NC State Game Thread... | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor tommy is so shell shocked right now. If that first read isn;t open he is absolute toast. you can feel him bracing for impact before the rush is even there

This is the worst offensive line/QB combo I've seen in a LONG time. You have a QB with zero feel for a pocket and an oline which collapses at the drop of a hat.

If Babers can't figure out the o line situation moving forward he might as well shut it down.

someone was just in my office yapping for 10 minutes. As soon as they leave and I switch back tothe game, we throw it out of bounds, and take a sack.. Thank god for a bottle of whiskey in my desk
Your gunna need more then just 1 bottle for this one... :confused:

2019-10-10_22-03-33.jpg

Someone tell me what they want Tommy to do. Seriously, you could put Tom Brady out there and he'd get smeared.

Babers offense has not needed a playbook.. its based off of about 3 or 4 run plays with a few other specific situational runs and pass plays that are based off of using the space the D alignment gives them to determine which patterns to run fro the WR's.. I like the system personally as many years ago I realized that you could exploit almost any Defensive alignment with spacing as long as the whole offense was on the same page.. This offense this year is not.. from OL to RB to QB.. last year we had Dungey to bail us out with scrambling. I thought last year.. as good as the record was.. out O did not flow as well as the year before.. Lewis was a huge loss. What absolutely needs to happen and its not going to get better until it does... and it is too late this year most probably. You have to line the O up in practice and give them 6 or 7 different D alignments and then take the time to ask tommy what he sees and where can he exploit it... do the same with the WR's and ask them what they see and how to exploit it.. Most of the problems seem to be awareness related and the game being to fast for everyone.. we just are not playing smart and the patterns being called from the sideline are not helping at all.

Why is almost every run right up the middle? Why is there never another option when TD's #1 choice is covered? Are we allowed to use the middle of the field? Why not get the ball out of TD's hands with some short passes as quickly as possible to counter the pressure? It seems like everything is either a long pass or run up the middle. Do we only have variations of two plays?

So many questions.

If we trot Tommy back out there next series I’m turning it off

May as well turn if off now. Aside from Devito pulling a Vontae Davis, he'll be behind center next time we get the ball.

Haha... I know bro...

At least Allen is fearless and has the intangibles... makes him fun to watch play...

Devito sucks the life out of me.

True. His personality and effort are impossible to dislike.

Zero vision, zero football IQ. How the heck did this kid hang with Tua?

No idea. Oline hasn't been great but his decision making just makes everything worse.

I think I’ve figured out what’s going on. We’re saving the offense for the bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom