NCAA info | Syracusefan.com

NCAA info

FWIW, I spoke with an SU employee today. The feeling is that SU will be okay due to self reporting and corrective measures voluntarily undertaken by SU.
Captain, is this person in a position where they might be in the loop? Or is it employee that happens to be walking around campus?

Check the pay side. Lol. I heard quite a bit. Sorry to tease.

(bleep) the payside. I'd like to hire Soundgarden to sing "Blow up the payside"

OT: this has been my theme song lately. If anyone wants a better understanding of my antics(I know a few do), this video will help. Just replace "outside" with "payside". Burrow down in ;)

Last edited:
I haven't heard on the penalties but I did hear some of the accusations from a rock solid source and I'm a bit concerned. Not sure what the nc double a holes will do

(bleep) the payside. I'd like to hire Soundgarden to sing "Blow up the payside"

OT: this has been my theme song lately. If anyone wants a better understanding of my antics(I know a few do), this video will help. Just replace "outside" with "payside". Burrow down in ;)

I could only watch 42 seconds. Sorry! And I thought we were getting so close...

Nothing has been officially said, but I wouldn't be surprised there's a reason we only have 10 scholarship players this year, plus giving one to a walkon. I'm hoping SU was proactive and self-imposed two less scholarships this year. If this was done along with the restructuring of the athetic department where athletics no longer oversees the academic side, SU might be better off than we think.

I could only watch 42 seconds. Sorry! And I thought we were getting so close...

Listen! I am just happy you tried. That made me smile and I appreciate you all the more for your honesty! :) Seriously, it is a fulfilling feeling knowing how people take things, at least for me(at least at times). I'm trying to get more serious about the words I use, as I've found them to make a big difference. In your field, I think you may know where I am coming from.

EDIT: if your mood changes later in the evening for some reason, you may be able to appreciate it even if it isn't your thing. ;) Im not entirely sober at the moment, so hopefully that will help folks understand my choice of words. I have a feeling of love for all, even if I dont like particular things, you know?

Last edited:
No
Captain, is this person in a position where they might be in the loop? Or is it employee that happens to be walking around campus?
not in the AD, but a prof with AD ties and input of some nature. Knows what's going on.

FWIW, I spoke with an SU employee today. The feeling is that SU will be okay due to self reporting and corrective measures voluntarily undertaken by SU.

Shouldn't they be announcing something before the end of the year? I thought decisions were announced within 60 days of a hearing? That means next week at the latest?

Shouldn't they be announcing something before the end of the year? I thought decisions were announced within 60 days of a hearing? That means next week at the latest?

I think they say 6o days, officially. But I remember reading something (not sure if it was here or not) that referenced a similar NCAA review situation and the actual turnaround time was slightly more than two months. Of course, the holidays slow things down too. Sounded like me might reasonably expect something 1st or 2nd week of January.

I think they say 6o days, officially. But I remember reading something (not sure if it was here or not) that referenced a similar NCAA review situation and the actual turnaround time was slightly more than two months. Of course, the holidays slow things down too. Sounded like me might reasonably expect something 1st or 2nd week of January.

I can confirm I read the same thing. On the upside, I haven't really given it much thought nor have been fiending to hear something since the season got underway and gave us other things to occupy our minds. The wait/weight has evaporated more quickly in my mind, and the hour of reckoning is now nigh.

th

Last edited:
Love the tee shirt, Captain. But I'm not sure I see Julie playing the part of Gemma.

I want to show my spirit of gratitude for this board. Chuck Norris(dnabb) was on here making the talk about that shirt, and I looked into it. This was back before my current browser, and the next day I was getting creepy ads for it after logging on here. I'm lucky it didn't make ads for all the sites I visit. Anyhow, I ended up purchasing it and am glad I did. So I wanted to thank Chuck and also let people see both the Yin and the Yang when it comes to ad blockers. I live in Denver, so it's going to be more of a special occasion shirt than otherwise, but those occasions should rock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom