New, Exciting Topic: Bringing in a WR Coach | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

New, Exciting Topic: Bringing in a WR Coach

Oh come on. Syracuse is paying big money for soccer, womans lacrosse, track and tennis. If they can pay those people that kind of money with very little return then they can buck up and pay football coaches that bring half of their operating budget.

It would make sense if Rocco were replacing Eric White as director of recruiting. White finishes off the recruiting cycle in Syracuse and the Rocco takes over in February.

Very good point. I didn't even consider that. If we could get him at that position it would be even better.

Not in a half empty stadium..How much beer can 10 fans drink?
image.jpg

Oh come on. Syracuse is paying big money for soccer, womans lacrosse, track and tennis. If they can pay those people that kind of money with very little return then they can buck up and pay football coaches that bring half of their operating budget.

Well I hope SU learned their lesson with Jensen and aren't paying the current HC anywhere in that neighborhood.

It isn't Rocco. It isn't a WR coach. And you will all be hearing soon as the hire has been made.

It isn't Rocco. It isn't a WR coach. And you will all be hearing soon as the hire has been made.

Not sure what happened here. There was intense speculation on several other guys, but they ended hiring that fits the "keeping it in the family" mold.

I'm hoping all of the changes/hires aren't done just yet. Stay tuned.

Any chance we can replace gross with culbit. That would be the cherry ontop

Any chance we can replace gross with culbit. That would be the cherry ontop
Well, they already tried with a Chancellor from the Midwest, but that continued the (then slide) and only helped the program for a few years.

Never understand these type of posts.

Never understand these type of posts.
What part of that don't you get. Basketball and football bring in 95% of the money. so instead of paying a million for a tennis coach that brings in $200 why not cut the tennis coachs salary and invest the money back into the football coaches budget. That would be a good investment and the return would be greater. Let me break it down some more. More wins = more fans= more revenue from beer, tickets sales, dome dogs, merchandise. Get it now?! Or are you in favor of a losing football team and I favor of soccer, field hockey and girls hockey dominating. I honestly could Careless if Joey bag of donuts daughter who plays for Syracuses ping pong team goes 10-0.

What part of that don't you get. Basketball and football bring in 95% of the money. so instead of paying a million for a tennis coach that brings in $200 why not cut the tennis coachs salary and invest the money back into the football coaches budget. That would be a good investment and the return would be greater. Let me break it down some more. More wins = more fans= more revenue from beer, tickets sales, dome dogs, merchandise. Get it now?! Or are you in favor of a losing football team and I favor of soccer, field hockey and girls hockey dominating. I honestly could Careless if Joey bag of donuts daughter who plays for Syracuses ping pong team goes 10-0.

Why does everybody pick on Joey?