NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

Jay Bilas was saying if Gonzaga won they were in the discussion for greatest team of alltime.
Which is just nuts and speaks to how much he is devolved as a analyst.
I believe if those 2 teams last night played a 7 game series it would go 7 games.

That was just a game that Baylor blitzed Gonzaga off the dribble and it was never a game.
For a Syracuse game reference it was like the 2009 Oklahoma game.
OU just jumped on us right from the tap and was comfortably ahead the entire game..

I said this previously the PAC-12 should offer Gonzaga and BYU non-football membership.
It would help the PAC-12 network which I have never watched a game on because I have DIrecTV get an elite brand and it would help Gonzaga stay sharp after the New Year.

BYU would probably want in on football but if they didn’t want the partial membership then go to 13 teams with Gonzaga or find another team for 14.

Gonzaga is the type of team that you make a partial member for.
They have staying power.

That loss last night wasn’t bad. Baylor was a damn good team that just had Covid in February. There was a time before their stop they were the betting favorite over Gonzaga to win it all.

They went 31-1. They were better than everyone, but Baylor. There’s no shame in that. I think fans get too caught up in conference strength when it comes to the tournament. They barely lost in the final 4 years ago too. You win 5 straight games that’s a pretty good run.
They had a great season. No doubt. Absolutely no shame in what they accomplished. Would they have had that gaudy a record if they played in a tougher conference? No way. I think it will always be an inherent disadvantage for Gonzaga to play in a weak league. We disagree on that.

They had 8 Quad 1 wins in the regular season, which was tied for 3rd most in the country. Last night was obviously a dud, but I think they're still a genuinely great team.
Most of those wins came in December then they played 2-1/2 months of games against lousy teams. That can not keep u as sharp as u need to be. imo

Jay Bilas was saying if Gonzaga won they were in the discussion for greatest team of alltime.
Which is just nuts and speaks to how much he is devolved as a analyst.
I believe if those 2 teams last night played a 7 game series it would go 7 games.

That was just a game that Baylor blitzed Gonzaga off the dribble and it was never a game.
For a Syracuse game reference it was like the 2009 Oklahoma game.
OU just jumped on us right from the tap and was comfortably ahead the entire game..

I said this previously the PAC-12 should offer Gonzaga and BYU non-football membership.
It would help the PAC-12 network which I have never watched a game on because I have DIrecTV get an elite brand and it would help Gonzaga stay sharp after the New Year.

BYU would probably want in on football but if they didn’t want the partial membership then go to 13 teams with Gonzaga or find another team for 14.

Gonzaga is the type of team that you make a partial member for.
They have staying power.

That loss last night wasn’t bad. Baylor was a damn good team that just had Covid in February. There was a time before their stop they were the betting favorite over Gonzaga to win it all.

No team now can be an all time team, players just arent sticking around.

Not here to say "college basketball stinks" now or that it was better back in the day, but the talent drain is real.

You can argue "best season", but I don't think you can argue "best team". That ship has sailed.

No team now can be an all time team, players just arent sticking around.

Not here to say "college basketball stinks" now or that it was better back in the day, but the talent drain is real.

You can argue "best season", but I don't think you can argue "best team". That ship has sailed.
Agree completely.
That is what he should have argued.

Talent in college hoops isn’t developed like it was before the OAD era.

Zion Williamson would be a Junior in college 30 years ago.

Stop comparing teams to Baylor .. this is a truly great team you rarely run into in modern college BBall .. they could play this game 10 times and Baylor wins 7 or 8 of them
Yes. I watched a bunch of both teams games and knew it was going to be a Baylor blowout. Deep team and very athletic 1 to 5. Plays great D and strokes the 3.

Our eyes didn't deceive us- Baylor looked like the better team on Saturday and they were the better team tonight. Gonzaga won some big 'confrontation games' early in the season against Kansas, Auburn, West Virginia, Iowa and Virginia and had the best resume at that time. They may have been the best team but they averaged 95 points in those games and gave up 80 points a game. Those five teams wound up with 49 losses. The West Coast Conference offered no real challenges. They beat Norfolk State, a 16 seed, Oklahoma (8), Creighton (5), Southern California (6) and UCLA (11) in the Big Dance. Those teams lost 46 games this year. The Zags were legit but they weren't the best.

They fell behind 0-9 early and the Bear stretched that to 14-33. After that, the Zags made mini-runs but never really turned the game around. Comebacks are about defense and they'd spent the season out-scoring people and couldn't get the stops they needed to overcome the big deficit. Baylor may have been the best team all along. they were certainly the best team tonight and a very deserving champion.
Question for SWC75 have we been eliminated by the eventual NC that often? Outside of 1987 and 1996 I can’t think of any times outside of 2000 Michigan State.

Villanova under Wright has been eliminated by the eventual NC in that tournament 6 times in just the last 16 years.

North Carolina 2005, Florida 2006, Kansas 2008, North Carolina 2009, UConn 2014, Baylor 2021.

Facts. We don’t have them
Funny thing is three of those four guards weren't even successfully recruited by Baylor. They transferred in. Drew did an unbelievable job building that squad.

Funny thing is three of those four guards weren't even successfully recruited by Baylor. They transferred in. Drew did an unbelievable job building that squad.
We need to do the same asap!!! We have no playmaker . We need a dribble drive guard with speed and pg skills.

Believe it or not ...

They're stealing bettors' money at +550. Suggs, Kispert and Ayayi definitely gone. Not sure on Timme but that's a lot of firepower to replace. I'd say by Thanksgiving that # moves closer to +1,000.

We need to do the same asap!!! We have no playmaker . We need a dribble drive guard with speed and pg skills.
I agree. It must be a great feeling to have a PG that can either blow by their man and get into the lane or stick a three in his face. Baylor had four guys that could do that to varying degrees. Probably as good as any group of guards I've ever seen on the college level.

I agree. It must be a great feeling to have a PG that can either blow by their man and get into the lane or stick a three in his face. Baylor had four guys that could do that to varying degrees. Probably as good as any group of guards I've ever seen on the college level.
With hesitation and body control moves

Question for SWC75 have we been eliminated by the eventual NC that often? Outside of 1987 and 1996 I can’t think of any times outside of 2000 Michigan State.

Villanova under Wright has been eliminated by the eventual NC in that tournament 6 times in just the last 16 years.

North Carolina 2005, Florida 2006, Kansas 2008, North Carolina 2009, UConn 2014, Baylor 2021.

1957 UNC, Indiana 1987, Kentucky 1996, Michigan State 2000.

I’m ok. Let’s just say I might have put a last second smidgen hedge bet on baylor that I didn’t want bpo57 to know about. So my pain was mitigated.
Good move, 690. I did some hedging myself. At +1000 I had to. It was a good tournament. As with the NFL and college football, I'm glad they pushed forward. Very entertaining.

Suggs did too after an and one.
Looked like Zags might get back in it at the time, think they cut it to 10 and Suggs was trying to get fans and team fired up.
Not sure what the issue was for him doing that, a common move a lot of guys would of done.

Looked like Zags might get back in it at the time, think they cut it to 10 and Suggs was trying to get fans and team fired up.
Not sure what the issue was for him doing that, a common move a lot of guys would of done.
They were never in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom