NC State attendance | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

That makes sense to me looking at the resale maps. 80% show rate is generally normal and shouldn't be seen as a negative if the building doesn't look completely full.

Agreed, I think anything over 40K actual buts in seats is a real nice showing considering where SU started the year at. Sounds like low 40K's is doable as well which again would be a great turnout.

Both QB's in this game were on. That was a really fun game. Just close enough to keep you on your toes but never really seemed like we weren't going to win.
No Finley or Harmon ... the lethal combo that torched us for 275 (473 total) passing yards. State is still good (excellent defense). But they're much less potent offensively, and our secondary is night and day better. Dome's going to be rocking.

Last edited:

100%, this is going to be like the Kansas "sell out" a few weeks ago. A real good size crowd but in no way an actual sell out. An SU employee just noted that SU feels there will be about 40K actual buts in seats for Sat as of now. That # sounds a little low based on the informaiton to date but we will see.

I was at the Oregon @ Arizona game last week. It was announced a sellout. The building clearly wasnt full. There were seats everywhere. BUT...they were VERY scattered. Not sections, but rows, really, pieces of rows. It didn't look silly calling it a sellout as a result.

When you have big silver chunks up high that are empty, even if its just a few rows clumped together, the word sellout just feels like fingernails on chalkboard. May be true but just looks off. I just wish seats would be released in a way that allowed for the 5-7K empty seats to be more scattered.

I was at the Oregon @ Arizona game last week. It was announced a sellout. The building clearly wasnt full. There were seats everywhere. BUT...they were VERY scattered. Not sections, but rows, really, pieces of rows. It didn't look silly calling it a sellout as a result.

When you have big silver chunks up high that are empty, even if its just a few rows clumped together, the word sellout just feels like fingernails on chalkboard. May be true but just looks off. I just wish seats would be released in a way that allowed for the 5-7K empty seats to be more scattered.
kinda like SU is doing..

I wonder how much of the sales for this game are really sales for Notre Dame? A ticket broker might get a 3 game package instead of getting only the ND game. The ND game alone might make them a profit. So they only need to find buyers for NC State and FSU as icing on the cake.

I wonder how much of the sales for this game are really sales for Notre Dame? A ticket broker might get a 3 game package instead of getting only the ND game. The ND game alone might make them a profit. So they only need to find buyers for NC State and FSU as icing on the cake.
I wondered the same thing.

Fair.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case.

Sadly - ND may not draw as much as normal, given they’re not as good this year.

Might as well start it. Looks like we are already above the 34 that were there yesterday with 3,wks to go.
So, is this a big game?(Sarcasm) Cause as far as I can tell, this thread is creeping into the top 25 based on replies...

No Finley (or Harmon) ... the lethal combo that torched us for 473 (passing) yards. State is still good (excellent defense). But they're much less potent offensively, and our secondary is night and day better. Dome's going to be rocking.

I agree. I have a nervous calm about this game. I think this team is ready to show how good they can be.

Fair.

They will be ranked if they beat 2 bad teams. I hope they do win both but struggle mightily to do so. That would get us another Top 25 showdown. When was the last time the Dome saw back to back Top 25 matchups? I believe it was 1996 vs Army and Miami. Which seems to be the only time.

Edit

In 1998 we had VA Tech and Miami where we were ranked for Miami and NR (AP)/tied 25th (Coaches) for VA Tech.

Last edited:
Fair.

ND will be 5-2 when they come to the Dome and they definitely have played much better football since the first three weeks. should help with attendance, doesn't help in terms of a win, should be a good one

I have to go to a baby shower, but confirmed that they have the ACC Network and will put in on a tv for me.
Baby shower?? I made it very clear with my wife that I will never go to those. And certainly not on game days. Highly recommend you accompany her on the trip and then find a sports bar to watch the game!

kinda like SU is doing.
They seem to be doing it better. But I still worry that there are going to be big ugly blocks int he back corners of the UD based on the way the seats are being released, and what I am seeing on TM and the secondary markets.

The dark blue bucket seats will help this IMO

yep and that is the bottomline

stone cold steve austin GIF

SU is not holding 5-7k seats back. If brokers purchased 2k worth of tickets, and then are in blocks of seats, then yes, it won't look like a sellout, but it is a sellout.

You can't force people to use their tickets, and show up to a game either. There's never going to be a 100% usage rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom