next years team is going to be sick | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

next years team is going to be sick

"Probably G"

Based upon what? A couple of posters speculating that he should go pro?

Bunk.

Probably the same people who thought Kris Joseph and CJ Fair were going pro early.

Anyone who is 6'7 and averaging double figure points is "going pro" to some of these guys.

Not sure how my opinion is starting a rumor? I'm not going out and saying he's gone blah blah blah based on sources blah blah blah. I have zero inside info, nor do I care to have any. I just believe that it's more likely G leaves than he stays based on his circumstances (hot play, age, graduating). I'm sorry you don't agree but to say myself, or others, are simply stirring the rumor pot is ridiculous.

How exactly is me voicing my opinion different than claiming next year's team is stacked and will be top 10? Because you don't agree?

Exactly, you have no inside info. You believe he will leave because you think that is something he should do based on the information you are provided. We have had two players leave early to go to Europe and they were essentially shown the door. This is how rumors get started

If Mike G. wants to be an NBA player it doesn't make sense to go to Europe.

I get players leaving early because of the draft, but now were are getting to the point that we think everyone will leave regardless if they go to the league or not.

There were posters that had Rakeem Christmas leaving three years ago because he didn't like school.

Maybe we are just paranoid, and expect the worst these days.

Exactly, you have no inside info. You believe he will leave because you think that is something he should do based on the information you are provided. We have had two players leave early to go to Europe and they were essentially shown the door. This is how rumors get started

Maybe we are just paranoid, and expect the worst these days.
Yeah, maybe you're right, but comparing G to previous kids doesn't look at his situation. If he were 20 years old and going to be a 3rd year kid next year, it's completely different. But since he's already going to be 23, should be on track to graduate and is playing at a high level now, it makes sense for him to consider leaving. That's all I'm saying and all I'm basing my opinion on. I really don't see how that's starting a rumor or anything like it. And how much better will he get here, when he can get paid to get better somewhere (with a college degree in hand, too)?? I sure hope he stays though, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go, nor would I blame him or think it's a bad move. Being a potential POY in the ACC, and an 18+ ppg scorer, while leading SU back to the Tourney has to be enticing, but so does that alternative.

(Plus, in the back of my mind, we're losing him simply because of how many kids we've seen go pro recently. Call that paranoia if you'd like, but we are all feeling a bit of it I'm sure.)

If Mike G. wants to be an NBA player it doesn't make sense to go to Europe.

I get players leaving early because of the draft, but now were are getting to the point that we think everyone will leave regardless if they go to the league or not.

Why not? Kids can go play elsewhere before having an NBA career. Plus, who knows, maybe he is a draftable commodity this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom