Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv'e been a Cooney Guy since he was a senior in High School.
I almost gave up on him "Thought he would end up being a Bigger Jarius Janulis" but after watching him this year
my hope is renewed. He has finished more of his drives, Scored on Backdoor Cuts and has shot well from the 3. His defense is better than Ennis and MG combined.
Mike G has trouble with the dribble and getting past the 10sec Line.

you said "how can anyone say this until we see him in a regular season game", and I made a joke that people do it all the time

scouts don't go to their boss, "well I wish we could draft this guy but I would have to see him in an NBA game first"

I guarantee Cooney will shoot better than 27%. You can see the increased confidence and knowing he won't have a short leash will help a lot.

I love the set inbound play to Cooney hitting a 3. I love the double screen under the basket to free him up on the catch and shoot. The Orange are running a lot of nice plays where even if the defense knows what the Orange are going to do it is very difficult to defend.

The problem is not with Trevor, but in his role. He is our only designated 3 point shooter. As such he will probably shoot 35 to 40% for the season, but he will have those off games when he only hits one or even no treys in an outing. Last year James was the designated three point shooter, but he had help from Brandon, expected help from Trevor, and chip in contributions from CJ and MCW to take the pressure off. This year we still have CJ, but beyond that limited three point shooting. I love Ennis's form on his shots and he will eventually be a good three point shooter, but this season it remains to be seen if he can effectively lighten Trevor's load. Based upon Jimmy's rotation, it appears BJ & Buss will be future contributors.

The problem is not with Trevor, but in his role. He is our only designated 3 point shooter. As such he will probably shoot 35 to 40% for the season, but he will have those off games when he only hits one or even no treys in an outing.

You are mostly right but Ennis has been making 3's also. But more importantly, TC is probably the best up-top defender and he's much more than just a 3-point shooter. I love his drives to the basket. I love his back cuts to get layups under the basket. If he can improve his ball handling and ability to drive he is going to be a very good offensive threat. TC has already perform so much better than any of my expectations!

Bump for this nutty thread. Cooney ripping it. Maybe shaky potatoes is similar to "phony like Michael Jordan"? Urban dictionary and internet slang database, useless again.
hqdefault.jpg

It's like zen koan. I'm assuming it's saying something really profound. But I am just not smart enough to figure out what it is!

Don't sell yourself short, you might some day. It reminds me of one I'm still working on figuring out, which I believe may help me reach enlightenment:
"You just better start sniffin' your own rank subjugation jack, 'cause it's just you against your tattered libido the bank and the mortician forever man, and it wouldn't be luck if you could get out of life alive". Seriously, if anyone has any ideas let me know please. At least with Shaky Potatoes we can go straight to the source and not have to google the internet and read countless theories like I had to. ;)

I can't be the only one who thinks Lawrinson needs to come up with an ad for a fake brand of potatoes called Shaky's Potatoes with Trevor Cooney smiling on the bag as its spokesperson, holding a big potato instead of a basketball.

I can't be the only one who thinks Lawrinson needs to come up with an ad for a fake brand of potatoes called Shaky's Potatoes with Trevor Cooney smiling on the bag as its spokesperson, holding a big potato instead of a basketball.
Lawrinson14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors