NFL Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year they had the worst defense in the division. Part of that was the fatigue generated from Chip's offense and part was due to injuries. They've made some nice FA pickups to supplement a strong DL.

NFC East is going to be a crapshoot. Any of the 4 could come out on top. 10-6 or even 9 and 7 is going to take the division once they start knocking each other off.

NFC East is going to be a crapshoot. Any of the 4 could come out on top. 10-6 or even 9 and 7 is going to take the division once they start knocking each other off.
If Prescott wins the next two and Dallas goes into the bye at 5-1, who do you start in week 8 against the Eagles?

If Prescott wins the next two and Dallas goes into the bye at 5-1, who do you start in week 8 against the Eagles?

Personally I hold Romo out as long as possible. I love Dak but he isn't going to win us a playoff game this year. We ride his hot hand as long as we can then let Romo come in fresh and tear it up.

Last year they had the worst defense in the division. Part of that was the fatigue generated from Chip's offense and part was due to injuries. They've made some nice FA pickups to supplement a strong DL.

Ya I think that was mostly it. Football Outsiders which is vastly superior to Yards imo had them first. Not that that's saying a lot vs the other 3.

anyone give the Giants a shot tonight??

im still pissed about last week...

anyone give the Giants a shot tonight??

im still pissed about last week...
Vikings have the 2nd best D in the NFL behind the Broncos. Eli will throw 2-3 INTs.

Unless Bradford is awful the Giants will not win this game.

on Bradford, 3 of the Giants top 6 DBs...are not dressing tonight.

and a 4th, DRC...may not as well.

I would take a split in the next two.

Schedule is brutal the next 8 or 9 games. The only game in there not a killer is Cleveland. Otherwise we got a murders row coming up.

Schedule is brutal the next 8 or 9 games. The only game in there not a killer is Cleveland. Otherwise we got a murders row coming up.

I wouldnt't say its brutal, the next two games are tough. I'm still not completely sold on Philly, and I know the Ravens are 3-1, but we get them at home, its a game we should win

I wouldnt't say its brutal, the next two games are tough. I'm still not completely sold on Philly, and I know the Ravens are 3-1, but we get them at home, its a game we should win

Maybe not, but there's a good chance they could be 4-0 after this week. They get Detroit. We've seen time and time again the schedule matters in the NFL, especially the NFC east. Good chance the cowboys are 2.5 back by the time they get to Philly.

Cinci
@Green Bay
Philly
@ Cleveland
@Pitt
Ravens
Redskins
@Minn
@Giants

Thats pretty rough. Divisional games are all a toss up this year.

Cinci
@Green Bay
Philly
@ Cleveland
@Pitt
Ravens
Redskins
@Minn
@Giants

Thats pretty rough. Divisional games are all a toss up this year.

Not saying they aren't tough, but we should be able to win our home games, and the Browns game.

Vikings have the 2nd best D in the NFL behind the Broncos. Eli will throw 2-3 INTs.

Unless Bradford is awful the Giants will not win this game.

They've been really impressive so far; should've beaten GB by more than they did. But their whole has exceeded their sum. It's far from inconceivable that somebody with Bradford's track record could play poorly behind a bad OL and no running game.

Not saying they aren't tough, but we should be able to win our home games, and the Browns game.

Given our home record the last 2 seasons that is a big bet, lol. I like our shot on the road better.

Given our home record the last 2 seasons that is a big bet, lol. I like our shot on the road better.

Last year you almost have to throw out with Tony going down in week two, and having trash at the qb position the rest of the year. Granted we don't have a great homefield advantage, we should be able to beat some of these teams at home. The Bengals, Eagles, and Ravens are far from unbeatable, and we already beat the skins on the road, we can beat them at home.

I like Dallas way more on the road, ATS at least. +6 @Cincy I'd take them, PK at home I'll take Cincy. That's true of the whole division actually. Not so with lots of other teams.

They've been really impressive so far; should've beaten GB by more than they did. But their whole has exceeded their sum. It's far from inconceivable that somebody with Bradford's track record could play poorly behind a bad OL and no running game.
Bradford sucking is entirely possible that is why I give the Giants a chance. I just think that the Vikings D will do well against Eli. Minnesota D is elite.

Bradford sucking is entirely possible that is why I give the Giants a chance. I just think that the Vikings D will do well against Eli. Minnesota D is elite.
for whatever reason, the Vikings are Eli's Kryptonite.

Giants should lose by 17 tonight.

Giants win by 10.

Last edited:
Eli acting a little pissy? His RB didn't know the play so Eli throws it in disgust at his feet. Then at end of the half he has a free play on an offsides and fires the ball into ground. Left a TO on the board which he really should have used right before half.

Eli acting a little pissy? His RB didn't know the play so Eli throws it in disgust at his feet. Then at end of the half he has a free play on an offsides and fires the ball into ground. Left a TO on the board which he really should have used right before half.

And Beckham is acting like a jerk again, no surprise there.

Status
Not open for further replies.