New 2016 Commit! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New 2016 Commit!

Don't get me wrong - I am high on this commitment and I like to really like Matthew's potential. I am all for making comparos at the next level, ie, a high school kid being compared to a college kid is OK by me.

But to compare a 90th ranked kid two years away from even being in college to Chris Bosh is getting way ahead of ourselves IMHO.

I thought he was talking about Cmac?

I thought he was talking about Cmac?
After re-reading the threads I think you are correct, but I still would say a Bosh comparo is pre-mature for a kid who hasn't as yet played a college game.

It goes without saying that he, like everyone who has committed to Syracuse in the last few years, is a basketball player with a ton of potential.)

More intriguing, Moyer sounds like an fascinating kid with terrific parents. With Boeheim almost certain to be out of the picture at some point during this kid's career, it will be interesting to see how his well-rounded life evolves and adapts to the demands of high-level basketball at this program.

After re-reading the threads I think you are correct, but I still would say a Bosh comparo is pre-mature for a kid who hasn't as yet played a college game.
I said max upside pro potential. Meaning if he ever reaches his highest ceiling that's the kind of player that I think he could be. Will he ever reach that, who knows and that's why I said he could be Perry Jones. A highly talented player who just never puts it together to reach his highest potential. I've seen CMac play a bunch of times over the past few years and I'm not talking about 2 minute highlight clips. So I would like to think that I know what I'm talking about here when it comes to McCullough, because I've always kept it 100 whether positive or negative about him.

Don't get me wrong - I am high on this commitment and I like to really like Matthew's potential. I am all for making comparos at the next level, ie, a high school kid being compared to a college kid is OK by me.

But to compare a 90th ranked kid two years away from even being in college to Chris Bosh is getting way ahead of ourselves IMHO.
I know, that's crazy talk right. o44Z9.png

Cuse13078 said:
hold on I didn't know we were allowed to question Francis evails? lol
Da ballz on those 2!

hold on I didn't know we were allowed to question Francis evails? lol
Nothing wrong with disagreeing because different opinions is always a good thing. Just know the points that you're trying to argue first before wasting time, because I never compared Moyer to Bosh or said CMac was going to be Bosh right away lol. But at this site we shoot first and ask questions last.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing because different opinions is always a good thing. Just know the points that you're trying to argue first before wasting time, because I never compared Moyer to Bosh or said CMac was going to be Bosh right away lol. But at this site we shoot first and ask questions last.

Francis, I am interested if you agree with my opinion about CMac from your observations. When I watch the two minute videos he reminds of bigger, stronger, heavier Jerami Grant. He may not jump as high but he's very strong and active around the basket. He reminds me of a bigger version of Grant.

Check out this video. I think CMac needs to work a little harder on his dunking. Clearly you can see from the video his second and third step needs to be stronger:

Even so I just have a feeling CMac is going to be a force down low.

Last edited:
LOVE the fact that his only visit was in the summer and he still committed. It tells me that he is all business. He cares more about basketball and academics than he cares about who has the best frat parties or most attractive co-eds.

Francis, I am interested if you agree with my opinion about CMac from your observations. When I watch the two minute videos he reminds of bigger, stronger, heavier Jerami Grant. He may not jump as high but he's very strong and active around the basket. He reminds me of a bigger version of Grant.

Check out this video. I think CMac needs to work a little harder on his dunking. Clearly you can see from the video his second and third step needs to be stronger:

Grant is another good one that I could see. I actually expect his numbers for this season coming up to be comparable to what Grant just put up this past season. You're right though, we're going to need him to produce and grind hard around the paint. I hope he doesn't get too perimeter happy and tries to be Kevin Durant or Paul George, because he has stated before that he wants to be a 3.

Yikes. Can we get this man on the receiving end of a Syracuse fast break already? I know that that people said that there are issues with his motor but if we run it a bit more this year, CMac is going to be lethal.

He needs to work harder on his dunking? What am I missing here?

Yikes. Can we get this man on the receiving end of a Syracuse fast break already? I know that that people said that there are issues with his motor but if we run it a bit more this year, CMac is going to be lethal.
Running in transition is probably his best attribute. Dude looks like a tall 400m runner out there whenever he gets moving in the fast pace. He's going to do much better with KJ running the show more so than Ennis and the slower pace.

He needs to work harder on his dunking? What am I missing here?

I was being a little sarcastic! That was some crazy stuff he was doing!!!! It's hard to imagine he's not going to be a major force in the low post.

Yikes is right! That is one crazy video!!! I like the one 10 second bit where it's dunk-dunk-dunk-dunk-dunk.

Believe it or not, MM is a Michigan fan. That was his first choice, his dream school.

As long as he's not a UCONN fan that's pretty much all that matters!

LOVE the fact that his only visit was in the summer and he still committed. It tells me that he is all business. He cares more about basketball and academics than he cares about who has the best frat parties or most attractive co-eds.

Speaking of LOVE, for the record, co-eds are an important consideration as far as I am concerned.

He cares more about basketball and academics than he cares about who has the best frat parties or most attractive co-eds.

Yikes. Sounds like his priorities are out of whack. I for one am happy they are as I think he'll be a fantastic ambassador for SU bball.

Running in transition is probably his best attribute. Dude looks like a tall 400m runner out there whenever he gets moving in the fast pace. He's going to do much better with KJ running the show more so than Ennis and the slower pace.

Francis, im sure this has been covered before so I apologise for being to lazy to go dig up the discussion but one thing that stands out to me in the clips is his size. Often you will get players listed at 6'10 who are really 6'8, but CMac looks every inch of the 6'9 - 6'10 he is listed at. What are your observations on his height having seen him as much as you have and in person? Thank you in advance good sir!

Francis, im sure this has been covered before so I apologise for being to lazy to go dig up the discussion but one thing that stands out to me in the clips is his size. Often you will get players listed at 6'10 who are really 6'8, but CMac looks every inch of the 6'9 - 6'10 he is listed at. What are your observations on his height having seen him as much as you have and in person? Thank you in advance good sir!

He's close to 6'10".

Virtually every time I see a basketball player, I think 'Damn, he's not close to his listed height.' Chris is. He is a very tall person.

CMac listed height is very much accurate. He has always officially measured out at 6'9 in events over the past few years and looks to be a solid 6'10 now.

Funny thing to say since he randomly committed out of the clear blue sky about 24 hours after Syracuse was named the #1 party school in the USA.