NFL Thread | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe OBJ stops taking 10 yard slants 61 yards.

Captain Checkdown had an easy TD last night if he didn't fumble the ball. OBJ is the only reason your team scored a TD last night.
You guys have a better team than I thought and I give the GM credit for spending the money properly on the defense. I don't think your offense is good enough to win 3-4 playoffs games though.

If the Giants go to Seattle in the WC round they have zero shot. If they go to Atlanta or Tampa I could see them making a run.

If the Giants go to Seattle in the WC round they have zero shot. If they go to Atlanta or Tampa I could see them making a run.
I think Seattle is going to pass Detroit and get a bye. The Giants are getting the 5th seed.
Tampa or Atlanta will get the 4th seed. Green Bay or Washington will be the 6th seed.
I see the NFC playoffs like this.
1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Detroit
4. Tampa/Atlanta
5. New York
6. Green Bay/Washington.

Dallas has to find 2 wins. We will see this coming week if they simply hit a rough spot with a rookie qb or if this is him hitting the wall for good this season.

I would not want any part of Atlanta in Atlanta. It would be very difficult for the GMen to match the Falcon offense in that building. They are explosive. TB would be a better match-up for them tho I am surprised how the Buc defense has turned it around lately.

I would not want any part of Atlanta in Atlanta. It would be very difficult for the GMen to match the Falcon offense in that building. They are explosive. TB would be a better match-up for them tho I am surprised how the Buc defense has turned it around lately.

Yeah thinking about it not sure the Giants could beat Atlanta in a shootout, although Atlanta's playoff history is terrible.

I think Seattle is going to pass Detroit and get a bye. The Giants are getting the 5th seed.
Tampa or Atlanta will get the 4th seed. Green Bay or Washington will be the 6th seed.
I see the NFC playoffs like this.
1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Detroit
4. Tampa/Atlanta
5. New York
6. Green Bay/Washington.

I could see Atlanta finishing ahead of Detroit. The Lions sked is brutal in the last three while Atlanta is home to SF and NO and on the road in Carolina.

Jeff Fisher has just been asked to a meeting in Stan Kroenke's office - and Stan told him to bring his playbook if you know what I mean.

I could see Atlanta finishing ahead of Detroit. The Lions sked is brutal in the last three while Atlanta is home to SF and NO and on the road in Carolina.
Green Bay could catch Detroit especially if Stafford sucks with that injury. New York at Green Bay could happen in the Wild Card.
Detroit has NYG, DAL, GB they could lose out.

Jeff Fisher has just been asked to a meeting in Stan Kroenke's office - and Stan told him to bring his playbook if you know what I mean.
Jeff Fisher has been paid 35 million for 31 wins over 5 years with the most 1st round picks in that time frame.
Fisher is the anti-Belichick. He will get another job because he is a NFL 345 Park made man.

Jeff Fisher has been paid 35 million for 31 wins over 5 years with the most 1st round picks in that time frame.
Fisher is the anti-Belichick. He will get another job because he is a NFL 345 Park made man.

And it looks like they picked the wrong guy at 1 this year.

Dak and Wentz look better but I will say Goff has had horrible coaching in Fisher.

They freaking have Todd Gurley and can't use him properly. If Goff a coach like Josh McDaniels or Jim Harbaugh and he could be be pretty good as he can spin the ball.

NFL’s swift response to DeflateGate II worked, but should it have?

BTW FU to the football media and the Giants classy organization for this Deflategate II crap going nowhere. It shows the entire Deflategate I was a witchhunt to get the Patriots. The fact the NFL shutdown the investigation within an hour and shows how corrupt the 0rganziation is.

God forbid Tom Brady had a game as bad as Ben Rothelisberger did the week after Deflategate. Ben couldn't throw the ball accurately yesterday and threw 3 picks including an awful airmail on one which wasn't close. Brady joked he used a nerf ball he would have been suspended for 2 years. but Ben can be funny.

I can't imagine him getting another NFL head coaching job. First of all, he's not even a good coach. He only has six winning seasons out of 22 total. Second, he'll become the all-time losingest coach in league history after his next loss, or his first loss with the theoretical team that hires him. That's terrible PR. Finally, his "system" is outdated.

Maybe he'll get a head coaching gig for a college team somewhere. Most likely he's headed to the broadcast booth.

No doubt. I hated the Wentz trade because I thought it was too high risk and very expensive. But after watching him play I think Wentz is the real deal with a ton of potential. That said, I have very little faith the Eagles will procure enough talent around him to make it all work.

I thought Prescott looked really shaky yesterday. Cowboys have three tough games left Tampa Bay, Detroit and Philly. I don't think they are home free yet.

Patriots-Ravens games are always stressful.
Dear NFL thanks for a Baltimore Monday night game and then cross country trip to the place the Pats never win back to back.

I detest the Patriots, but anyone who thinks Devin McCourty was "downed by contact" on that interception has never seen a football game before.

Last edited:
Patriots-Ravens games are always stressful.
Dear NFL thanks for a Baltimore Monday night game and then cross country trip to the place the Pats never win back to back.

The Pats need to figure out who their punt/kickoff returner is with Amendola out. I'd put Lewis or White back there. Everyone else is shaky potatoes.

I detest the Patriots, but anyone who thinks Devin McCourty was "downed by contact" on that interception has never seen a football game before.

Likewise, the strip-sack by Flowers that was called back due to "forward progress" was insane. Like you, I detest the Patriots, and that call made me angry for a solid 10 minutes.

The Pats need to figure out who their punt/kickoff returner is with Amendola out. I'd put Lewis or White back there. Everyone else is shaky potatoes.
They are going to have Edelman just fair catch them is wait BB said postgame.
Those 2 fumbles gave Baltimore 14 points.

NFL international schedule for 2017.
London
Baltimore-Jacksonville
Miami-New Orleans
Minnesota-Cleveland
Arizona-LA Rams
Mexico City
New England-Oakland MNF

I thought Prescott looked really shaky yesterday. Cowboys have three tough games left Tampa Bay, Detroit and Philly. I don't think they are home free yet.
If Prescott remains at QB, I could see them losing their remaining games in the same way they did Sunday night. The Cowboys have created an odd scenario where they can't play their best QB.

So it doesn't look like I'm just overreacting to Sunday's game, I am on record (in this thread I believe) saying that the Cowboys should go back to Romo as soon as he is healthy. Play your best players.

If Prescott remains at QB, I could see them losing their remaining games in the same way they did Sunday night. The Cowboys have created an odd scenario where they can't play their best QB.

So it doesn't look like I'm just overreacting to Sunday's game, I am on record (in this thread I believe) saying that the Cowboys should go back to Romo as soon as he is healthy. Play your best players.

He's the third rated QB in the league after Brady and Ryan. He has a higher YPA than Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger. It's not his fault Dez fumbled.

He's the third rated QB in the league after Brady and Ryan. He has a higher YPA than Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger. It's not his fault Dez fumbled.
Romo would be even better this year, probably more interceptions, but definitely more touchdowns.

Dak allows the Cowboys to have mobility in the pocket and allows the team to run some zone read with Zeke.
Romo would gamble and with that D it wouldn't be smart. Dez and Witten would want Romo because he would force them balls. Zeke would lose carries if Romo took over.

This is Brady-Bledsoe Ii. Go look at Brady's stats against the Miami Dolphins in 2001-2003. He always struggled with those Jason Taylor/Zack Thomas/Sam Madison Dolphins teams.
Dak struggles with the Giants but I wouldn't replace him yet. Just feed Zeke more.

Status
Not open for further replies.