No more bubble talk please | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No more bubble talk please

I wasn’t thrilled with the effort, but we get next to nothing from the forward position most nights unless Q plays there. We need a scoring wing desperately. I keep going back and forth if Bell can be that guy, but tonight was not promising.

I wasn’t thrilled with the effort, but we get next to nothing from the forward position most nights unless Q plays there. We need a scoring wing desperately. I keep going back and forth if Bell can be that guy, but tonight was not promising.
Going back and forth is all he did on the basketball court tonight. Got some cardio in.

The team needed a real coach for several years,
lol. People need to stop looking backwards. JB struggled for several years at the tail end of a 47-year career that generally ranged from really good to outstanding. For a lifer like that, it typically gets a little ugly at the end. I mean, the only reason you have expectations is because of the guy you’re complaining about.

The bottom line is we struggled the past few years and now Red is trying to dig us out of it. Is he the guy to do it? Jury is out. If you love Red, that’s cool but there are questions to be answered. If you hate Red and felt it should have been a national search? Eh, maybe but, again, it was always staying in-house (so the point is moot) and while there are some legit concerns we’ve got to be a bit patient, regardless of who we hire.

It’s not that difficult to understand … yet everyone starts crying every time something doesn’t go according to plan.

Young team (that he recruited) with obvious roster flaws (he didn’t fix) that are his fault. Give him some time before you make such a statement.

FIFY

Damn y'all. I don't think they are making tournament but settle down. Bad loss...but

Still have games left that can make their resume good.
UNC,Clemson x2 and at wake

Thats why i said realistic shot. Losing to fsu and bc makes it must win games against the good teams we got left. And it aint realistic we’re gonna win them.

Georgia Tech has beaten UNC and Dook this season with a first year coach and worse on paper roster
Bingo. USM totally agree. This is not acceptable for our program. The lack of fundamentals. The missed free throws. The panic mentality when things go wrong.

Going back and forth is all he did on the basketball court tonight. Got some cardio in.
lol. Right now he is a shooter. He’s got some skill to be more than that offensively, but those things are only flashing from time to time. The question for Red and company is do they feel his shooting/scoring is important enough to outweigh the fact that he brings nothing else to the table. I’m leaning toward no, but I can see why they keep giving him chances. Particularly this season, when we don’t have a perfect solution sitting on the bench.

The other thing is that for Red’s system to work he can’t live with a rotation of five guys or so (JJ, Judah, q, brown, Benny). So he has to try and get something from some combination of cuffe, bell, Taylor, and Carey. Unless he hits on exactly the right combination and/or gets an unexpected big contribution from someone, we are apt to have a tough night.

BC roughed him up, it got in his head, and he didn't respond well.

Georgia Tech has beaten UNC and Dook this season with a first year coach and worse on paper roster
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

If we won tonight, your statement is still true.

ltab.jpg

Red inherited a flawed team and he didn't have time to make many roster changes so what did people expect? Next year should be somewhat better and the big jump should be in year 3 as he will have 2 recruiting classes and transfers.

Red inherited a flawed team and he didn't have time to make many roster changes so what did people expect? Next year should be somewhat better and the big jump should be in year 3 as he will have 2 recruiting classes and transfers.
Red made roster changes.

Jesse leaving was a surprise that put us in a tough spot.

Westry hasn't played.

Benny blew up his season before it started.

Weren't you the guy in the game thread saying the Dome should be empty for this team?
Maybe that’s why I am a fanatic. It resonates with me.

Too many blunders this game between allowing a 0-21 run (how is that even possible…), constantly missing free throws, and questionable lineup decisions.

And seeing poor GTech and Pittsburgh upset teams in conference does not make this okay. We need to do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom