New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN

Hasn't helped Rutgers, don't think it will help UConn, at least on the field.

You obviously weren't around when B.C. had some good teams. They played us at the garden and it was packed. When the eagles are decent they draw more than enough. No one anywhere cares when you suck.
You mean when Tom Coughlin turned them into something , yea , I been around. I will ask you this ; Does ANY team in the ACC care if they play BC again in any sport?

You mean when Tom Coughlin turned them into something , yea , I been around. I will ask you this ; Does ANY team in the ACC care if they play BC again in any sport?

We did when we stopped. So there is that.

We did when we stopped. So there is that.
I have real animosity towards SPITT . Like this upcoming BBall game at home . I hope Dixon's perm goes flat. BC , they are like an ex that you hope does well but have no real emotional struggle with at all.

BC has some history in both major sports. I suppose if someone is 25 or younger that may not seem like the case. But then. I wonder what someone under 25 thinks about SU.

I have real animosity towards SPITT . Like this upcoming BBall game at home . I hope Dixon's perm goes flat. BC , they are like an ex that you hope does well but have no real emotional struggle with at all.

It' a good school. We have lots of alumni and fans in Boston. And they were playing hoop and fb at a high level in 2003. When we lost them we lost both good games and a great regional game in one of America's great cities. That was my (extended) point earlier.

It' a good school. We have lots of alumni and fans in Boston. And they were playing hoop and fb at a high level in 2003. When we lost them we lost both good games and a great regional game in one of America's great cities. That was my (extended) point earlier.
Same question : Your the League commissioner and your on the clock to make your pick and you have to make a pick of a school from New England , who do you pick?

Same question : Your the League commissioner and your on the clock to make your pick and you have to make a pick of a school from New England , who do you pick?
That decision has already been made by the ACC. It would be the same today. B.C. was taken before us.

That decision has already been made by the ACC. It would be the same today. B.C. was taken before us.
That was before UCONN moved up in football , there would be a different outcome today.

Nobody outside of Hartford gives a damn about UConn. So yeah BC still wins that argument.
You always employ emotional arguments. UCONN is a state university and is supported everywhere in the state of Connecticut and having won numerous championships in men's and women's basketball has fans all over the place.

You always employ emotional arguments. UCONN is a state university and is supported everywhere in the state of Connecticut and having won numerous championships in men's and women's basketball has fans all over the place.

How many students does UConn recruit outside of Connecticut? How many does Boston College? How many ACC alumni live in Boston? How many live in East Hartford? We can do this all day.

BC made some massive mistakes in their coaching fires, and UConn had an all time in JC. But times marches on.

Boston College is a nationally respected university. It does have a history of big wins in football. UConn has none. Boston is a rich city in both history and money. Uconn or hartford if you wish, not so much. There isn't a contest here, except in your mind. The ACC would take B.C. 100 out of 100 times. How many times does the ACC have to pass on UConn to get their message that no one wants them?

OK , I submit to your great logic.
Your logic is that they suck right now, and they do, so they wouldn't be the school to take. The Presidents look long term. Not right now. And there is no logical reason to take UConn over Boston College. Better city? Boston. more potential money to be had? Boston. Better school? Boston College. better woman's basketball team? UConn. No one other than UConn cares.

Your logic is that they suck right now, and they do, so they wouldn't be the school to take. The Presidents look long term. Not right now. And there is no logical reason to take UConn over Boston College. Better city? Boston. more potential money to be had? Boston. Better school? Boston College. better woman's basketball team? UConn. No one other than UConn cares.
Well , those are valid points , although you left men's basketball , which Trump's those off cards. But there is room for both.

MaxwellCuse started an important thread . If UCONN were to go into the B1G , it would really leave SU and BC isolated and weakened. I could see UCONN recruiting really being difficult to deal with at that point.

You couldn't be more wrong. There are not UConn fans all over the place, just in Connecticut which isn't important. For a basketball program that has been as successful as theirs it is crazy how little following they have. And no one cares about women's basketball.

If UCONN gets any traction at all from the B1G , Syracuse needs to jump the ACC ship and lobby the B1G to be team 16.

CousCuse said:
That was before UCONN moved up in football , there would be a different outcome today.

No. The ACC had THREE chances to add UConn. In 2003, 2011 *and* 2013. Each time they choose someone else.

No. The ACC had THREE chances to add UConn. In 2003, 2011 *and* 2013. Each time they choose someone else.
In 2003 UCONN did not have D1 football , ACC took BC for the New England market at that time. They were not going to take a second team from that region .

In 2003 UCONN did not have D1 football , ACC took BC for the New England market at that time. They were not going to take a second team from that region .

They started D1 in 2002 after a two year transition to play in the Big East.

If people wanted them, they'd be somewhere.