NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

I guess “looking like they might get back in it”and “in it” are difficult for some folks.
I guess looking like it is completely different to some folks.

You can argue "best season", but I don't think you can argue "best team". That ship has sailed.
The 1971-1972 Georgetown team was the best of all times, hands down. No discussion needed.

Now that you looked that season up to see their record, you're welcome. I hate those jerks.

The 1971-1972 Georgetown team was the best of all times, hands down. No discussion needed.

Now that you looked that season up to see their record, you're welcome. I hate those jerks.

To be honest I was disappointed. I was expecting a zero win season. 3 wins, is 3 too many for those asshats.

To be honest I was disappointed. I was expecting a zero win season. 3 wins, is 3 too many for those asshats.

They used to be like playing an Ivy league team. I remember beating them 108-95 and 95-78 in 1967. They had a skinny 7 footer, which was unusual at the time but, (I'll say it because it's relevant), an all-white line up. Hiring John Thompson in the wake of the 3-23 year was a very intentional change in direction. He'd been the coach at St. Anthony's in DC and started to bring in the inner city kids that defined the program in his tenure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom