student section.

There was a student section but a smaller section. Two of their sections were used for parents/student seating.

I know someone who left the ‘98 VT game at halftime to go to the bars. Down 21-6, no beer in the second half...missed one of the all time great SU wins and finishes for a few beers. I don’t get it.

My roommate had an all night bender the night before the ‘98 VT game prepping for a pig roast and then we drank all day on game day. He proceeded to pass out during the second quarter while at the game in the student section. He was slightly disappointed the following day to find out what he had missed lol.

My roommate had an all night bender the night before the ‘98 VT game prepping for a pig roast and then we drank all day on game day. He proceeded to pass out during the second quarter while at the game in the student section. He was slightly disappointed the following day to find out what he had missed lol.

Ha!! How was the pork though? On a spit/rotisserie slow cooking during the game? Any lemming back on the premises basting?

Judging by my friends, family, and workplace, i would say conservatively 7/10 people have a weather app on their phone.

So does my wife and co-workers, that never stops them from asking me, "what's the weather supposed to be like today/this week?" :bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom