NIT Bracketology | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

Is there a press release that states we opted out? Or is it true because it was posted here? We werent on the list posted on the selection show

Should Start with Judah, and all 4 centers. Then Bell, and Q. Brown is really the only one you really need to keep, JJ is ok, Cuffe, and Westry are injury prone. Williams already gone Taylor can stay but better not be a starter.
My understanding is that your predictions are... inaccurate.

Why?

I think we all anticipated a few guys leaving. Doesn’t seem unusual to decline an invite when you’d be playing with guys already out the door and with a team that has chemistry issues to begin with.
Sounds like a dumpster fire. These kids have no concept what TEAM means. Bye bye spoiled brats. Not sure how I feel about spending my time, money and energy on you next year.

I am disgusted at the so called fans who don't recognize that the world of basketball has changed, and are blaming things on a coach who pulled us to a pretty good first year, and are threatening to withhold donations. Small and petty. This is not 1980 anymore. There was a lot of drama that went with this years team. Red did an amazing job. Many teams turned down the NIT this year.

Why. Strategically, this benefits us in the NIL world. Instead of preparing for a sub par tournament, we are on the portal trail tomorrow and ahead of other teams.
Because I want to support those as passionate as I am. I am through being selfish, it's a hot take but my NIL money will now be funneled to grand-kids college funds. Frankly, I feel it is selfish of me as a grandfather to support players who could only care about themselves over my own flesh and blood.

I think by doubling down you're making yourself doubly wrong.

If anything, getting 20 wins out of a group with a lot of dysfunction is incredibly impressive.
Nope. I was right after the BC loss and I’m right today. Season was a bust. Hard to call it a success. It wasn’t a complete and utter failure, but it hasn’t been a successful year. Now it looks like Red is tearing down half the roster. I’m going inclined to still call it a bust. But I’m hopeful Red will get it fixed for next year. He’s at an early inflection point in his coaching career.

I am disgusted at the so called fans who don't recognize that the world of basketball has changed, and are blaming things on a coach who pulled us to a pretty good first year, and are threatening to withhold donations. Small and petty. This is not 1980 anymore. There was a lot of drama that went with this years team. Red did an amazing job. Many teams turned down the NIT this year.
Fans get emotional. It's what we do. :)

Even if you had walks on that wanted to play why would you not accept? But whatever no postseason anything yet again

In fans defense, the insiders are the only people telling us they declined, nothing official. Could be Dan Mullen all over again.

I think it’s hysterical that so many posters piled on me when I called Red’s first season a bust. While Red did a good job navigating through this challenging year and put up a respectable record, I think it’s fair to still call this season a bust based on what has transpired over the past two weeks and what will transpire over the next few weeks.

FWIW, this is me stating I was right. LOL.
You are still wrong. 20 wins with this team? Wins against UNC, State, Oregon? You might be one of 5 people that actually wanted us to play in the NIT and is disappointed that we aren't. This is good. Rip of the band aid and lets get a real team. Red did a good job wit this group. Far from a bust.

Sounds like a dumpster fire. These kids have no concept what TEAM means. Bye bye spoiled brats. Not sure how I feel about spending my time, money and energy on you next year.

“Very disturbing” is what I don’t get. We already knew guys were leaving. And most of us didn’t want to be in the NIT and/or expected we’d decline. IDK, this is pretty much just what was expected.

Well unless you are going to go to Georgetown games, and donate to them and other teams, I don't think this will be a problem for you. Our team will have different players, and the ones who stay will want to be here. But NIL will always play a factor going forward. Good players can leave for more money else where, and other players who are not satisfied with playing time will just transfer. Syracuse didn't make this problem. Look at the teams in the NCAA. Most are made up of transfer players.

Glad we stuck to JBs 2 year plan last year.
This sounds like the type of turnover you get when you hire externally. Only red spent a year before doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom