Need to find a juco qb next year | Syracusefan.com

Need to find a juco qb next year

dasher

Living Legend
someone who can come right in and play. Or maybe a transfer from another school this year.

Why? Who is to say that Terrel Hunt can't play? And if we hang onto Austin Wilson, who is to say he can't play, as well?

Why? Who is to say that Terrel Hunt can't play? And if we hang onto Austin Wilson, who is to say he can't play, as well?
Well, if one can play, what if he gets hurt?

Well, if one can play, what if he gets hurt?
You always face those issues, year in and year out. We still have Broyld on the roster, too. And who is to say we won't go out and recruit a stud HS QB next year?

You always face those issues, year in and year out. We still have Broyld on the roster, too. And who is to say we won't go out and recruit a stud HS QB next year?
That was part of my plan as well. A juco and a stud. The stud doesn't come in and start on day 1. Too tough.

I think the coaching staff needs to commit Broyld to a position. Maybe this is a sign that position is quarterback.

I think the coaching staff needs to commit Broyld to a position. Maybe this is a sign that position is quarterback.

Somehow I don't see Broyld being the guy who runs a no-huddle, spread offense. Just my feeling based on things I've heard.

why not, pray tell. The qb is here? I sure don't see him after Loeb.

Not sure on this. I understand why, but Allen wasn't going to play as a true frosh, so him and Wilson would be at the same spot (and I haven't seen Wilson play, so he may not need a redshirt).

I don't think a JUCO comes in and plays Day 1 because JUCO signing day has already begun. Not exactly choosing from the cream of the crop.

If you truly believe Shafer is going to hire a quality OC, then you should be able to get a guy to play year 1 in next years cycle (be it JUCO or high school).

What's story on Ashanti woulard?
Well, they say he's as big as a mountain, fights bears with his bare hands, and once successfully waged a land war in Russia in winter. Least, that's the story on him, anyway...

Why doesn't everyone just wait until we see who the new OC is? The offense as it was the last 7 games changed from the pass happy, throw all over the place, to a balanced attack between pass and run. The balance turned out to be better, because defenses couldn't plan for just one thing. The new OC is going to have his own idea what type of QB he wants, and if he's good the fast paced offense he runs will fit the players we have on hand.

Well, they say he's as big as a mountain, fights bears with his bare hands, and once successfully waged a land war in Russia in winter. Least, that's the story on him, anyway...

I'm down with all of that, but is he hard nosed and hungry?

someone who can come right in and play. Or maybe a transfer from another school this year.

.???? ZA was not starting this year.

Man talk about a bunch of "the sky is falling" posts today. This is laughable.

I am glad others see things through my glasses as well.

i think we all wanted zach allen here but lets not act like he is the end all be all . Are team isnt about 1 player .

It was never a given that ZA was ever going to win the starting job anyway. He could be a bust. We may already have our starting QB on the roster. Dave R recently said Kinder may surprise some people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom