NFL Thread | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could have any non-Belichick HC I would want John Harbaugh or Sean Payton. Pats previous HC was Pete Carroll so we have seen that.
I think Harbaugh maxs out his talent he just doesn't have a lot and his QB isn't consistent.

What makes Belichick so good is he is great on both sides of the ball and in game management. Payton and Harbaughs teams are only great in one area, but they are both great at in game management. Reid is good in all areas, but loses points at awful in game management. So does Carroll. I think I would take Tomlin over Andy Reid in a big game. Andy Reid is this generations Marty Schottenheimer. Great regular season coach, awful in the playoffs. Always makes the wrong decision in crunch time.

He is a good coach but whenever the Pats-Steelers have played a meaningful game I know my HC has out prepared his team against Pitt.
Tomlin isn't a cheerleader but I don't Think he is a good in-game coach. I give him credit because he doesn't really gameplan that much he has his systems and just lines up and thinks his guys will win.
That works for him.
I think the top 5 HCs in the NFL are
1. Belichick 2. Carroll 3. Harbaugh 4. Payton 5. Reid
I would put Tomlin in the discussion with Rivera/Fox/Kubiak/Arians in the next 5.

IMAGINE thinking Andy Reid is a better coach than Tomlin. Good lord.

Andy Reid's success is getting old badass defensive coordinators that won't leave to become head coaches to do the job for him, the LATE, GREAT Jim Johnson and now Bob Sutton.

The dude is an allegeded offensive genius w/o good offensives

He is a good coach but whenever the Pats-Steelers have played a meaningful game I know my HC has out prepared his team against Pitt.
Tomlin isn't a cheerleader but I don't Think he is a good in-game coach. I give him credit because he doesn't really gameplan that much he has his systems and just lines up and thinks his guys will win.
That works for him.
I think the top 5 HCs in the NFL are
1. Belichick 2. Carroll 3. Harbaugh 4. Payton 5. Reid
I would put Tomlin in the discussion with Rivera/Fox/Kubiak/Arians in the next 5.
I like Tomlin, but I think he does some goofy stuff getting people's way on the sideline and things like that.

If I could have any non-Belichick HC I would want John Harbaugh or Sean Payton. Pats previous HC was Pete Carroll so we have seen that.
I think Harbaugh maxs out his talent he just doesn't have a lot and his QB isn't consistent.

Harbaugh has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 year, I like Payton, but what has he done lately?

I like Tomlin, but I think he does some goofy stuff getting people's way on the sideline and things like that.

The always going for two thing isn't for me, but the guy is in the playoffs ever year.

I love the going for two thing.
I get it, but it's high-risk, high-reward. You end up chasing the points all game if you don't make it. And it potentially changes your strategy at the end of the game (4 point lead instead of 3, 2 point lead instead of 3, etc.). :noidea:

I get it, but it's high-risk, high-reward. You end up chasing the points all game if you don't make it. And it potentially changes your strategy at the end of the game (4 point lead instead of 3, 2 point lead instead of 3, etc.). :noidea:
There was a game the Steelers definitely screwed it up. They went for it like 4 or 5 times and missed them all and they lost the game.

Harbaugh has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 year, I like Payton, but what has he done lately?
Harbaugh plays Belichick better than anyone non-Coughlin.
BB is 3-3 against Coughlin
He is 5-3 against John Harbaugh
Harbaugh has never had the better team outside of the 2009 AFC wild card game that Baltimore won easily.

Harbaugh is the 2nd best AFC coach by a mile IMO.

There was a game the Steelers definitely screwed it up. They went for it like 4 or 5 times and missed them all and they lost the game.
Dallas-Pitt game the Steelers missed 4 two point conversions and it cost them that game.

Harbaugh plays Belichick better than anyone non-Coughlin.
BB is 3-3 against Coughlin
He is 5-3 against John Harbaugh
Harbaugh has never had the better team outside of the 2009 AFC wild card game that Baltimore won easily.

Harbaugh is the 2nd best AFC coach by a mile IMO.
just because...

if Landon Collins doesn't drop that easy INT last year, BB is 1-4 v Coughlin. *

you got it wrong pats W v the Giants in 03 was Fassel.

I was there, in the rain.

edit: wait, you counting jax? I don't know the stats there...

just because...

if Landon Collins doesn't drop that easy INT last year, BB is 1-4 v Coughlin. *

you got it wrong pats W v the Giants in 03 was Fassel.

I was there, in the rain.

edit: wait, you counting jax? I don't know the stats there...
I was counting Jax he was 1-0. Also your going to mention Landon Collins and ignore Asante Samuel in SB 42.
People forget this play right before the miracle helmet catch but Samuel dropped an easy INT.

I was counting Jax he was 1-0. Also your going to mention Landon Collins and ignore Asante Samuel in SB 42.
People forget this play right before the miracle helmet catch but Samuel dropped an easy INT.
over his head & out of reach.

so the pats want a 1st & a 4th for garapolo...which is what the iggs got for Bradford, understandable...I guess.

but anyway...for those of you scoring at home...brady got a 4 week vacation, the pats went 3-1, still got (likely) the #1 seed and now they will trade his backup for a smorgasbord of picks which also likely will include a #1.

that annual thank you check they send to goodell better be extra stuffed this year.

brady should send one too, if he already hasn't...

so the pats want a 1st & a 4th for garapolo...which is what the iggs got for Bradford, understandable...I guess.

but anyway...for those of you scoring at home...brady got a 4 week vacation, the pats went 3-1, still got (likely) the #1 seed and now they will trade his backup for a smorgasbord of picks which also likely will include a #1.

that annual thank you check they send to goodell better be extra stuffed this year.

brady should send one too, if he already hasn't...
that stuffed shirt Mara loving stooge.
Pats will likely get that Philly first round pick from Cleveland and a conditional pick. Garapolio is better than the top college QBs.
Chicago/Jacksonville/Houston could be other spots.
Chicago likely wouldn't want to give up a top 5 pick unless the Pats gave them a 2nd or they swap first round spots and give up another pick.

Goodell tried to screw the Pats. That Buffalo game could have cost them if the Bills weren't coached by Rex.

They could have gone undefeated if they had Brady they have HFA wrapped up now.

We'll see what happens, but I have a hard time believing the Patriots will get a 1st round pick for Jimmy. I just don't think anyone wants to trade a top 10 pick for a guy with such a small sample size when they know they can sign him in a year anyways.

We'll see what happens, but I have a hard time believing the Patriots will get a 1st round pick for Jimmy. I just don't think anyone wants to trade a top 10 pick for a guy with such a small sample size when they know they can sign him in a year anyways.
He has another year on his contract and the Pats have the cap space to franchise him. They have over 60 million in cap space now for 2017.
They are getting atleast a first round pick if they trade him. At worst they get the first pick in the 2nd
Round and future picks.
Belichick hates first round picks for some reason unless it's an impact guy. He trades out all the time.

I tend to agree here.

the Vikings paid a kings ransom because they thought this was their year.

whoops!!

He has another year on his contract and the Pats have the cap space to franchise him. They have over 60 million in cap space now for 2017.
They are getting atleast a first round pick if they trade him. At worst they get the first pick in the 2nd
Round and future picks.
Belichick hates first round picks for some reason unless it's an impact guy. He trades out all the time.

I imagine the other teams in the NFL will call the Patriots bluff and dare them to offer Jimmy franchise QB money while still paying Brady. New England won't and Jimmy will hit the market.

If he's traded, I'm guessing it's for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I imagine the other teams in the NFL will call the Patriots bluff and dare them to offer Jimmy franchise QB money while still paying Brady. New England won't and Jimmy will hit the market.

If he's traded, I'm guessing it's for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
The Patriots already did this with Matt Cassel in 2008. They franchised him and traded him to
KC for a high 2nd round pick 35th overall.

Jimmy G has another year on his contract. They are getting a first round pick or will keep him.

IMAGINE thinking Andy Reid is a better coach than Tomlin. Good lord.

Andy Reid's success is getting old badass defensive coordinators that won't leave to become head coaches to do the job for him, the LATE, GREAT Jim Johnson and now Bob Sutton.

The dude is an allegeded offensive genius w/o good offensives

Have to agree. Jim Johnson was da man and when he left Andy's lustre began to fade. That said I felt Andy did some of his worst damage on draft day.

that stuffed shirt Mara loving stooge.
Pats will likely get that Philly first round pick from Cleveland and a conditional pick. Garapolio is better than the top college QBs.
Chicago/Jacksonville/Houston could be other spots.
Chicago likely wouldn't want to give up a top 5 pick unless the Pats gave them a 2nd or they swap first round spots and give up another pick.

Goodell tried to screw the Pats. That Buffalo game could have cost them if the Bills weren't coached by Rex.

They could have gone undefeated if they had Brady they have HFA wrapped up now.

That Eagles pick for Cleveland is going to be in the 8-14 neighborhood. I'd be shocked if Cleveland gave up that much to NE for JG.

Have to agree. Jim Johnson was da man and when he left Andy's lustre began to fade. That said I felt Andy did some of his worst damage on draft day.
Agreed. It seldom works out well when the HC is also the GM. There are of course examples where it does work, but many more examples where it doesn't.

How strange is it to see Tom Coughlin interviewing with the Jags, he helped build the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.