NIT Bracketology | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

SU vs UMASS in the NIT. LOL.
Ha I was thinking about that last night. Actually not that ridiculous given the number of P5 teams that might say no thank you.

That’s silly. We aren’t gonna lose a portal player because we play in the NIT. You don’t think Red and the staff can’t reach out to players because of the NIT?
Just want full focus and attention on the portal. You think the current players care about the NIT?

SU vs UMASS in the NIT. LOL.
George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

Just want full focus and attention on the portal. You think the current players care about the NIT?

Well full focus isn’t 24/7/7. Unless we’re gonna recruit a 1,000 kids in the portal.

Anyone on the team who has his eye on the portal and doesn't want to play in the NIT can leave now and good riddance.
I hope Red has the stones to recruit over some of these guys and raise the talent level of the team for next year. That's the difficult business end of being the HC. We'll see.

If brown and duquesne win today there isnt an nit

You think the current players care about the NIT?
Those who don't appear to care should sit their butts on the bench (or stay home). This is the time to play some guys for experience and playing time (squarely looking at Cuffe). I'd also tell JT to pick his spots and is required to take at least 5 jumpers in each half. What do we have to lose?

Edited to add... I'd take it one step further. If Mintz/Cope are leaving, put Cuffe and JJ at the guard spots. Bell (provided he's on the right side of things) at the 3. JT at the 4 (pains me to say that) and Brown at the 5. Carey and walk-ons can come in as needed. Again, what's their to lose?

Last edited:
The NIT was helpful in 2002 when we had a bunch of young guys who were all planning on coming back. Same could be said for 2008. But times have changed. This is more like the 2017 NIT where no one wanted to be there and it showed in our play against Ole Miss.

I hope Red has the stones to recruit over some of these guys and raise the talent level of the team for next year. That's the difficult business end of being the HC. We'll see.
It's also the difficult business of being a player who is paid to play basketball. The days of building a program and allowing players to develop over a period of years is gone.

You might be a good kid and a hard worker, but you are also getting paid to be a good player. If you aren't, or if you are not projected to be in a reasonable period of time, you are merely overhead on the accounting spreadsheet. There are plenty of shiny objects out there in the portal who might be a better use of your NIL $$$.

Players wanted to be paid, but there was always going to be a downside of that for some of them. Unless you can metaphorically earn your keep every year, it will be a case of "You don't have to stop playing basketball, but you can't play basketball here." Not so different from the real, adult world, but likely not what the player ever envisioned.

As it looks right now, if we would get a bid I would be as an at large. Pitt and WF will take up the two bids for the ACC. The NIT looks like it has a tough field.

SU is easily in the NIT field. If you scroll down below the NCAA bracketology, is the NIT bracketology. And we've been in the middle of the projected field for the last few weeks.

SU is easily in the NIT field. If you scroll down below the NCAA bracketology, is the NIT bracketology. And we've been in the middle of the projected field for the last few weeks.

Start your engines ladies and gents we are innnnnnnn let’s goooooooo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom