Next year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Next year

Freeman would start now. Not even a question he will start next year. He might be our only option depending on who comes back.
Where do we put Brown then? Back to the bench and he plays either the 4 or 5? I agree by the way Freeman should be starting and will need to be on the court. I just think we want them both on the court and they're both natural 4's.

This is all jb fault.....2 probations,favoring his kids ...lazy,not handling players correctly,a fool in the press conferences, a lack of identifying talent saying this was his best recruiting class ...etc...ten years of missing the tournament or being on the bubble...borderline malpractice

Let's look at who goes for sure:
-Hima
-Benny

Who maybe goes:
-Bell
-Taylor
-Judah

Starting Rotation:
1: Q / Portal (Shooter)
2: JJ / Moore / Cuffe
3: Westry / Portal (Enforcer)
4: Brown / Freeman / Carey
5: McLeod (Def Rim Protector) / Portal (Offensive) / Patterson (TBD)

I think Taylor will actually come back and find an off the bench role playing the 2 or 3. Not that I agree but the coaching staff likes his maturity even though he can't hit the side of a barn door.

Also I think JJ is going to have to learn to run the point next year, but not sure how that will work out.

If Q is our starting PG next year then Red should be fired

Let's look at who goes for sure:
-Hima
-Benny

Who maybe goes:
-Bell
-Taylor
-Judah

Starting Rotation:
1: Q / Portal (Shooter)
2: JJ / Moore / Cuffe
3: Westry / Portal (Enforcer)
4: Brown / Freeman / Carey
5: McLeod (Def Rim Protector) / Portal (Offensive) / Patterson (TBD)

I think Taylor will actually come back and find an off the bench role playing the 2 or 3. Not that I agree but the coaching staff likes his maturity even though he can't hit the side of a barn door.

Also I think JJ is going to have to learn to run the point next year, but not sure how that will work out.
That’s not a 500 team.

Benny took off to the locker room before the handshake line. No way this dude is here next season.

Get rid of him now. He attitude has been crap all season long. Stay home Benny. No more practice for you.

Start looking for a new school. Taylor, you're not playing next year.

Hima, look for a new school.

Westry shows him something and at least practices by the end of the year, or else you let him go.

That would be sufficient turnover to open space for a new C, a new F and a true PG in the portal.

Copeland is the kind of guy who provides energy off the bench, keeps everyone fired up, plays selflessly, and can sub in at PG/SG/SF. There's a lot of value there. Ideally he'd be a four year guy who, as a senior, has developed into a valuable starter.

He's not a perfect overlap with CJ Fair, but a similar concept - glue guy who plays hard, who's not selfish, with nice versatility.

Imagine Q working with a true PG and SG who can attack or make a nice pass... Or imagine working matchups in his favor, depending on the opponent. His tenacity could be very valuable in that regard.

Unfortunately right now he's either going to have to be asked to do more than he can or to make the pretty pass to someone who's going to chuck up a brick.

I see Copeland as a Josh Pace who is a better passer, or maybe a blend of Pace and Billy Edelin.

Where do we put Brown then? Back to the bench and he plays either the 4 or 5? I agree by the way Freeman should be starting and will need to be on the court. I just think we want them both on the court and they're both natural 4's.

I agree. That's why we need a stud SF like an Elijah Hughes or Andrew White type who is a big offensive threat. Add that guy, and you have an excellent forward rotation.

You still need a really good C who can score in the low post, defend and rebound, and you need a true PG.

Portal PG/Copeland
JJ/Moore/Copeland
Portal SF/Westry/Copeland
Freeman/Brown
Portal C/Brown

The Portal PG and SF need to be able to shoot at a high clip.

Portal PG/Copeland
JJ/Moore/Copeland
Freeman/Brown
Portal C/Brown

That looks about right, but Copeland has to be ahead of Westry at SF.

I know many will disagree, but I wish Hopkins could return as an assistant and lead recruiter. He hasn’t been a terrific HC, and our program has gone backwards since he (and Bernie) left.

From Cuse.com (this is what we're building with and on):
"Autry had returned to his alma mater when he was named an assistant coach prior to the 2011-12 season. In March of 2017, Autry was promoted to associate head coach.

While at Syracuse he has tutored eventual NBA draft picks Jerami Grant, Tyler Lydon and Chris McCullough. Grant (Portland) and Oshae Brissett (Indiana) have developed into NBA roster mainstays.

Autry has coached the Syracuse forwards and recruited all positions for the Orange. Syracuse has played in the NCAA Tournament in seven of his 12 campaigns as an assistant, including Final Four trips in 2013 and 2016. In November 2016, Autry was honored as a Syracuse LetterWinner of Distinction and in 2017 he received the prestigious Vic Hanson Award from the Hardwood Club."

I know many will disagree, but I wish Hopkins could return as an assistant and lead recruiter. He hasn’t been a terrific HC, and our program has gone backwards since he (and Bernie) left.
This isn’t happening.

Portal PG/Copeland
JJ/Moore/Copeland
Freeman/Brown
Portal C/Brown

So you feel Judah turning Pro?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom