New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise

I really want Jeannie to drop in and transport all the good things from the 90's to the current team and fair weather fans. Most especially the fair weather fans so they will realize that not only is SU football is the best bargain in town but realize there will come a day when they are back in the top 20. And then those fair weather fans will be wishing for their own Jeannie to get them a ticket to a game.

iu

Are you talking about Joe Frazier? I would rather him be the AD and he is dead than Herm Frazier.

He is talking about Sean Frazier, the AD at NIU, who would be a great get but apparently not happening. Herm as AD? Shudder.

He is talking about Sean Frazier, the AD at NIU, who would be a great get but apparently not happening. Herm as AD? Shudder.

Wasn't thinking of the NIU AD...the name Frazier makes me very uneasy when talking about college athletics. The words incompetent and useless come to mind.

Wasn't thinking of the NIU AD...the name Frazier makes me very uneasy when talking about college athletics. The words incompetent and useless come to mind.
Actually, the one you're referring to is probably coming in very handy at this time of transition. I suspect that he'll be on the books for one more year.

todd_frazier1c.jpg

While we're at it, how about Todd Frazier? He's a young up and comer. You can't go wrong with the Toddfather! Plus his wife is a little bit of alright as well!

I'd give Todd Frazier a job before I kept Herm Frazier another year. If he's doing a lot during the transition, it sure isn't scheduling OOC football games.

I'd give Todd Frazier a job before I kept Herm Frazier another year. If he's doing a lot during the transition, it sure isn't scheduling OOC football games.

I think Herm gets a lot of undeserved shiit on this board. He got CMU at 2-for-1 and got a true home-and-home with LSU. SU may not sign/announce non-conference series as often as you (or I) would like, but it's not like the games aren't going to be scheduled. And now that there is no permanent AD at the moment, it is harder to do so.

I think Herm gets a lot of undeserved shiit on this board. He got CMU at 2-for-1 and got a true home-and-home with LSU. SU may not sign/announce non-conference series as often as you (or I) would like, but it's not like the games aren't going to be scheduled. And now that there is no permanent AD at the moment, it is harder to do so.
I don't know who makes the final call on things with the schedule and am unsure of Herm's actual involvement.

I do know Syracuse has consistently been the last or among the last P5 schools to complete their schedule for each upcoming year. We are dramatically behind peer schools filling out our schedule for the next 10 plus years. When you wait so late in the game to schedule games, guess what? You lose out on the attractive opponents and situations you should be targeting and you end up doing things like playing Missouri on the road with no return game.

The inability to fashion winnable, reasonable OOC schedules has played a major role preventing the program from improving how it is perceived and has surely played a big part in the team not going bowling several times in recent years.

IMHO, scheduling has been a disaster. Sorry, I can't agree with you on this at all.

Duke was in the same situation Syracuse was 5 years or so ago. They scheduled early, scheduled a lot of games against winnable opponents OOC and turned their program around. They should serve as a model for how to schedule for success.

Future schedules games scheduled OOC by school:

Syracuse 4
Wake Forest 4
Duke 4
NC State 4

Syracuse 2
Wake Forest 4
Duke 4
NC State 4

Syracuse 2
Wake Forest 4
Duke 3
NC State 4

Syracuse 2
Wake Forest 4
Duke 3
NC State 4

Syracuse 1
Wake Forest 4
Duke 3
NC State 2

Syracuse 0
Wake Forest 4
Duke 1
NC State 2

Syracuse 1
Wake Forest 3
Duke 0
NC State 2

One of the first challenges for the new AD, whoever it might be, is to address the mess that we currently have with OOC scheduling. Things were not left in a good state here.

i did not say that the bucknell job was better, i said it was stable. what i did say is that the su job is a tough sell. i think you over estimate the su position. we have been listed as the worst football coaching spot in the acc to say nothing about nationally perception as a power 5. the bucknell guy had been here and says no---whats does that say of how he sees the support???the su job is for the up and comer, not for the experienced. i am not saying thats bad but i am saying that is where the appeal will be. you are naive to ignore the negativity of this position given the instability of the athletic program and UNKOWN commitment from a new chancellor who is "belt tightening".the only major plus is the acc money.
He did not "say no." That is a stretch by you. His agent may have only been contacted as the search firm was developing a candidate list. Even our lowest point in football (which is the premier sport in college athletics), is miles higher than bucknell's position. I really don't feel like bashing bucknell more, it's not their fault, or his fault he was named in a rumor. Syracuse is not a tough sell. It is one of the best 60 jobs in the country for an AD. There are areas for growth and development, and some areas where we have best in class facilities and programs in major sports (arguably top 5 in lax and hoops). Cuse will get a great person for the role, not worried in the least.

tomcat stated why I feel that way. OOC scheduling has been killing the football program and the perception difference between 6-6 and 8-4. No one cares that Duke and Baylor racked up wins against patsies.

tomcat stated why I feel that way. OOC scheduling has been killing the football program and the perception difference between 6-6 and 8-4. No one cares that Duke and Baylor racked up wins against patsies.

Well... they did kind of... the committee wasn't wowed by Baylor's OOC. I'd say you grow and change perception by scheduling wins - but you have to start to schedule up as you win and recruit better.

An enviable position in any regard.

I didn't think of that with Baylor since I felt TCU was the team that got jobbed there, but good point.

That being said I don't think any of us would complain if we spent next Jan-Aug talking about getting screwed out of the CFP by our weak OOC instead of what we've had this off-season

tcu lost to baylor.

end of their story.

no championship game.

end of the baylor & bevo story.

scheduling shouldnt be this hard...

I didn't think of that with Baylor since I felt TCU was the team that got jobbed there, but good point.

That being said I don't think any of us would complain if we spent next Jan-Aug talking about getting screwed out of the CFP by our weak OOC instead of what we've had this off-season

I would LOVE to read threads like that all offseason.

Alsacs said:
I would love Carparelli. The guy was my number 1 choice several months ago.

John Hardt and Nick were 1 and 2 in my book. I gave the edge to John, as he's been an AD. So much for that logic. Hope it's Nick. Orange is in his DNA.

I would love Carparelli. The guy was my number 1 choice several months ago.

At a bare minimum, we'd have better uniforms and a better schedule. What's not to like?

Duke was in the same situation Syracuse was 5 years or so ago. They scheduled early, scheduled a lot of games against winnable opponents OOC and turned their program around.

Things were not left in a good state here.

As much as I hate to say it, it worked for Rutgers as well.

Franz69 said:
At a bare minimum, we'd have better uniforms and a better schedule. What's not to like?
Why, is there an issue with the uniforms? ;)

He did not "say no." That is a stretch by you. His agent may have only been contacted as the search firm was developing a candidate list. Even our lowest point in football (which is the premier sport in college athletics), is miles higher than bucknell's position. I really don't feel like bashing bucknell more, it's not their fault, or his fault he was named in a rumor. Syracuse is not a tough sell. It is one of the best 60 jobs in the country for an AD. There are areas for growth and development, and some areas where we have best in class facilities and programs in major sports (arguably top 5 in lax and hoops). Cuse will get a great person for the role, not worried in the least.
thanks for the reply---wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom