NC State attendance | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

Sorry but that is ridiculous. There is a large percentage of the population that simply can’t afford $100+ tickets but might attended a game for $40.

They would be better off getting the casual fans in the door and make money off concessions.
Resale on ticket master are as low as 42. Those are at top of list if you use filter for cheapest seats.

Sorry but that is ridiculous. There is a large percentage of the population that simply can’t afford $100+ tickets but might attended a game for $40.

They would be better off getting the casual fans in the door and make money off concessions.
Are there more Bills fans in Buffalo than SU fans in Syracuse? Just wondering because seats to Bills games go for much more and I doubt the income levels are all that different in the fan base?

Yeah I’m not sure why there needs to be artificial demand created when we already have organic demand driving sales for this game as is?

Idk if anyone can explain the thought behind holding back tickets for a popular game

Are there more Bills fans in Buffalo than SU fans in Syracuse? Just wondering because seats to Bills games go for much more and I doubt the income levels are all that different in the fan base?
The Bills dominate upstate new york and are a professional superbowl contender with an MVP candidate

NFL is supreme in all of NYS. Really can’t compare the two. Not in our house, but for most it rings true.

The Bills dominate upstate new york and are a professional superbowl contender with an MVP candidate
Yeah now.. But demand has always been pretty good.. We also have tons of Giants/Jets/Browns/Pitt fans in the area as well..

But Our $100 tickets would be $500 + for a Bills game. And the upperdeck pricing for reg tickets is still way more.

Yeah now.. But demand has always been pretty good.. We also have tons of Giants/Jets/Browns/Pitt fans in the area as well..

But Our $100 tickets would be $500 + for a Bills game. And the upperdeck pricing for reg tickets is still way more.
I get what you’re saying but another factor is the Buffalo and Rochester metro populations, individually, are each nearly 2x the size of Syracuse’s and less rural.

Syracuse does not have the wealth currently that those two cities have.

Not to say people can’t afford $100 tickets for a 5-0 team. But less apples grow on that tree in Syracuse than in Buff and Roc

There’s also probably not a professional sports franchise in the US, aside from the Mets/Yankees/Sox, that markets itself as well as the Bills

To play devil's advocate, maybe he's trying to tell SU fans how good they have it if they actually want to catch a top 20 matchup in their backyard.

That's how I interpreted the tweet

Lots of money coming in from Rochester and the buffalo suburbs for those games.

Hell I have friends from Auburn who commute out every home game for the Bills - their money goes to the Bills, not SU football. They do go to hoops games though?

Yes and Bills draw a lot of season ticket holders from Rochester.

That's how I interpreted the tweet
Ok , I’m Joe casual, I see Nate’s tweet and I get out of that, wow tickets are cheaper then the Alabama Vols game. I’m getting SU tickets. I don’t think so.

It looks like they took the 40 $ tickets off the board. Question is at what point do they release them again. Obviously they did this due to an increase in demand. If these $$$ seats don’t move they would be cutting their own neck to keep it like this.
I still see them on ticketmaster

Just a few items that I’d add to this thread.

JRHEETER- I’ve got your back.

People would be blown away by the number of no shows each week. It’s north of 5K for most games. Ungodly for games like Wagner.

This year is especially high because of the ND game - and yes, many bought seasons with the intent of going to just that one game…and putting the rest on the secondary market.

There’s also a significant number of alumni, who live out of town and buy season tickets with little ability or desire to attend, just to support the program. God bless each and every one of them. Some games those tickets get used, some times they do not. The school needs to set up a system for them to donate their seats (some of them are level A quality) to be redistributed to local youth group etc. they’ve already been paid for, just get asses in the seats. Win -Win-Win.

As far as this Saturday goes. My guess is the number of no shows will be smallest of the year - 3500 to 4000 is probably a good guess. Might be fewer.

Walk ups are negligible, but might get a couple hundred parents decide to go last minute.

My guess will be about 44k sold, might be just over 40k in the building.

Doesn’t matter- anything north of 35 actual bodies is deafening with the new roof.

If we beat NCState and don’t get blown out by Clemson, the ND game is going to have even more actuals in the stands.

If we ever get 49k actually in the dome, people are going to complain because the average human is 10% wider than 1980 when this place opened. It’s gonna be tight. Individual seats and downsized capacity will make the place more comfortable and create games where demand might match or exceed capacity. That’s a win for 90% of us.

Actual attendance numbers thrown around here after games are usually off by 5-7k (too high). People spread out more and cover more space in those games…and I think we just want to be more optimistic than the reality shows.

Last edited:
Just a few items that I’d add to this thread.

JRHEETER- I’ve got your back. People would be blown away by the number of no shows each week. It’s north of 5K for most games. Ungodly for games like Wagner.

This year is especially high because of the ND game - and yes, many bought seasons with the intent of going to just that one game…and putting the rest on the secondary market.

There’s also a significant number of alumni, who live out of town and buy season tickets with little ability or desire to attend, just to support the program. God bless each and every one of them. Some games those tickets get used, sometime not. The school needs to set up a system for people like them to donate those seats (some of them are level A quality) to be redistributed for free to local youth group etc. they’ve already been paid for, just get asses in the seats. Win -Win-Win.

As far as this Saturday goes. My guess is the number of no shows will be smallest of the year - 3500 to 4000 is probably a good guess. Might be fewer.

Walk ups are negligible, but might get a couple hundred parents decide last minute to go.

My guess will be about 44k sold, might be just over 40k in the building.

Doesn’t matter- anything north of 35 actual bodies is deafening with the new roof.

If we beat NCState and don’t get blown out by Clemson, the ND game is going to have even more actuals in the stands.

If we ever get 49k actually in the dome, people are going to complain because the average human is 10% wider than 1980 when this place opened. It’s gonna be tight. Individual seats and downsized capacity will make the place more comfortable and create games where demand might match or exceed capacity. That’s a win for 90% of us.

Actual attendance numbers thrown around here after games are usually off by 5-7k (too high).
I’m not looking forward to the traffic jams in corners and you’re right about people being bigger

I’m not looking forward to the traffic jams in corners and you’re right about people being bigger
I’m not either , but then again I really am !!

They need to set up little temporary lines so people snake vs. just stand. Plus then people hover in corridors. It's so obnoxious. Traffic control can help mitigate some of this issue in the corners.

Also Jake's point on the out of town supporters / donation system would be great. We make it to a lot of games but we skipped Wagner. Would love to donate them if there was an easy system in place.

They need to set up little temporary lines so people snake vs. just stand. Plus then people hover in corridors. It's so obnoxious. Traffic control can help mitigate some of this issue in the corners.

Also Jake's point on the out of town supporters / donation system would be great. We make it to a lot of games but we skipped Wagner. Would love to donate them if there was an easy system in place.
Other teams do it! We’re not reinventing the wheel!! And wouldnt you be thrilled to have someone in your seats when you can’t be there?! Maybe a kid who’s never been?

Other teams do it! We’re not reinventing the wheel!! And wouldnt you be thrilled to have someone in your seats when you can’t be there?! Maybe a kid who’s never been?
I would love it. I've donated tickets before and it's a great use of them but simplifying the process is a no brainer. How you make lifetime fans. I sit close to the field -- even if kids cant always see well, they love being so close to the players. It's a highlight when we bring other ones.

Wonder if the grab and go cashless concessions will help. Sometimes concourse got jammed as concession lines lengthened.

Wonder if the grab and go cashless concessions will help. Sometimes concourse got jammed as concession lines lengthened.
They didnt help for Louisville or Purdue. It's just in the concessions at the corner where the bathrooms also are. Lot of traffic in one spot and it needs some proper management.

You get past that little area and the bottle neck stops. I'll map it out for them if they can institute something. They have the little temporary barriers from some of the grab n go stands so they're willing to use them.

They didnt help for Louisville or Purdue. It's just in the concessions at the corner where the bathrooms also are. Lot of traffic in one spot and it needs some proper management.

You get past that little area and the bottle neck stops. I'll map it out for them if they can institute something. They have the little temporary barriers from some of the grab n go stands so they're willing to use them.
I’m in Southeast Corner. Have had no problems getting around and getting a beer quickly. We will see Saturday Night if that continues.

put some temp fences up on the south and north sides. roll in a couple food trucks and let people go outside and grab some food/beer outside on a decent day instead of congesting in the concourse.. I would bet some of the trucks would get some decent use as options to cold pretzels/pizza and stale hot dogs.

you could block off the entire east end if you wanted and have food out there and make people go thru those 2 corner entrances and it wouldnt really effect much of how people get around the dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom