New SU Bar in NYC | Syracusefan.com

New SU Bar in NYC

Wow ! I was just going to post about a new Cuse bar in Phoenix . Right next door to my place . Bring it Home Cuse ! Great food !

If they want to really cater to Upstaters...put upstate food items on the menu.

Does anyone from the Northern Nj area still go to Miami Mike's? I know Linda used to, maybe we could get something going this bball season..

Briancuse said:
Does anyone from the Northern Nj area still go to Miami Mike's? I know Linda used to, maybe we could get something going this bball season..

I was there for the Gonzaga game and it was a good crowd rooting for us. Miami Mike definitely makes us Cuse fans feel welcome for tourney games or otherwise big regular season games. Though for lesser games I've been the only one enjoying the leather couch setup in the back...FSU at the dome last year, in particular.

I'd be up for a coordinated group gathering this year.

This would be awesome...except the bar looks to be lacking any sort of character what-so-ever and the menu really has nothing to do with upstate new York other than the large number of products that include hot sauce. I give it six months. It would be possible to have a really kick A cuse bar in the city, I hope someone does it. But this does not look like it will be that at all. Hope I'm incorrect!

Nice looking place. I see orange paint but he needs SU paraphernalia.

I may try out the bar this weekend. I will note that 'Atomic Wings' is a local NYC joint that runs the kitchen at bars therefore their menu is set up by them and not the bar. Similar to Down the Hatch for any of you degenerates from NYC. I hope the place has a solid bathroom.

I would die for chicken riggies or utica greens in NYC (especially Cavallos or Cafe del Bueno quality).

Dont take this the wrong way guys but I dont really think they care about you being upstate or from upstate or even if you like the menu. They want the NYC SU fan and/or alum to come there, watch SU games with other SU fans and alums and drink, drink, drink.

The food aint gonna make 'em or break 'em.

If I ran the bar restaurant

My menu:

Hofmann Coneys
Zweigles
Beef on Weck
Chicken Riggies
Gianelli Italian Sausage
Chicken Wings
Halfmoon Cookies
Salt Potatoes
Steamers

Upstate Tavern at Turning Stone dinner menu

Plates

Clint's Summer Camp Fish Fry
Haddock, Saranac Pale Ale-Battered, Coleslaw, Tartar Sauce, Russet House Fries • $16

Sausage Riggies
Italian Sausage, Rigatoni, Cherry Peppers, Basil • $17

♦ Brown & Bubbly Mac & Cheese
Aged Cheddar, Asiago, Pepperjack, Mozzarella • $12

Chicken Pot Pie
Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pearl Onions, Pie Crust, Chicken • $14

Utica Club Beer-Can Chicken
Three Sisters Succotash, Salt Potatoes, Pan Jus • $17

Dale's Pot Roast
Red Wine Braised Chuck Roast, Angry Onions, Mashed Potatoes • $19

Meatloaf
Traditional Meatloaf, Mushroom Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables • $17

NY Maple Glazed Salmon
Spice Rubbed Atlantic Salmon, Sweet Corn, Potato and Arugula Hash, Lemon Brûlée • $20

Steak Frites
New York Striploin, House Steak Sauce, Arugula Salad, Russet House Fries • $29

OburgOrange said:
Upstate Tavern at Turning Stone dinner menu Plates Clint's Summer Camp Fish Fry Haddock, Saranac Pale Ale-Battered, Coleslaw, Tartar Sauce, Russet House Fries • $16 Sausage Riggies Italian Sausage, Rigatoni, Cherry Peppers, Basil • $17 ♦ Brown & Bubbly Mac & Cheese Aged Cheddar, Asiago, Pepperjack, Mozzarella • $12 Chicken Pot Pie Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pearl Onions, Pie Crust, Chicken • $14 Utica Club Beer-Can Chicken Three Sisters Succotash, Salt Potatoes, Pan Jus • $17 Dale's Pot Roast Red Wine Braised Chuck Roast, Angry Onions, Mashed Potatoes • $19 Meatloaf Traditional Meatloaf, Mushroom Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables • $17 NY Maple Glazed Salmon Spice Rubbed Atlantic Salmon, Sweet Corn, Potato and Arugula Hash, Lemon Brûlée • $20 Steak Frites New York Striploin, House Steak Sauce, Arugula Salad, Russet House Fries • $29

Never been there but some of those are my favorite meals.

My menu:

Hofmann Coneys
Zweigles
Beef on Weck
Chicken Riggies
Gianelli Italian Sausage
Chicken Wings
Halfmoon Cookies
Salt Potatoes
Steamers

Drooling just thinking about that. The Bills bar here in San Diego tries a bit, they do Wings, Sahlens hot dogs, toasted ravioli and bring in Labatt. Would've thought a Beef on Weck would be a no brainer.

Dont take this the wrong way guys but I dont really think they care about you being upstate or from upstate or even if you like the menu. They want the NYC SU fan and/or alum to come there, watch SU games with other SU fans and alums and drink, drink, drink.

True most restaurants hope to break even on food and only make their money on drinks.

My menu:

Hofmann Coneys
Zweigles
Beef on Weck
Chicken Riggies
Gianelli Italian Sausage
Chicken Wings
Halfmoon Cookies
Salt Potatoes
Steamers
Back in the day did you ever eat at the old Clam Bar on Bridge St in Oswego. They had the best grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of Salt Potatoes. Both were to die for. The grilled cheese was made on a roll that was grilled inverted. If I ever owned a pub, I would feature that sandwich.

Back in the day did you ever eat at the old Clam Bar on Bridge St in Oswego. They had the best grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of Salt Potatoes. Both were to die for. The grilled cheese was made on a roll that was grilled inverted. If I ever owned a pub, I would feature that sandwich.

A theme that doesn't follow through with itself will though, especially if the atmosphere is as lacking as this appears to be. Why watch a cuse game at a place called Marshall street that sucks when you could watch a cuse game at someplace the alumni association designates that is actually nice.

It's like calling a place astronomers bar, hanging up a poster of the planets, adding some black paint with white dots and expecting the astronomy departments of NYU and Columbia to just love hanging out there.

Wow, I live at 59th and 2nd -- this is fantastic news! Hadn't noticed it as I have been down at the shore every weekend since Memorial Day. Will check it out Saturday afternoon and report back.
They built a special wall inverted at 30 degrees just for u

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom