NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing

What will happen to the schools that colluded in the signal stealing?
How many victories will SU lose? (JK. I hope)

I'm going to play along. The BIG valuation is probably tied in large part to OSU and Michigan. They are ultimately the pillars of that conference.

If MIchigan somehow got angry and left (ridiculous to think) how on earth would that conference retain the valuation???? The schools are the valuation at this point and hold all the cards.

In the notso distant future, OSU/Mich/PennSt/ND will probably figure out the legion of financial doom and just do something on their own and make more money as a quadrant of chaos. They don't need to underwrite the other crappy schools like Northwestern or Minny.

Michigan just fired their linebacker coach. More evidence game out this week. The hammer is going to follow for Michigan. I read this morning to expect the NCAA to hammer Michigan by March/April. It’s more widespread than expected. That’s why the linebacker coach was fired today. There’s a reason why Harbaugh dropped the fight.

Michigan just fired their linebacker coach. More evidence game out this week. The hammer is going to follow for Michigan. I read this morning to expect the NCAA to hammer Michigan by March/April. It’s more widespread than expected. That’s why the linebacker coach was fired today. There’s a reason why Harbaugh dropped the fight.
NCAA: "Ok we will let you play for a championship this year, but just wait until the spring, we will bring the heat!"

Inside source said Michigan is expecting heavy punishments from NCAA. They have to find a graduate assistant to fire as a scapegoat too and they’re going to lose their spring game.

I don't think Michigan gets in with one loss. I expected the quick cave after testing the waters with the everybody is doing it defense. Once that didn't gain traction they realized they had to eat crow. It doesn't help that the face of their program just comes off smarmy, arrogant and kooky - not a great PR trifecta.
If they lose to OSU, I'd still vote them in over Washington from what I've seen.

What am I looking at?
Stallions owned this company (along with their star RB) and it's magically deactivated now. Could have been used to get payments where they needed.

LB coach was so dumb. Not fired for participating, fired for directing players what to say in the investigation.

T as in Tom. Cheating runs in the family.
What is it with Michigan and cheating uncles? The Fab Five, other than Howard (allegedly), were being paid by Uncle Ed Martin.

If they lose to OSU, I'd still vote them in over Washington from what I've seen.

Assuming Washington ends the season as an undefeated Pac Champion, they absolutely deserve to be in the playoffs over a one loss Michigan, OSU, or the loser of UGA and Alabama:

Glad this is being kept in the public eye. I don’t think this transgression (and the trend of transgressions by the Michigan program) was appropriately punished.

Glad this is being kept in the public eye. I don’t think this transgression (and the trend of transgressions by the Michigan program) was appropriately punished.
Agree. I hope when the season is over, the NCAA comes down hard on the UM coaching staff. Don't penalize the players; let them finish the year.

IMHO, the entire coaching staff should be banned from coaching college football for a season.

This is a serious violation and the penalties should reflect that.