NEWSFLASH TO THE SYRACUSE MEDIA WHO READ THIS SITE SOMEBODY ASK GROSS ABOUT METLIFE DEAL | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NEWSFLASH TO THE SYRACUSE MEDIA WHO READ THIS SITE SOMEBODY ASK GROSS ABOUT METLIFE DEAL

Alsacs said:
You see this message is why I get disappointed. Have you read what I have posted SmilinBob? ND-ACC agreed to 60 games over 12 years 2014-2026. There are 14 ACC teasm. 60/14= 4 with a remainder of 4. Each of the 14 ACC teams will get 2 ND games at home and each team will visit ND or play a game wherever ND wants 2 times. 4 teams will play ND a 5th time. 2 of those 4 will get ND at home for a 3rd time and 2 of those 4 will visit ND a 3rd time. Syracuse is using its 2 "home" games and are playing in them in the first 3 years at Metlife Stadium in 2014 and 2016. We will visit South Bend or play an ND Shamrock game 2 times between 2017-2026. We aren't making off good against ND instead ND is making off really well instead of playing true road games they are getting psuedo home games and people make it like we won't have to play in South Bend when the facts prove otherwise. We are banking on 1 in 7 chance Syracuse will ever play Notre Dame in Syracuse before 2026.

I'm on my phone so it's tricky to post links - but Syracuse.com did what you asked and got Giasante (sp?) to answer many of the questions you've asked.

The number does look like 5mill or so. He said 5 times the normal bowl game payout. Best deal of its kind.

IMO that makes it worth playing. Gross should get kudos for making a sound decision and really doing all he could to pull us out of the doldrums to create a nice cash cow out of nothing.

Big ups to Chris Carlson for asking the tough questions to Joe Giansante.
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...l_bring_in_more_than_47_mil.html#incart_river
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...l_bring_in_more_than_47_mil.html#incart_river

He asked every question I wanted to have asked on the record and of course Giansante didn't answer a bunch of them for his own reasons. Shocking that Dr. Gross declined to speak as these questions would have been hard for him to spin. Giansante fell on the sword for Gross.

Thank you to Mr. Carlson read that article and people need to realize how covert Gross/SUAD are in not answering any tough questions. I loved how Carlson asked Giansante ND has so much clot in determining when ND and ACC have already said ND will give the ACC weeks to schedule the games and the ACC will determine who plays in those slots. Also, I love Giansante tries to spin that these Metlife games are neutral site games when they are Syracuse home games at Metlife Stadium.

Thank you Mr. Carlson.

Alsacs said:
Big ups to Chris Carlson for asking the tough questions to Joe Giansante. http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...l_bring_in_more_than_47_mil.html#incart_river http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...l_bring_in_more_than_47_mil.html#incart_river He asked every question I wanted to have asked on the record and of course Giansante didn't answer a bunch of them for his own reasons. Shocking that Dr. Gross declined to speak as these questions would have been hard for him to spin. Giansante fell on the sword for Gross. Thank you to Mr. Carlson read that article and people need to realize how covert Gross/SUAD are in not answering any tough questions. I loved how Carlson asked Giansante ND has so much clot in determining when ND and ACC have already said ND will give the ACC weeks to schedule the games and the ACC will determine who plays in those slots. Also, I love Giansante tries to spin that these Metlife games are neutral site games when they are Syracuse home games at Metlife Stadium. Thank you Mr. Carlson.

I see you glossed over the: we did it for the money. It was more than anyone has have ever gotten.

To me all the other questions answers are moot in light of the cash and exposure.

I see you glossed over the: we did it for the money. It was more than anyone has have ever gotten.

To me all the other questions answers are moot in light of the cash and exposure.
Based on every response you have given to my statements this doesn't shock me.

I'm on my phone so it's tricky to post links - but Syracuse.com did what you asked and got Giasante (sp?) to answer many of the questions you've asked.

The number does look like 5mill or so. He said 5 times the normal bowl game payout. Best deal of its kind.

IMO that makes it worth playing. Gross should get kudos for making a sound decision and really doing all he could to pull us out of the doldrums to create a nice cash cow out of nothing.

Should he get all the kudos for putting SU in a financial hole as well?

Based on every response you have given to my statements this doesn't shock me.

We disagree - and that's fine. I get your position.

I guess I was hoping for a "oh - I can see now that we made a boat load of cash that we wouldn't have otherwise - and they admitted it like I wanted" post.

Should he get all the kudos for putting SU in a financial hole as well?

Yes. For sure. But that doesn't wipe out this deal and the cash that came in that we wouldn't have had otherwise. I also applaud him making a choice that I think he knew wouldn't go great with the locals. Sometimes you have to do what you have to to do.

The two points that jumped out to me were:
1. This was the largest neutral site deal ever at the time it was signed.
2. We did it for survival.
To stay relevant, SU needed additional revenue. This deal provided it until we were able to land a spot in the ACC. Anyone in their right mind would have done the same.

Yes like pay a w.lax coach 750k...tough decisions indeed.

I'm not defending every decision Gross has ever made. I'm capable of seeing things clearly - he's won some and lost some. Kudos for this deal are deserved.

I don't disagree with the deal. The $ was needed for sure.

It's the BS coming from Gross and Giansante that angers and frustrates me. They don't get it.

I'm not defending every decision Gross has ever made. I'm capable of seeing things clearly - he's won some and lost some. Kudos for this deal are deserved.
Syracuse is getting paid like a high class 5 letter word so I give them props for that.

However, Giansante embarrasses himself and the SU AD with a lot of things he said and non-answers he gave. Carlson was awesome and if wanted to could have put the screws on him more, but I understand why he did not.

Thank you to Mr. Carlson read that article and people need to realize how covert Gross/SUAD are in not answering any tough questions.

No offense but your schtick is getting a bit tiresome. I know, I know, ITS YOUR OPINION. I get it.

Have you ever been in a management capacity? Run some aspect of a business. You do understand that it's simply not possible to provide intimate details on every question you have the whim to ask, right?

I mean, you got the answer to the question of "why", right? We needed the money, and this deal pays out. A lot.

At this point it may be time for you to stop asking what are increasingly rhetorical questions and just state that you want these games in Syracuse and don't like playing at MetLife. I mean, that's really it, right?

Full_Rebar said:
I don't disagree with the deal. The $ was needed for sure. It's the BS coming from Gross and Giansante that angers and frustrates me. They don't get it.

There are a lot of gullible people. I suggest everyone re-read the article.

I don't disagree with the deal. The $ was needed for sure.

It's the BS coming from Gross and Giansante that angers and frustrates me. They don't get it.

What BS? They didn't want to answer all of the questions straight up. My guess is that they are keeping the structure and numbers from the deal close to the vest in part because it would be bad business to do so (MetLife may not like that, right?). As for the WF question - sounded to me that they got owned in that particular agreement and wish they could have done what WF did. (Didn't those games from that deal go away in the new ACC/ND deal - unlike ours?)

No offense but your schtick is getting a bit tiresome. I know, I know, ITS YOUR OPINION. I get it.

Have you ever been in a management capacity? Run some aspect of a business. You do understand that it's simply not possible to provide intimate details on every question you have the whim to ask, right?

I mean, you got the answer to the question of "why", right? We needed the money, and this deal pays out. A lot.

At this point it may be time for you to stop asking what are increasingly rhetorical questions and just state that you want these games in Syracuse and don't like playing at MetLife. I mean, that's really it, right?
I give up honestly I give up. I love the Metlife game last year because it was a true neutral site game. It was not a home game for either team. I can't take this anymore people are as what Bees said gullible if they can't understand my point and say we know its a crappy deal we understand its a crappy deal, but instead we get people trying to say its not a crappy deal when it is if your objective.

Alsacs said:
I give up honestly I give up. I love the Metlife game last year because it was a true neutral site game. It was not a home game for either team. I can't take this anymore people are as what Bees said gullible if they can't understand my point and say we know its a crappy deal we understand its a crappy deal, but instead we get people trying to say its not a crappy deal when it is if your objective.

How is 5 mil in lieu of a half-filled dome a bad deal?!?

What BS? They didn't want to answer all of the questions straight up. My guess is that they are keeping the structure and numbers from the deal close to the vest in part because it would be bad business to do so (MetLife may not like that, right?). As for the WF question - sounded to me that they got owned in that particular agreement and wish they could have done what WF did. (Didn't those games from that deal go away in the new ACC/ND deal - unlike ours?)

"Did this series play a role in us getting into the ACC? Without question." That is the biggest BS statement of all.

A guy who was hired a year ago says this. Did we have a MetLife deal in 2003 when Swofford was on campus convincing SU to move to the ACC?

When Notre Dame came to the Dome in 2003 we had 48,170(12pm kickoff). How the F would the Dome be half filled when the game would be at night on primetime?

"Did this series play a role in us getting into the ACC? Without question." That is the biggest BS statement of all.

A guy who was hired a year ago says this. Did we have a MetLife deal in 2003 when Swofford was on campus convincing SU to move to the ACC?
Honestly that statement is so hilarious it sad the guy gets a salary. What a minute guys who cares about expanding to renegotiating our TV contract Syracuse has 2 games at Metlife with Notre Dame we will have under our control. Screw UConn, Rutgers, WVU we gotta take Syracuse.

"Great basketball, strong football tradition and academic fit"= Why Syracuse is in the ACC

When Notre Dame came to the Dome in 2003 we had 48,170(12pm kickoff). How the F would the Dome be half filled when the game would be at night on primetime?

No offense - but even full at 48,000 isn't = 5mil. Are you suggesting that they are equal?

TheCusian said:
How is 5 mil in lieu of a half-filled dome a bad deal?!?

Where do you get $5m from for this game?

How about we just all say we agree to disagree and put this to bed. That is a perfectly acceptable outcome to this discussion. We don't all have to see things the same way.

You see this message is why I get disappointed. Have you read what I have posted SmilinBob?
ND-ACC agreed to 60 games over 12 years 2014-2026.
There are 14 ACC teasm. 60/14= 4 with a remainder of 4.
Each of the 14 ACC teams will get 2 ND games at home and each team will visit ND or play a game wherever ND wants 2 times.
4 teams will play ND a 5th time. 2 of those 4 will get ND at home for a 3rd time and 2 of those 4 will visit ND a 3rd time.

Syracuse is using its 2 "home" games and are playing in them in the first 3 years at Metlife Stadium in 2014 and 2016. We will visit South Bend or play an ND Shamrock game 2 times between 2017-2026.

We aren't making off good against ND instead ND is making off really well instead of playing true road games they are getting psuedo home games and people make it like we won't have to play in South Bend when the facts prove otherwise.

We are banking on 1 in 7 chance Syracuse will ever play Notre Dame in Syracuse before 2026.

I honestly do understand what you're saying but let's start kicking their ass in the Meadowlands and completely take over this area. I understand that the Irish (football wise) will always have more fans but the more SU beats them in a public stage the better. Would it look great to see a full Dome all Orange screaming, yes I agree with you. It would also look pretty damn awesome to see a lot of Orange in the Meadowlands as well.