NC State attendance | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

They shouldn’t be manufacturing a negative spin and it’s a tweet to get people to read an article, so they actually could put in some hype.
So spin is okay as long as it’s positive?

No it’s not, on the other hand , In a season like this , you certainly don’t have to piss on it either.
Right, I was just commenting on the idea that they “should be trying to build hype. “

Nor should it be their job to suppress it by leading with the negative and then inaccurately reporting that they are expecting over 40k instead of saying they have already sold 40k.
Exactly.

A headline that reads something along the lines of "if you want to go to the next su football game get your tickets now" would be better and probably still generate the clicks they need. Then in the article they can talk about the low attendance thus far and how a winning (and ranked) team is seemingly getting people to notice and start filling the dome.

Our local media doesn't do anything to help themselves gain more access to the program with headlines like this.

It’s also just poorly written. “Syracuse tix sale eclipse 40k, bucking season trend” is accurate, neutral and puts the relevant newsworthy piece in context of a bigger trend. Leading with the dated point over the actual news is lame.

Right, I was just commenting on the idea that they “should be trying to build hype. “
Out of curiosity, why are you taking issue with me saying that a local news website should build hype for SU? The better the program does the better it is for everyone. It’s not as if I’m saying they can’t be independent, but wanting high attendance seems to be in everyone’s best interest. How is this a controversial take?

Out of curiosity, why are you taking issue with me saying that a local news website should build hype for SU? The better the program does the better it is for everyone. It’s not as if I’m saying they can’t be independent, but wanting high attendance seems to be in everyone’s best interest. How is this a controversial take?
I agree that the headline came from an unnecessarily negative direction. I don’t think a newspaper should do free PR for the university.

As far as I can tell, alot of seats were sold yesterday. 100s and 200s are essentially sold out besides 20 random single seats. Endzones are almost full as well.

Just gotta sell those visitor side 300s, and we'll be pushing 45k
I expect the $45 seats to sell pretty well. The higher tiers ($70+) will be tough.

Home side upper deck is moving, Away side not so much. May be influenced by Family weekend tickets.

Like others have said many times, I hate the cameras shoring the visitors side. Wish they could find a way to move the cameras. I know it would take some renovations but that upper deck view is always horrible.

Like others have said many times, I hate the cameras shoring the visitors side. Wish they could find a way to move the cameras. I know it would take some renovations but that upper deck view is always horrible.
Yep , from my seats I can’t even see the home side but I know it’s better then looking at silver on the away side upper. I do think they are selling at a pretty steady clip each day . The North upper will hopefully move next week. I am think they still. haven’t put the alternate rows up on both sides. ( every other row up high)

It’s not their job to work against the program either.
I think the job is to sell papers and create clicks and creating an energy around a program would probably help in that regard more than being a negative place..

Most people like to read positive stories more than negative ones I would think. if the program sucks who wants to go look at a paper and good SU teams gives them things to write about that help them sell papers.

It will be much better on TV with individual blue seats and a reduced capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom