New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN

Of course. They've heard of Gonzaga too.
Last I looked UCONN has 4 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in basketball and Gonzaga has ZERO and Zero final 4 appearances.

UConn to the ACC is a non-starter.
UConn to the B1G is a non-starter.
UConn to the BigXII a remote possibility. Very remote. At least 3 teams in front of them.

UConn to the ACC is a non-starter.
UConn to the B1G is a non-starter.
UConn to the BigXII a remote possibility. Very remote. At least 3 teams in front of them.
Will the B1G expand to 16 and who would they go after.

Unless the B1G can get Oklahoma (or Texas, which I doubt), there is no reason for them to expand. If they get one to go to 15, UConn is WAAAAAY down the list for #16. UConn is just not #1 on anyone's list. They're just not. They don't move the needle.

The Big Ten wants to absorb ND so that it never again can be the school in the midwest that hurts the Big Ten. If it can't absorb ND, it wants to strike at the SEC. If that can be done while weakening ND's position, then so much the better. That means the Big Ten would agree to sacrifice 10,000 virgins to get UNC and UVA.

But that aint happening. And so the Big Ten is probably going to decide that adding KU and OU is its best bet, because that move provides the doubly boring BT West a marquee football rivalry and a national name brand in basketball, while going down the west side of MO to the TX border. That is a major move against the SEC.

If the Big Ten takes UConn, it is stupid or desperate.

Of course. They've heard of Gonzaga too.
Don't forget Butler, VCU, and Wichita State.

Is it possible that Yukon makes it into the P5 at some point? Sure. It's just not imminent.

There are currently 64+1 schools in the P-5. A symmetrical 4x16 would be Utopian, but won't happen. There are several issues... there are currently 5 conferences; schools are not geographically arranged for an easy 4x16 split.

The XII will likely go to 12, but that's it.

After a few more years, the ACC, B1G & SEC will agree that the current 6+1+1 scheduling doesn't work. Unless the season goes to 13 games, the scheduling restrictions for conferences will be lifted.

Look for the conference TV rights agreements to be extended well before they expire.

If the XII breaks up, it's more likely that MD & RU join the ACC, 2 XII schools join the SEC and 4 others head to the B1G.

CooCooCuse, you need to stop drinking the Yukon KoolAid!

There are two schools that would ADD revenue to a conference wi their inclusion: Notre Dame and Texas. Literally every other team would, at best, simply cause revenue to expand in proportion to membership. Meaning other schools would see no incremental revenue.

Oh, and cord cutting.

So please, tell me why conferences are gong to expand again soon?

If the Big 12 does its only have a conference champ game, and now they don't need to expand to do that, right?

The Big Ten wants to absorb ND so that it never again can be the school in the midwest that hurts the Big Ten. If it can't absorb ND, it wants to strike at the SEC. If that can be done while weakening ND's position, then so much the better. That means the Big Ten would agree to sacrifice 10,000 virgins to get UNC and UVA.

But that aint happening. And so the Big Ten is probably going to decide that adding KU and OU is its best bet, because that move provides the doubly boring BT West a marquee football rivalry and a national name brand in basketball, while going down the west side of MO to the TX border. That is a major move against the SEC.

If the Big Ten takes UConn, it is stupid or desperate.
I agree . But once the B1G were to destabilize Bevo, it's on. the SEC will go all in for 2 ACC teams and the rest of the Big 12 and the ACC teams will form 1 league with 5 of their current members left out.

I agree . But once the B1G were to destabilize Bevo, it's on. the SEC will go all in for 2 ACC teams and the rest of the Big 12 and the ACC teams will form 1 league with 5 of their current members left out.
You really don't get it. Which is fine but please think about this stuff before you start Syracuse doomsday scenarios.

UConn is not going to the Big Ten. They don't add enough revenue to justify the Big Ten adding them. The Big Ten added Maryland and Rutgers for the TV markets Washington DC and NYC/NJ. Tbey got the BTN on the cable tier because they added RU/UMD.

UConn doesn't add any new money. The state of CT population doesn't add enough revenue.

Their are pieces in the Big XII that will get divided. Texas is on its own tier.
Kansas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will be absorbed as well.

The SEC will not attack the ACC as UNC is the big dog of the conference and as long as UVA/UNC are happy the conference is fine. Florida State/Clemson will never be welcomed into the SEC and the ACC needs to give them respect and treat them well but the ACC is fine from the SEC. As VPI will not leave because of all the political capital UVA used to get them in 2003 and NCSU will always be tethered to UNC.

Please realize UConn is not a better option than Boston College and realize the ACC is not adding them nor is the Big Ten.
The Big XII could add them if they go 14.

Conference realignment is like the sports equivalent of JFK assassination conspiracy theories. It's a cottage internet industry with a perilously thin grasp on reality.
If I didn't have a job and could spent a year of life writing. I could write a really interesting book on conference realignment. I just can't dedicate the time to do it right.

You really don't get it. Which is fine but please think about this stuff before you start Syracuse doomsday scenarios.

UConn is not going to the Big Ten. They don't add enough revenue to justify the Big Ten adding them. The Big Ten added Maryland and Rutgers for the TV markets Washington DC and NYC/NJ. Tbey got the BTN on the cable tier because they added RU/UMD.

UConn doesn't add any new money. The state of CT population doesn't add enough revenue.

Their are pieces in the Big XII that will get divided. Texas is on its own tier.
Kansas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will be absorbed as well.

The SEC will not attack the ACC as UNC is the big dog of the conference and as long as UVA/UNC are happy the conference is fine. Florida State/Clemson will never be welcomed into the SEC and the ACC needs to give them respect and treat them well but the ACC is fine from the SEC. As VPI will not leave because of all the political capital UVA used to get them in 2003 and NCSU will always be tethered to UNC.

Please realize UConn is not a better option than Boston College and realize the ACC is not adding them nor is the Big Ten.
The Big XII could add them if they go 14.
They only want to end up with 4 conferences and less mouths to feed , more money per team.

They only want to end up with 4 conferences and less mouths to feed , more money per team.
There are already 65 teams in P5 how would adding UConn and making it 66 help reduce the P5 down to 4 conferences with 16 teams.

I mean please think these things thru. They aren't going to end up with 4 conferences as the Pac-12 can't expand to 16.

The Big XII is likely going to be chopped up between the SEC and Big Ten and whatever scraps end up will merge with top teams from American.

There are already 65 teams in P5 how would adding UConn and making it 66 help reduce the P5 down to 4 conferences with 16 teams.

I mean please think these things thru. They aren't going to end up with 4 conferences as the Pac-12 can't expand to 16.

The Big XII is likely going to be chopped up between the SEC and Big Ten and whatever scraps end up will merge with top teams from American.
If the B1G were to get SU and UCONN the ACC would be done for in the northeast and the B1G would have full control of 2 large geographic regions. No other conference would have complete control over that much population. The ACC would then lose 2 teams to the SEC and the rest would go to the BigXII.

"They" are the people who make all the money .
You don't even know who "they" are.

The Big Ten and SEC make all the money. They only expand if they can make more revenue. The bubble for TV money is getting very close to popping as ESPN/Disney are bleeding TV subscribers.

We aren't going to see 4 16 team conferences. Notre Dame isn't going to be forced into a conference as Big Ten doesn't want to push them into the ACC.

I mean please.

If the B1G were to get SU and UCONN the ACC would be done for in the northeast and the B1G would have full control of 2 large geographic regions. No other conference would have complete control over that much population. The ACC would then lose 2 teams to the SEC and the rest would go to the BigXII.
First off we signed the Grant of Rights. So we aren't leaving the ACC EVER.

Second. The Big Ten is all public land grant universities. The ACC is a mix of state schools and private schools it is perfect for SU.

Third, you don't realize how little Syracuse matters. We wouldn't be one of the Big Ten's top 10 targets if they could take ACC schools.

The Big Ten doesn't need Syracuse/UConn. They would want North Carolina/Virginia/Georgia Tech/Duke/Oklahoma/Texas/Kansas before they would want Syracuse/UConn.

Do yourself a favor and stop reading the UConn and WVU realignment boards.

Any thought of giving up the Boston TV market in exchange for the Hartford CT market is beyond foolish. And any thought of the B12 adding UConn wreaks of desperation.

You don't even know who "they" are.

The Big Ten and SEC make all the money. They only expand if they can make more revenue. The bubble for TV money is getting very close to popping as ESPN/Disney are bleeding TV subscribers.

We aren't going to see 4 16 team conferences. Notre Dame isn't going to be forced into a conference as Big Ten doesn't want to push them into the ACC.

I mean please.
I'm not the one starting these rumors. They are coming from some high placed people so you can stop patronizing me. It is clear that this reordering is not done.

I'm not the one starting these rumors. They are coming from some high placed people so you can stop patronizing me. It is clear that this reordering is not done.
Who are the high placed people and what are they saying?
I posted the comments from the Oklahoma President and they are about the Big XII.

We are Syracuse we are not a big fish we are medium sized fish who has some valuable but are not in the cards for the Big Ten. We are right where we need to be.

UConn is a slightly smaller fish than Syracuse stuck in a smaller pond. They are going nowhere but possibly the Big XII.

So, you're saying that SU hired Dino just in time?