New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise

http://www.broncosports.com/genrel/mark_coyle_842629.html

11075892.jpeg

Known for his success in fundraising, Coyle enhanced revenue to the department with the successful implementation of the Priority Point System for the Bronco Athletic Association. All told, the Bronco Athletic Association has raised more than $40 million since his arrival, including multiple seven-figure gifts and a $12.5 million naming gift from Albertsons to name the football stadium Albertsons Stadium.

Furthermore, Coyle renegotiated the multi-media marketing rights agreement with Learfield Communications valued at more than $42 million in guaranteed revenue for the department.

As a result of the record fundraising, the department has completed several high profile capital improvements, including a new state-of-the-art football complex, a new video board at Albertsons Stadium, renovation to the men's and women's basketball practice courts, a new outdoor football practice field, a new softball stadium, a new outdoor track and field facility and several locker room renovations for multiple Olympic Sports. Additionally, the academic center was renovated to better meet the needs and demands of the student-athletes.

Coyle currently serves on the governing board of the Collegiate Sports Summit, is the athletic director representative on the Mountain West Executive Committee and serves as the Mountain West football liaison between the conference office and the head football coaches.

Prior to arriving in Boise, Coyle served as Deputy Director of Athletics at the University of Kentucky. During his tenure, he oversaw the day-to-day operations of an $83 million self-sufficient, 22-sport department. In addition, under his leadership, Kentucky athletics reached record fundraising levels, securing more than $140 million in annual donations and capital pledges that resulted in the construction of multiple facilities impacting all 22 sports. He also supervised the men's basketball program, which advanced to the 2011 NCAA Final Four.

Coyle joined the University of Kentucky from the University of Minnesota, where he served in a number of capacities, most recently as Associate Athletics Director for External Relations. Under his guidance, the marketing staff was recognized as the top marketing staff in the Big Ten Conference and he successfully negotiated a multi-media marketing rights agreement with Learfield Communications.

Prior to joining Minnesota, Coyle served as Vice President of the Collegiate Sports Division at Host Communications, Inc. He gained valuable experience in negotiating and managing multi-media marketing rights agreements with several Division I universities and conferences, including the University of Notre Dame, the University of Michigan, the University of Texas, the University of Kentucky, the University of Tennessee and the Southeastern Conference.

This was from when he was a finalist for the Pitt job

Mark Coyle, Boise State:
While he wasn't responsible for Boise State's rise as a football power Coyle has maintained it during his three-plus years at Boise State, leveraging the football team's national prominence into improvement of other programs. He kept the football program operating at a high level after Chris Peterson left, making an outside the program hire and bringing in Bryan Harsin from Arkansas State. Hairson had previously worked as Boise State's offensive coordinator.

The basketball team hasn't been particularly strong but has made NCAA Tournament appearances in two of the past three years.

He has previously worked at Kentucky, Minnesota, Florida State and Miami and boasts significant multimedia rights experience. He was also brought in after an NCAA investigation and has kept Boise State from further trouble while navigating a probation period.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...r_candidates_could_offer_clues_to_syracu.html

OMG I LOVE this hire!!!

Man if he puts an Orange Field in we'll really start pulling top recruits

OMG !!!!

Terrific hire. Home run. Well done, committee.

And yes, I'm dropping this here. Sue me. But don't really sue me. http://.com/mark-coyle-is-the-new-syracuse-athletics-director/

OMG I LOVE this hire!!!

Man if he puts an Orange Field in we'll really start pulling top recruits

OMG !!!!

We just finished installing the new green field. Pretty sure they don't have a return policy. :cool:

Don't claim to know anything about him. But he is a guy who worked at a non football powerhouse and helped maintain its success. He is a fundraising giant in the Midwest.

Both are things we really need. Hopefully we get to hear from him soon on his vision for the school

Fundraiser, check. P5 experience, check. Academics, check. Capable of keeping a football program afloat on G5 money, check.

Only thing to yet to be determined is if he is a traditionalist and wants to go back to our old unis, best uniforms ever in college football. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Love the hire, checks some boxes I think everyone agreed needed to be checked.

The only concern I have, if any at all, is at face value he seems to be a guy trying to climb the ladder. Great while he's here, but, is the stability there?

Regardless, very happy.

Another thing I like, even though I know it wasn't just him, is Syverud continues to make what appears to be really solid decisions.

Very excited about the future on the hill.

Understands the importance of football...check.

Successful experience with fund raising...check.

Welcome aboard. Let's Go Orange.

Is Axe stealing your material? Or are you axe?

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 38s38 seconds ago

Mark Coyle checks off football. Also known for fundraising ability and Boise St sports had highest academic success in school history w/him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom