No second round guarantee for Tyus | Syracusefan.com

No second round guarantee for Tyus

20Plus

Per the panel at the combine. It is very rare to get a guaranttee or commitment from any team on a second round destination. Much more so then even landing 31-42 and getting a guaranteed contract even.

The writing's on the wall and it's crystal clear.

Per the panel at the combine. It is very rare to get a guaranttee or commitment from any team on a second round destination. Much more so then even landing 31-42 and getting a guaranteed contract even.

Where does that come from?

mostly scrapping in the G league for a call -up, end of bench opportunity. His choice. Doesn't seem attractive to me.
Last year 50 guys got called up from the G league. Personally I think it's a lot more attractive than coming back to school and face the possibility of getting injured and never getting your career off the ground.

At least this summer, even if he doesn't get drafted, he will be playing in the NBA summer league with a great shot of an invite to an NBA training camp. I hope he comes back, and I don't disagree with those who think that another year could help, but if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't risk it.

Tyus seems to be OK with being a mid 2nd round pick, not much money, and mostly scrapping in the G league for a call -up, end of bench opportunity. His choice. Doesn't seem attractive to me.

70% of those drafted in the 2nd round got guaranteed contracts.

Tyus seems to be OK with being a mid 2nd round pick, not much money, and mostly scrapping in the G league for a call -up, end of bench opportunity. His choice. Doesn't seem attractive to me.
Me either. He will be starting on the bottom rung of the ladder to the NBA when he has already been told in one way or another that there is little interest in him.
As an old saying goes he has "A long row to hoe".

Last year 50 guys got called up from the G league. Personally I think it's a lot more attractive than coming back to school and face the possibility of getting injured and never getting your career off the ground.

At least this summer, even if he doesn't get drafted, he will be playing in the NBA summer league with a great shot of an invite to an NBA training camp. I hope he comes back, and I don't disagree with those who think that another year could help, but if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't risk it.

53% of NBA players have spent time in the G league.

Me either. He will be starting on the bottom rung of the ladder to the NBA when he has already been told in one way or another that there is little interest in him.
As an old saying goes he has "A long row to hoe".

I haven’t seen where all the nba has said they have little interest in him. Teams are working him out and mocks have him being drafted.

70% of those drafted in the 2nd round got guaranteed contracts.
Eventually it will probably be close to 100% (excluding a stashed Euro or two) with some of them signing two way contracts. I'm surprised some people still think he should come back. Of course, a lot hope he comes back, but that's a big difference.

its fuzzy math though since spending time in the NBA and can also just mean a couple weeks. its like MLB where tons of guys get some time in the show but that doesnt make them really MLB players.

53% of NBA players have spent time in the G league.

That's largely incorrect. That's the math Bazley's camp used to justify him leaving. You still fall into that number even if you are on a 10 day deal.

I haven’t seen where all the nba has said they have little interest in him. Teams are working him out and mocks have him being drafted.
I hear you Bees but I haven't heard any that have said they are interested.
Bottom line for me is that his NBA future is so iffy at this point, he needs to decide just how bad he wants to play pro ball and where he would be willing to go to do it.

I hear you Bees but I haven't heard any that have said they are interested.
Bottom line for me is that his NBA future is so iffy at this point, he needs to decide just how bad he wants to play pro ball and where he would be willing to go to do it.

Who the hell is telling anyone who they are really interested in? Its ridiculous to think that. You and all of us are just reading information that is given to reporters on purpose. No one with decision making power is sharing secrets with anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom