NIT Bracketology | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

I wish I could share everything from behind the scenes but Im not going to put it out there. I will just say, with this group and some of the nonsense that went on, Red prob aged 7 years. The players that are going to leave are necessary to be leaving. Don’t be critical of Red, he’s doing what is absolutely necessary for the future and state of this program. Trust me on that
Agreed - I think it will be addition by subtraction. Autry had to be fed up with the malcontents. John Wooden would have had a tough time coaching these headcases.

We've had posters complain all year that Red better have the stones to make wholesale changes after the season ends.

The portal opens tomorrow. Changes are coming.

major-league-cleveland-indians.gif
i dont get some people. I mean do fans want this run back AGAIN only to probably have the same results? Do people even know what chit Red had to deal with behind the scenes this year? Guy should have had a heart attack.

There will be a lot of egg on peoples faces when they land some big time players in the portal and this team completely changes their identity next season

The issue I have here is the University could appeal to the fan base and field a team of players that want to be a part of the tournament….they probably should of said right away they wouldn’t accept an NIt bid and that wouldn’t of got fans somewhat excited for postseason play which we are all craving for

No one was excited about the NIT. This is a blessing in disguise.

We pay a lot of money towards NIL. To me the kids and coaches have an obligation to play. Finish the season. My contributions will be decreasing next year.
My perspective is, if a team doesn't want to play, it'll be an ugly spectacle. Granted the bowl game in football is a different sport, but I'd imagine that's the uninspired play we'd get in an NIT game. In all practical matters this season ended against NC St. I'm ready for next year.

Well unless you are going to go to Georgetown games, and donate to them and other teams, I don't think this will be a problem for you. Our team will have different players, and the ones who stay will want to be here. But NIL will always play a factor going forward. Good players can leave for more money else where, and other players who are not satisfied with playing time will just transfer. Syracuse didn't make this problem. Look at the teams in the NCAA. Most are made up of transfer players.
Exactly, so why quit on your teammates now. They go through the entire season and have a chance for more playing time and exposure and they bail. "Good players can leave for more money". That's a joke. I can name the guys who transferred out of here who bettered themselves on one hand. If they are doing it for the opportunity like Joe, that's one thing, and our fans booed him. If they go for more money like Jesse, then they were never about the team to start with.

Most of our guys are such crybabies, it's tough to root for them anyways. Get us the guys who aren't afraid to carry a lunchpail.

Do we ever talk about academics anymore? Is APR still a thing? What if kids drop out before the semester ends?

i dont get some people. I mean do fans want this run back AGAIN only to probably have the same results? Do people even know what chit Red had to deal with behind the scenes this year? Guy should have had a heart attack.

There will be a lot of egg on peoples faces when they land some big time players in the portal and this team completely changes their identity next season

Just wait until Fran's "purge" before Spring Practice starts.

And Benny was not even a soph. I also think it was a good class, not great, however lots of challenges

Looks like we're in rebuild mode... If they were good, we wouldn't be in rebuild mode.

The issue I have here is the University could appeal to the fan base and field a team of players that want to be a part of the tournament….they probably should of said right away they wouldn’t accept an NIt bid and that wouldn’t of got fans somewhat excited for postseason play which we are all craving for
Appeal to the fan base and field a team?
IMG_0820.gif

Not now... 2 yrs very possible.

He's as pure a shooter as we've had since maybe gmac...

We get a real PG that isn't all about getting his, Bell could shine.
The way I see it, if it's true Bell can only do one thing, and he's the only guy on the team that can consistently do that one thing, it's pretty remarkable that he made 84 threes on 42% shooting.

Improbable, really.

I will say this a lot of players during the game seemed to quit in the middle of the game for any of those players they can leave you don’t belong to have syracuse across your chest

He has, but the people who criticize him immediately tie him to JB because they wanted an outside hire to begin with and don’t appear to want him to succeed.
I think it goes deeper than an outside hire for some, truly a heart thing.

You are one of the few that was craving to watch this team play one second more this year. You know what I was craving for? The coaches to hit the ground running at making us a good team next year. Don't waste one more second on this group.

So there’s 5 or 6 spots open depending on what Chris Bell does, if this is how it’s all shaking out.

Cuffe, Starling, Moore, Freeman, Brown, McLeod and Patterson remain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom