NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing

If Michigan wins out, will thr B10 try to extend the suspension? Or will they see it as justice served to allow a B10 team the best chance to win the national title?

1699657561107.jpeg

Michigan to the ACC? Would be huge and would PSU follow?
I mean odds are like 0

But little brother Michigan State and PSU, with Michigan to ACC would change the conference dynamic and TV money big time

I mean odds are like 0

But little brother Michigan State and PSU, with Michigan to ACC would change the conference dynamic and TV money big time
Not probable maybe but possible. How much does ESPN want Michigan and possibly others like PSU?

A co worker of mine is a Michigan grad and he told me a few days ago, if Harbaugh gets suspended, don’t be surprised if you start hearing Michigan to the ACC. I said we will take them and Penn State and call it good.

The only thing is no one else has an incentive to leave the BigTen, and even Michigan would be acting impulsively.

Now

If the ACC or SEC really wanted to shake things up, they would have been on the phone with the Michigan administration last week

Michigan to the ACC? Would be huge and would PSU follow?
That thought occurred to me as well. Like someone here wrote, we do not know what will happen even in the next 5 years. There may be changes that are unexpected or "variations of the expected".

When this started I just read headlines and gave it no thought. What "signs" were they supposed to be stealing? The ones fans hold up? Ha ha! Now I know they mean "hand signals". Well I guess many are involved in that - more than anyone will admit but probably not too well organized. Not to malign our friends at Clemson but I recently read when teams huddle against them that they do better. The QB coach at FSU went to Auburn at the close of the 2012 season. Neither FSU nor Auburn had any idea they would face each other in the national championship game in 2013. During that game, one of the players told Fisher "Jamie's (?) calling the signals". Up went the towels and FSU pulled ahead. Fisher later downplayed it but some FSU fans were mad about it. Why hadn't Fisher changed the signals knowing the former coach was on the other team?

This also reminds me of something I read on the Troy Nunes site not long after that - Lester told Shafer they couldn't use the same snap count every time, they needed to stagger it. The folks at that site were astounded by this oversight. The defense would know when to jump and would never jump offsides too.

I guess these million $ coaches are not as smart as we think.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching conferences make the same mistakes the NCAA did. You’re a ceremonial body, your power begins and ends where the schools say it does. Going after one of your charter members will never end well, regardless of the merit.

What an absolute waste of judicial resources this is going to turn into

The only thing is no one else has an incentive to leave the BigTen, and even Michigan would be acting impulsively.

Now

If the ACC or SEC really wanted to shake things up, they would have been on the phone with the Michigan administration last week
Does the B1G have a GOR or do they feel they don't need one?

That thought occurred to me as well. Like someone here wrote, we do not know what will happen even in the next 5 years. There may be changes that are unexpected or "variations of the expected".

When this started I just read headlines and gave it no thought. What "signs" were they supposed to be stealing? The ones fans hold up? Ha ha! Now I know they mean "hand signals". Well I guess many are involved in that - more than anyone will admit but probably not too well organized. Not to malign our friends at Clemson but I recently read when teams huddle against them that they do better. The QB coach at FSU went to Auburn at the close of the 2012 season. Neither FSU nor Auburn had any idea they would face each other in the national championship game in 2013. During that game, one of the players told Fisher "Jamie's (?) calling the signals". Up went the towels and FSU pulled ahead. Fisher later downplayed it but some FSU fans were mad about it. Why hadn't Fisher changed the signals knowing the former coach was on the other team?

This also reminds me of something I read on the Troy Nunes site not long after that - Lester told Shafer they couldn't use the same snap count every time, they needed to stagger it. The folks at that site were astounded by this oversight. The defense would know when to jump and would never jump offsides too.

I guess these million $ coaches are not as smart as we think.
Which could explain why in 2018, when Eric essentially ran the offense and over rode the coaches calls, we had more success. The D didn't know what Eric was calling in the huddle

Does the B1G have a GOR or do they feel they don't need one?
I saw some one off comment from a Michigan fan stating they will take their GoR back and bring them to someone who will appreciate it.

Not sure it works that way, but I'd imagine the conference has something in place

Which could explain why in 2018, when Eric essentially ran the offense and over rode the coaches calls, we had more success. The D didn't know what Eric was calling in the huddle
SU has long suspected Clemson of sign stealing and often adjusted signals and plays against them. I hope we finally get helmet communication. This is all so silly and preventable.

I saw some one off comment from a Michigan fan stating they will take their GoR back and bring them to someone who will appreciate it.

Not sure it works that way, but I'd imagine the conference has something in place
Maybe. I don't think the SEC has one.