NCSt is going down | Syracusefan.com

NCSt is going down

GoSU96

Living Legend
SU has played by far the harder schedule. While SU has lost badly twice and has a losing record, NCSt has played one hard game in 5.

They lost to Wake, which is not a good team at all, and one of their wins is by two points over a 2-3 Richmond team.

Three wins , 2-4 La Tech, which is really bad under Skippy, the above mentioned Richmond game, and a bad 2-4 Central Michigan team. La Tech, CMU, and Wake have three of the worst offenses in D-1. To put it into context SU has the second best offense that NCST will have played this year.

Even with the loose pass defense SU is probably the 2nd best they have faced this year. Wake seems to play a lot of bend don't break, but they aren't a play making unit and they don't put up much of a fight in the redzone.

SU has played by far the harder schedule. While SU has lost badly twice and has a losing record, NCSt has played one hard game in 5.

They lost to Wake, which is not a good team at all, and one of their wins is by two points over a 2-3 Richmond team.

Three wins , 2-4 La Tech, which is really bad under Skippy, the above mentioned Richmond game, and a bad 2-4 Central Michigan team. La Tech, CMU, and Wake have three of the worst offenses in D-1. To put it into context SU has the second best offense that NCST will have played this year.

Even with the loose pass defense SU is probably the 2nd best they have faced this year. Wake seems to play a lot of bend don't break, but they aren't a play making unit and they don't put up much of a fight in the redzone.

This really is the most important game of the year. Need to get at least one conference road win, this is the weakest of the road opponents, and it would bury them with three conference losses right out of the gate.

yep that's basically what I was inferring in my take after watching the film. Barring a turnover barrage and self inflicted type things we should win this game.

This really is the most important game of the year. Need to get at least one conference road win, this is the weakest of the road opponents, and it would bury them with three conference losses right out of the gate.

This is the most important game of the year. I believe Wake Forest should be a W along with Maryland and BC.

I don't think we beat Georgia Tech. I think FSU destroys us..

We win vs NC State...

Our home game vs. Pitt could be the biggest game Syracuse football has played in a long time. A 6 win season in our first year in the ACC would be, in my opinion a massive success.

Especially considering we have a sophomore first year starting QB and lost several key starters from last year.

I thought they looked faster and more athletic than we did playing Clemson.

I haven't seen anything this year that would indicate we should win. I see this being a dog fight or we get roughed up.

They beat Louisiana Tech 40-14. LT lost to Tulane at home. Now I don't put too much stock in that, because they obviously showed a lot more against Clemson than we did, but we can absolutely play with NCSU and beat them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to say the season's over (ie, bowl) if we lose to NC State, but... it could be pretty much over.

I thought they looked faster and more athletic than we did playing Clemson.

I haven't seen anything this year that would indicate we should win. I see this being a dog fight or we get roughed up.

Our guys are fast enough... when they aren't flat footed starring into the backfield or running the wrong direction. Athleticism isn't the issue at this point, it's issues between the ears for some of the guys. If/when the lights come on they could still be pretty good for the most part.

You're right this is the most important game of the season at this point. If your boy doesn't get this one I don't see him getting GT or UMD.

Getting this one sets up the three home games as all equally important.

6-6 modest success.

7-5 surprising success

5-7 disappointing.

Our guys are fast enough... when they aren't flat footed starring into the backfield or running the wrong direction. Athleticism isn't the issue at this point, it's issues between the ears for some of the guys. If/when the lights come on they could still be pretty good for the most part.

Not talking about the wrong position and flat footed parts of the game... You thought that we looked just as athletic against Clemson as NCstate did?

You're right this is the most important game of the season at this point. If your boy doesn't get this one I don't see him getting GT or UMD.

6-6 modest success.

7-5 surprising success

5-7 disappointing.

It's always fun when our "fans" actively hope our head coach fails.

It's always fun when our "fans" actively hope our head coach fails.

I don't hope he fails. I expect to him to fail based on what we've seen so far. I hope I'm wrong and he pleasantly surprises me. I'm not calling for him to fired, unless he keeps having embarrassing sideline outbursts.

He's here for at least three years. I hope he wins. But, other than the eternal hope of an SU fan I've seen nothing to make me think he can prepare a team to win on the road in Raleigh, or MD or GT.

I find it fun that fans think they have to "support" and "love" their coach to be fans. I'm a Giants fan, never liked Allie Sherman. I'm a Celtics fan, never liked K.C. Jones or Rick Pitino. It's nice when you like the guy coaching your team, but it's not required to still root for the team to win. You are just not surprised when they lose.

Not talking about the wrong position and flat footed parts of the game... You thought that we looked just as athletic against Clemson as NCstate did?

I didn't see the NC State game but I didn't think athleticism, aside from the WR group, was the issue vs Clemson. Watkins out ran our entire secondary but he has transcendent speed/acceleration.

This game scare me to death. Long time ago, but...

In 1998, SU went to North Carolina State and lost 38-17. It was a McNabb-led SU team that had lost to eventual champion Tennessee by one, beat Michigan at the Big House and pounded Rutgers 70-14.

It was a very good SU team that eventually went to the Orange Bowl.

In 1998, SU went to North Carolina State and lost 38-17. It was a McNabb-led SU team that had lost to eventual champion Tennessee by one, beat Michigan at the Big House and pounded Rutgers 70-14.

That game was ugly. A very good SU team that just got beat down at NCST.

Hey, we beat Clemson a billion years ago on a neutral site. (Actually, a mere few months before the Tory Holt game you referenced.

1997 doesn't mean squat.

6-6 modest success.

7-5 surprising success

5-7 disappointing.

I don't hope he fails. I expect to him to fail based on what we've seen so far. I hope I'm wrong and he pleasantly surprises me. I'm not calling for him to fired, unless he keeps having embarrassing sideline outbursts.

He's here for at least three years. I hope he wins. But, other than the eternal hope of an SU fan I've seen nothing to make me think he can prepare a team to win on the road in Raleigh, or MD or GT.

I find it fun that fans think they have to "support" and "love" their coach to be fans. I'm a Giants fan, never liked Allie Sherman. I'm a Celtics fan, never liked K.C. Jones or Rick Pitino. It's nice when you like the guy coaching your team, but it's not required to still root for the team to win. You are just not surprised when they lose.

Look clown, I've expressed my feelings about his sideline antics, but at the end of the day that has little impact on how he manages the program overall, just like Marrone's restrained behavior didn't either.

I'm not sure what you could have seen so far that lead you to expect him to fail. Other than to have mistakenly taken a job at Michigan all the guy has done is done in his career is perform with excellence. He was an integral part of reviving this program, and because of that you expect him to fail?

You've brought up press conferences a couple of times, and what that has to do with his capability of being the HC is beyond me.

Mac was a good BS'er who played the press and glad handed the fans. He was also to a large extent a delegator who recruited and left the details to an excellent staff. He gave good quotes, and he still almost got canned.

P was beyond shy and outside of his world had trouble connecting with people. Guy was an excellent coach, X and O, teacher, gameplanner. Outworked the next guy and for the most part did an excellent job. Basically the opposite of Macphearson. But his press conferences were filled with coach speak and cliche ums and ahs.

Gerg was a disorganized mess in everything. About the only guy that you could say his communications skills reflected how he did the job. He was basically incoherent in any public setting I ever heard him, rambling, disconnected, no organization or through line on what he was trying to say. A bunch of blather that in the end amounted to nothing.

Marrone was a guy who you could tell being in front of a mic was not his natural setting but he worked it and forced himself to do better. I don't think public speaking came naturally to him at all. He was certaintly ly at times but he was also one of the best at giving clear answers to questions to the point of overcommunicating at times. With people he trusted he was very open, he gave Rahme almost total access to the program. He also tried to be a seller of the program to the community and when there wasn't much return on that investment of time, he got out of that business.

Shafer if you ever listen to him is a very good public speaker, he exudes confidence and leadership. He is also really motivated to try to up the support of the program, and he is in full on sell mode much of the time. I think some of the blue collar hardnose friggin this friggin that lock them in the dome is a little over the top, but that's how he is trying to brand the program. He's also the most crisp and clear when he in a press conference setting of all the guys listed here. He doesn't come across as a meathead idiot and I've never seen a deer in the headlights act out of him. It's also obvious that this job means a lot to him and that he wears his heart on his sleeve. Does he need to tone it down, in my opinion sure, but that has nothing to do with his ability to do the job.

If you are really basing your assessment on his ability to do the job based on his sideline demeanor or a press conference, you're an idiot.

Thursday night game, and instead of staying with what worked, which was running Konrad up the middle, they decided to use it as a showcase game for McNabb's Heisman run, which blew up on three ints that night. That and a beat up secondary didn't have an answer for Tory Holt, and he ain't running through that tunnel on Saturday.

I don't think so. We have beat a weak fac school and a weak non bus school. What I saw on Saturday leads me to believe nc state by 17. Mark it down I would love to be wrong but I don't think so

I don't think so. We have beat a weak fac school and a weak non bus school. What I saw on Saturday leads me to believe nc state by 17. Mark it down I would love to be wrong but I don't think so

What has NC State beat that makes them so great? Think they have the edge at home and will likely win, but they aren't exactly world beaters.

I'm telling you, do not take this team, or stadium, to lightly. It is a tough place to play. They ring all the way around you and are close to the field. They did not sit down for clemson, but i do not know if that was because of the ranking. I am guessing it is not.

Their new coach Dave Doeren is from NIU and is very crafty, they will misdirect, use lots of motion and he definitely has some tricks up his sleeve. Best thing is they are having some QB problems. That could be a big asset when we send the dogs.

Don't think this is a cake walk. The espn announcers mentioned a few times it was loud during the clemson game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom