NC State Attendance | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Attendance

Former.

The attendance drops were kind of BS anyway because you went from 38K announced (27k actual) to 33K announced (27k actual)

At the end of the day the thing that matters most to me is just getting people to games. I don't care if they announced 100K were in the building but I just wanted to offer some insight that just because they announced 35k or whatever it was doesn't mean that was the actual people in the building. They h ave gotten much better at it, but there is still wiggle room for them to announce a higher number if they need to
To add to this...there is the student allotment which contributes to the announced attendance and the no shows. On average there are 5- 7k no shows overall...which is influenced by student (non)attendance. There has been success reducing the number of non student no-shows...which fixes itself with team success. (students are more apt to be affected by name opponent and start time).

The larger challenge is increasing walk ups and season tickets. Our bottom was so low, we are able to buck the national trend.

As someone in this thread said earlier, there are generally less people in the building than you think when you are there.

Just re-watched some of the game. At least the seating is mostly fixed - we used to have massive gaps from the 30 to the end zone in the lower bowl, with a packed house in the 3rd level end zones. The cameras do a nice job of capturing the crowd that is there.

I get that the situation in the 300s b/t the 40s needs to be rectified.

I expect ~40k announced, 37 actual. Student should pack the place.
Students will be there first half...we always lose a significant amount of them after the 2nd Half starts (gotta Party, amirite?)

Just looked at the map and it looks like a lot of tickets have been sold in the last 24 hours. Most of the lower level of the 300s on the sides have sold (specifically visitor sideline) and it looks like they have started releasing tickets in the the upper rows?

I’m assuming they are going to release the upper row tickets on the sidelines soon?

Still a ton of seats that are unknown at this point. Anything above Row M on the 3rd level sideline is a complete wildcard. Some season ticket holders, but so much of that is group inventory. Curious how they've done on that front for this game and not knowing a game time until 6 days out never helps

Coyle was quoted as saying he was changing it from distributed to turnstile. That’s where people got it from.

Yeah, it was kind of a big deal at the time because Gross had gotten pretty wild with the typical attendance inflation, especially for basketball (I remember a midweek South Florida game announced at 26 when there couldn't have been more than 20 in the building).

But since Coyle announcement they've crept back to standard practice, just not to the extreme that Gross took it to.

I expect ~40k announced, 37 actual. Student should pack the place.

Its Parents Weekend this weekend, and back when I was in school, there was no student section during this weekend (so students could sit with parents). I can't recall if this has changed or not. Anybody know?

Would hate for this to be the one game with no student section.

Its Parents Weekend this weekend, and back when I was in school, there was no student section during this weekend (so students could sit with parents). I can't recall if this has changed or not. Anybody know?

I think my son said one or two of the first level student section was made into student/parent sections.

I think my son said one or two of the first level student section was made into student/parent sections.

Thanks for that, Bees. I'm glad they've changed that. Back in the day, there was no student section at all for Parents Weekend.

The weather is going to impact the number of people in the building - not tickets sold necessarily but it will impact those who show up - IF - IF - the weather gurus are right.

weather effects avg games and no shows more than hyped games.. the more tickets we sell late the more those people are coming weather or not.

Clemson last year was parent's weekend. There was a student section.

i know looking day to day some tickets in some sections came and went and came back again.

The weather is going to impact the number of people in the building - not tickets sold necessarily but it will impact those who show up - IF - IF - the weather gurus are right.

Forecast continues to get worse, its definitely going to make an impact unfortunately.

the SU fan base doesn’t need more of a presence in Camillus or any of the Syracuse burbs that are literally 15 min from the Dome. Camillus represents very well. Building a bigger presence in towns/cities of Binghamton Watertown, Ithaca, Utica, Rochester is what is needed.

Ps- I’m not knocking the billboard as any new fans gained is a good thing. I just know that a majority of the dome is filled by locals from the ‘burbs
There are still a lot of those people not going though, or 40,000+ would be a no brainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom