NC State Attendance | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Attendance

Forecast continues to get worse, its definitely going to make an impact unfortunately.

The marketing has been great IMO from the AD so far this year maybe they should get some tweets ready to go about how we are the only D1 team to play in a climate controlled Dome now that Idaho is 1AA?

Just looked at the map and it looks like a lot of tickets have been sold in the last 24 hours. Most of the lower level of the 300s on the sides have sold (specifically visitor sideline) and it looks like they have started releasing tickets in the the upper rows?

I’m assuming they are going to release the upper row tickets on the sidelines soon?

Believe I saw Texan Mark state that military tickets are assigned go out 2 days prior to games. Could perhaps be the explanation for the large sudden change yesterday?

How many games were televised in '88 vs '18?
I think that the issue is usually the people who do X are old and die. They’ve been replaced by younger generations in the past, and the status quo has held. Millennials aren’t repacking them, which is causing the decline.

The question isn’t whether or not millennials did it and stopped. It’s whether people in the age range of Y to Z did it in the past and are not doing it anymore.

For example how much football did 18-24 year olds watch in 1988 vs. 18-24 year olds in 2018?

you lose 25% to people who played soccer but actually dont watch any sports including soccer except for world cup.

Clemson last year was parent's weekend. There was a student section.
It was also undefeated defending national champion clemson though

That has nothing to do with if there was a student section.
Oh didnt realize you guys were just referring to the designated area itself

After 24 hour there is not much has changed on the Ticketmaster ticket map. On a positive note SU is now selling the $10 Faith & Family Tickets in Section 309 / Row Q which means they have sold 5 rows of discounted tickets in Section 309 during the same time frame.

The tickets between the 20’s appear to be to expensive for the casual fan at this point in time.

Looks like the FAITH18 promo is back online... Selling in sections 308, 311 and 312...

Faith will be rewarded...
1540566695377.png

Comparing the current Ticketmaster map to the one posted by Brent Axe earlier this week it looks like Dino Babers will have a smile on his face when he looks up to the 300 level when coming out of the tunnel on tomorrow night.

3 of the first 8. two on national one on JP

then the last 3 and the bowl game. so coming off a undefeated season almost no tv back then. different rules though on how many times you could be on.
we had 41k the first 2 home games then 45k vs maryland then it took off 49k the last 3.

3 of the first 8. two on national one on JP

then the last 3 and the bowl game. so coming off a undefeated season almost no tv back then. different rules though on how many times you could be on.
we had 41k the first 2 home games then 45k vs maryland then it took off 49k the last 3.
Exactly. Lack of tv vs nearly every game of every team being televised makes it a different world now.

I just called the dome to inquire about bringing umbrellas. I was told that they normally don't allow them, but will be making exceptions tomorrow. I then asked about attendance projection, and of course was told, "It's looking pretty good." I asked if we can expect over 40,000, and he said it would "be close", and it depends on the walkup crowd, hence allowing people to use umbrellas tomorrow.

Nate Mink says there should be a window From 4-7 to tailgate. That would be good news for walk up crowd.

A lot fewer, but you’re missing my point that the question isn’t necessarily “Generation A at year X vs. year Y.” It’s often “Age Group I in year Z vs Age Group I in year AA.”

On a new note, I do think that millennials aren’t as into football (or most other mainstream sports - baseball, basketball, and football) as prior generations.

Last edited:
Don't understand the reluctance to accept the announced attendance as "real" anymore. Under Dr. Gross they announced not only tickets sold but also anyone who entered the building including staffers, security, concession workers, etc. Current administration adamantly insists the announced attendance in the actual number of tickets scanned entering the building.

It’s the best we got at giving us a rough estimate on sold tickets

Well if the most reliable data you have isn't reliable at all...maybe don't use it.

If the AD thinks we could surpass 40K - what's the map matter? We'll get a much better idea of the attendance around 8-8:30 saturday night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom